Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Another exhaust too loud question

Old 08-01-2017, 05:54 PM
Dredd1

Actually they turned down the volume by a good notch. Still fairly loud but at least I don't have to be on the lookout for cops all the time. Drone is gone also at highway speeds. I can hear my radio. Yay!
Old 08-02-2017, 04:33 AM
Coosawjack
2nd Gear Member

Glad they worked for ya!!
Old 08-16-2017, 11:43 PM
vb101
1st Gear Member

I have BBK long tubes catted x-pipe and MBRP 22" resonators with Borla S-type mufflers. They are very loud from 2500 to 3500 rpm. below and above that they aren't too obnoxious in my opinion. I had the GT500s prior to that and felt they were a little too tame for my taste. It's hard to get the right volume level on these cars when you install long tubes. they will either be not loud enough or too loud. I got the resonators because the long tubes caused a pretty significant resonance at around 1600-1800 rpms with the GT500s. After the resonators the resonance was gone along with most of the raspiness. They also quieted it down some, not a huge amount but noticeable. They just barely fit between the x-pipe and the bend going over the differential. Basically I think the GT500s would be the best option if excessive volume is an issue. Getting the biggest resonators you can fit on the car like I did will make the exhaust sound better, a little deeper and quieter with little to no rasp or resonance with the GT500s.
Old 08-17-2017, 04:03 AM
Coosawjack
2nd Gear Member

Have any of you guys with Long Tubes and No Resonators tried the "Stock Ford Axle-Backs" that came on the car from the factory....could be they might sound pretty good??

Search this Thread