5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Engine Bay - Wiring Hiding/Clean-up

Old 09-29-2007, 05:14 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

Default Engine Bay - Wiring Hiding/Clean-up

My engine bay on my 92 5.0 is extremely cluttered. I have an MSD 6AL mounted under my BBK fenderwell intake which looks like crap along with the coil from the MSD looking like crap as well. I have my battery and all my nitrous lines/purple zex box and purge just looking extremely messy.

If somebody could help me out on where to mount these things and how to clean it up please help me out! It is such an eye sore looking at all these different things especially the different colors!

I wanted to be able to hide as many different wires as I can and just make the engine bay a lot nicer to look at.

-Jeff
Old 09-29-2007, 05:42 PM
Albizo66
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Engine Bay - Wiring Hiding/Clean-up

+1 jeff..i wanna know the same thing, it just looks bad...my msd is also mounted under my bbk fenderwell, i think it looks alright there, its nice and out of the way...but i just want to clean my car up badly
Old 09-29-2007, 06:32 PM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

You know, there so much crap under my hood, I don't have the time or patience for a project like that.
Old 09-29-2007, 07:08 PM
ALMOST STOCK
4th Gear Member

I hid all the wires in my engine bay 7 yrs ago and I was probably one of the 1st to do it I'm guessing other than a couple of other ppl, and when I did mine it took me about 6 hrs to do the drivers side and 2 hrs to do the passenger side, now if I had to do it I figure I could do the drivers side in 2-3 hrs and the passenger side in a hr and never cut to extend a wire.

Jeff ,
I've got a How to Hide wires write up on my site but if my site doesn't work for you email me and I've got hundereds of pics and I'll tell you exactly how to do it if you want.

Last edited by ALMOST STOCK; 05-12-2011 at 09:22 AM.
Old 09-29-2007, 07:49 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ALMOST STOCK

I hid all the wires in my engine bay 7 yrs ago and I was probably one of the 1st to do it I'm guessingother thana couple of other ppl, and when I did mine it took me about 6 hrs to do the drivers side and 2 hrs to do the passenger side, now if I had to do it I figure I could do the drivers side in 2-3 hrs and the passenger side in a hr and never cut to extend a wire.

Jeff ,
I've got a How to Hide wires write up on my site but if my site doesn't work for you email me and I've got hundereds of pics and I'll tell you exactly how to do it if you want.
PM sent!
Old 09-29-2007, 11:28 PM
stang8689
6th Gear Member

Did mine in June, I puter the starter silinoed in fenderwell. Took that whole bulk back through the firewall, then ran into fender. The headlight wires, hood cable, had to extend wires. The wires that went over brake boosterI ran under and into fender as well as mounting coil to the inside rail. I but battery in trunk and mounted MSD box there. Welded all holes and painted. Yes it took a lot of time but I did by myself. Almost stock looks a little better but mines not bad. Last pic shows some of the wires

Old 09-29-2007, 11:37 PM
stang8689
6th Gear Member

More pics of wires I forgot I had

Old 09-29-2007, 11:41 PM
immr.mustang
2nd Gear Member

[quote][I hid all the wires in my engine bay 7 yrs ago and I was probably one of the 1st to do it I'm guessingother thana couple of other ppl, and when I did mine it took me about 6 hrs to do the drivers side and 2 hrs to do the passenger side, now if I had to do it I figure I could do the drivers side in 2-3 hrs and the passenger side in a hr and never cut to extend a wire.

Jeff ,

< Message edited by ALMOST STOCK -- 9/29/2007 5:11:22 PM >

MY CAR
/quote]
awesome page man. I never realized that it would be that simple to reroute the wires. You do need to do one thing though....... turn down all that BLING!!!!!(jk) man it almost blinded me when I saw that engine. That is a true masterpiece man! You have a sweet ride.
Old 09-29-2007, 11:54 PM
stang8689
6th Gear Member

Yeah his is sweet
Old 09-30-2007, 01:16 AM
ALMOST STOCK
4th Gear Member

stang8689;I know exactly what you’re about doing things yourself!
This is something I did over 7 yrs ago.

and it turned out like this

But I still wasn't satisfied...So2 yrs later I decided to do things right!!

And it ended up looking like this

and then last yr I changed things again to this
and who knows what I'm gonna do this winter.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Engine Bay - Wiring Hiding/Clean-up