Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

2012 mustang gt stuttering at WOT

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2017, 09:20 PM
Wolford34

Default 2012 mustang gt stuttering at WOT

hello everyone i got a short story for you and hopefully someone can give me the correct fix to my problem. first off i was in army bct until about 3 weeks ago i threw out my back in week 11/14 of infantry training and got discharged. On jan. 4th 2017 ( last day of my HBL -holiday block leaver) i blew my motor i had a warranty a local dealership installed a new motor for a payment of just $100 from me. first the dealership tried getting my mom (she was in charge of the car because i couldent deal with them because i was in training.) to pay for a new clutch. she told them no and it didnt need one when it went into the shop it shouldent need one when it comes out. she got my car and got about a mile down the road a clamp came off and white smoke started coming from hood she took it back. they fixed it she got it again and the check engine light came on she took it back they ran the codes and told her specifically to change coils #2 and #8. she was fed up with this and at this time i already sent her a letter telling her i got hurt and i was coming home so she left it with me. i got my car took it up to a local auto shop ( firestone) i have a friend that works up their we ran the codes again we it was a misfire on 2,6,8 plus p0300 and p0316 we reaplaced spark plugs and coils on 2,6,8. was still misfiring. so i started googling to see what else it could be. took it to another shop they said ford never did a relearn on my ecm when they put new motor it they did it and it ran great for 4 days started to pull random misfire/multiple cylinder codes and a code for the crankshaft position sensor, had a shop install a new crankshaft position sensor and they also did a relearn on the ecm. now my problem is on WOT the car is stuttering. i took it to a different ford dealership they told me my coil boots and spark plugs were bad. i just replaced all of those today and it is still stuttering on WOT. now what i mean by stuttering is when i am around 4k rpm and pedal is more then 3/4 down it makes a stuttering noise and it hesitates it never did this before. I am thinking it is fuel and air related now. but i have no idea if i really get on it while its doing the stuttering and not let off the CEL will flash but go off. if you need anymore information just reply on here ill be checking it periodically throughout the night, day. sorry for typing so much, thank you for reading.