AmericanMuscle.com Premier store carries over 1000 Mustang parts and accessories. Features the largest mustang wheel selection available and offers free mount and balance with tire purchases. Committed to expert customer support, great prices and fast, free shipping!

Contest Submission Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 03:03 AM
retropony06
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Contest Submission Thread!

This is Ripley's Aquarium in Myrtle Beach SC, it is a $40 million aquarium that is South Carolinas most visited attraction. It is truly an amazing attraction and the architecture shines like a jewel at night. I don't really know how to tie in the picture of the Mustang other than the fact that this is my hometown, and Iam very proud of it. PS the car doesn't look so bad either!!

Old 02-23-2007, 04:02 AM
Boozshey
5th Gear Member

This series was taken at the White Sands National Monument in the midst of the Southern New Mexico desert. The sand covers 275 square miles which makes it the worlds largest gypsum dune field. This area is surrounded by the White Sands Missle Range Missle Testing Area. This desert has been seen several times on Future Weapons (Discovery Channel); will have a role in the upcoming Transformers movie; and is the implied setting/area in the great movie "The Hills Have Eyes." The range is also famous for the Trinity Site which was the testing site of the first atomic bomb along with the testing site for America's THAAD system (Theater High-Altitude Area Defense).

I chose this location due to the contrasting color of the Black Mustang against the pure white sand of the dunes.

Old 02-23-2007, 12:14 PM
amrcnidyot
6th Gear Member

Alirght, i finally got all mine done. me and my girlfriend did our best to be creative as you said
Description: When the pizza craze started sweeping the nation in the late 1950s, two young college students, attending the University of Wichita at the time, opened the first Pizza Hut restaurant on June 15, 1958. Brothers Frank and Dan Carney had been approached by the owner of a small building at the corner of Kellogg and Bluff, who wanted a nice neighborhood business to locate there and she had read a November 1957 Saturday Evening Post article about the pizza craze. The building had a sign that would only accommodate nine characters. The brothers wanted to use "Pizza" in the name and that left room for only three more letters. A family member suggested that the building looked like a hut — and Pizza Hut was born. Pizza Hut is now a huge chain of restraints throughout the world.

Old 02-23-2007, 12:17 PM
amrcnidyot
6th Gear Member

Description: For 72 years, the National Baseball Congress has been gathering teams from across the globe for a one-of-a-kind baseball tournament that has baseball being played around the clock. With 83 games played in a matter of two weeks and games beginning at all hours of the night, there is non-stop baseball action. The signature event for the NBC World Series is called “Baseball Round the Clockâ€. Games run from Friday at 5 pm until Sunday at 10 pm. With 17 games in 56 hours on one field, baseball is played, literally, around the clock. This is also the place I met and asked out my current girlfriend and soon to be fiancé.

Old 02-23-2007, 12:20 PM
amrcnidyot
6th Gear Member

and last but defenately not least....
Description: The 247-acre Sedgwick County Zoo opened in 1971 and has been ranked among the best zoos in the world and at one time the 2nd best in the United States. Displaying nearly 2,500 animals of500 species, it is the No. 1 outdoor, family tourist attraction in Kansas. My girlfriend had a great influence on this one as you can see. lol

Old 02-23-2007, 12:55 PM
96 myztic
2nd Gear Member

Here is the capitol building in wonderful Sacramento Californiawhere theGovernator resides. The California state capitol plays an important role not only in the state but nationwide as California has the nations highest gdp and if were ranked world wide would have the 8th largest economy.

To take these pictures i had to hold up traffic a few times and dodge a questioning police officer who wanted to know why i was stopped in the middle of the street, go figure. Anyways, enjoy.

Old 02-23-2007, 01:38 PM
rbstang
6th Gear Member

My town used to have a railroad station going right through the middle of town. The only thing left is the caboose and a painting on a wall reminding us there used to be a railroad station here.
@ Night infront of the caboose

During the day infront of the painting

The caboose during the day blocked by workers that work in a nearby office
Old 02-23-2007, 02:19 PM
AMEmilie
3rd Gear Member

You guys have done a FABULOUS job! I'm so excited by how well these photos turned out! You've made the decision very difficult. Stay tuned for the winner!