AmericanMuscle.com Premier store carries over 1000 Mustang parts and accessories. Features the largest mustang wheel selection available and offers free mount and balance with tire purchases. Committed to expert customer support, great prices and fast, free shipping!

Contest Submission Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 04:10 PM
jovez
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Contest Submission Thread!

Location: Castle, Las Vegas, NM. This is one of ten international schools in the chain of the Armand Hammer World college located throughout the world. It used to be a grand hotel that would cater to only the super rich which was built by the Santa Fe Railroad in 1882. It is one of only a few places in the United States that is officially called a "castle".

Old 02-18-2007, 08:56 PM
Durr727
6th Gear Member

History Description: After the indians were killed by the colonial fore-fathers this wasone of thefirst of five notable houses built in the early 1800's in South Florida. It was built andowned by Frederick C. Peters. He was considered the founding father of the city. He suryved all the land from present day Palm Beach all the way to the Biscayne Bay area. He was known as the "barefoot mailman" also because he delievered mail to the few residents at the time.

Significance: The Tequesta tribe of Indians were the previous owners of the land and they were believed to bury their dead in specially built mounds. In 1975 one of these mounds were found. It was located in front of the house (Right were my car is parked). They excavated many interesting artifacts, including pottery, tools, andthousands upon thousands ofhuman bones. This house is now used as the city hall and a museum and every year a parade is held in honor of our history where people come to party around the area of the house. Some say this upsets the spirits of the indians and people say they see ghosts around the area at night. Last month a man was found dead in the bushes and was said to died of unknown causes. <----No joke.

Old 02-18-2007, 09:45 PM
SilvrStang
6th Gear Member

Description: Las Vegas Motospeedway is an incredible establishment and a big thing for NASCAR and boost for the entertainment of Las Vegas.Constructed in 1955 this complex facility has four different tracks for automobile racing.Great events attract millions and millions of hardcore race fans and especially NASCAR.They show up here to gamble and watch the races.If u have ever been to a NASCAR race u really know how good can it get. The complex is home to several race teams. Currently the track is open two nights a week for locals to drag race. This is an effort to get this activity off of local streets and into a safer environment.It has a capacity of 200,000 people.
The speedway has often been referred to as "The Blue Oval" because the races have been dominated by Ford drivers in the Nextel Cup Series. Jimmie Johnson (2), Jeff Gordon (1), and Sterling Marlin (1) are the only drivers who have won at the track in the Cup Series not driving a Ford.The speedway has also been known as "The House Of Roush" because nearly all of his drivers have had success at the track including Matt Kenseth (2), Mark Martin (1), and Jeff Burton (2).
NASCAR Events on this racetrack:
[ul][*]NASCAR Nextel Cup - UAW-DaimlerChrysler 400[*]NASCAR Busch Series - Sam's Town 300[/ul]

Old 02-18-2007, 10:52 PM
Jurnymn
2nd Gear Member

It was October 5, 1872 in Coffeyville Kansas when the Dalton gang rode into town with their sights set on robbing 2 banks. The Condon and the First National Bank. They were desperate. Hot on their trail was Deputy Marshal Heck Thomas and they needed a big score to finance their way out to Seattle and board a steamer to South America. That and they wanted to be back in the headlines again trying to beat out Frank and Jesse James for the most wanted outlaws.
What they didn't count on was a citizen recognizing them as they wore their fake facial hair. The citizen followed them and observed them entering the banks and trying to rob the teller. The alarm was quickly sounded and the townspeople quickly armed themselves with weapons from a nearby hardware store. As they came out of the banks they were fired upon by the townspeople. The ensuing gunbattle continued for 15 mins and when it was over four of the five Dalton gang were dead and four town defenders lay dead.
Grat and Bob Dalton, Bill Powers and Dick Broadwell were shot down. The youngest Dalton brother Emmett survived and served 14 years in prison and died in Hollywood, California in 1937. The
four defenders were Marshal C.T. Connelly, Lucius Baldwin, Geroge Cubine and Charles Brown.

Their graves lay just to the south of town. The Condon bank is the orignal bank that the robbery took place. The National Bank was lost to a fire. During October 6-7th they have the re-enactment days so you can see what it was like to be there in the wild days. I wonder if any of them rode a mustang?

Old 02-18-2007, 11:34 PM
Jurnymn
2nd Gear Member

It was a sad day for OklahomaCity and for our nation. On April 19, 1995 Timothy McVey and Terry Nickels decided to strike out at the government by parking a rental van in front of the Alfred P. Murrah
federal building. The explosion that followed claimed 168 men, women and children with over 800 more wounded. It was the deadliest domestic terroristicattack in America till September 11, 2001. It changed the way we see our country.
The memorial was selected from 624 entries from every state and 23 countries to represent those that died and to those that rescued the wounded. At the east end of the reflection pool is the gate that has 9:01 engraved in it which represents the time when the city was still innocent. The gate at the west end ( which my car is parked beside ) has 9:03 engraved which represents the moments our lives were changed and the sadness we witnessed. The tree in the photo is called the Survivor Tree. It is 90 years old and it survived the blast and it represents the ongoing life of the city. Beside it is a monument which reads " The spirit of this nation will not be defeated; our deeply rooted faith sustains us". On the building north of the explosion a rescue team left a message.There are 168 chairs to represent those that perished, 19 of those are smaller to stand for the children that lost their lives.

As I type this for you I find it very hard to convey the heavyness in my heart that I felt while standing there and I feel at this moment. I pray we can all be vigilant against those that seek to destroy our way of life and to kill our neighbors, friends and family.

Old 02-19-2007, 01:21 AM
v6Ben35
2nd Gear Member

This isthe clocktower in front of Mizner Park in Boca Raton, Fl. I chose this place to take a picture because it is the place I pretty much go every weekend. It's famous because right behind the clock tower is a huge amphitheater for live performances, and on the other side is a twosided mile long strip filled with shops and restaurants. In between is one of the most confortable places to just sit and relax, filled with waterfalls and gazebos.
Old 02-19-2007, 03:21 PM
mattdel
6th Gear Member

Here is my car in front of the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame on West Columbus Ave in Springfield, Massachusetts.

Here is my car in front of the imfamous Smith & Wesson gun manufactoring plant.

More to come...
Old 02-19-2007, 05:26 PM
AMEmilie
3rd Gear Member

Awesome job so far everyone! I'm loving what I see so far
Old 02-19-2007, 05:34 PM
AMEmilie
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mattdel

Here is my car in front of the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame on East Columbus Ave in Springfield, Massachusetts.

LOVE IT! I went to UMass, and I'm from Boston originally. I always get chills when I drive past the HoF...
Old 02-19-2007, 07:36 PM
SilvrStang
6th Gear Member

Description:This is a fully functional ready for combat Air Force Base.
It is located 30 minutes off Las Vegas strip and just 25 miles of famous Area 51. This base has air fields,hospital,munition storage facility.Nellis Air Force Base provides advanced combat training for composite strike forces, which includes every type of aircraft in the Air Force inventory.It provides best training for pilots of any aircraft ever to hit the sky.Home of the Fighter Pilot.ā€¯ It is the pinnacle of advanced air combat aviation training. The baseā€™s all encompassing mission is accomplished through an array of aircraft: A-10; F-15C; F-15E; F-22A; F-16; B2Bomber,RQ-1A and MQ-1 Predator remotely piloted aircraft; and HH-60G helicopters.Area covers more then 14 000 acres. It is a highly secured facility. These aircrafts have their test sites just 30 miles of the base in Nevada desert where they have setup targets for practice air strikes. It is an awesome view seeing F-15s flying right above your head and taking off vertically with the jet engines roaring.It is definetly a must see if u come visit Las Vegas.

I looked suspicious so they send out the cruisier with the military lights on and it passed me by twice.So I packed my stuff got in the car and left. Being at highly secured air force base isnt that much fun lol.Although they had some awesome aircrafts.Holy.....

Quick Reply: Contest Submission Thread!