AmericanMuscle.com Premier store carries over 1000 Mustang parts and accessories. Features the largest mustang wheel selection available and offers free mount and balance with tire purchases. Committed to expert customer support, great prices and fast, free shipping!

First and last order from American Muscle

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 08:37 AM
Mwernero0
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by BA Mustang
It does say "Cutting Required". Also you could have possibly ordered the wrong kit.
Good point
Old 01-04-2010, 03:43 PM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by stlgates
Just starting to mod my first mustang. I ordered the V6 dual exhaust adapter using America Muscle's recommendation. My tech went to install it and we noticed the adapters did not line up correctly. I submitted a request for return and was denied because I opened the box! How else was I supposed to know if they fit unless I opened the box? Nothing was connected, I understand denying a return if someone attached the kit but this never touched metal. I think it's poor customer service to deny a return based on an open box not to mention the part YOU recommended didn't line up. There are too many mustang parts companies like StreetSideAuto to have to put up with this...and like I said I was just starting to mod so for $124.99 it's AM's loss.
I'm sorry you didn't get the response you expected to your request for a return. Our company policy is that we don't process returns on undamaged/non-defective exhaust parts that have been opened, because they're not considered to be in new condition any longer. However, if the parts are defective, we will replace them. I apologize for the confusion, it sounds like there was a miscommunication. I'll look into this for you to see what we can work out. Would it be possible for you to send me a pm and describe the difficulties in more detail, or include a few pictures of the part in relation to your exhaust? This way, we can determine the exact issue and what will work best to resolve it for you. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused, and I appreciate your patience with us.
Old 01-13-2010, 06:22 PM
d3mon
3rd Gear Member

Been buying from AM since they were mustangtuning i never had a problem, they are very helpful and nobody can beat free shipping.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:11 AM
lizzyfan
Underboss

100% satisfied with AM here
Old 01-15-2010, 01:03 AM
GrnBullitt08
5th Gear Member

Bought a few parts from AM without any issue....looks like the rep is interested in getting the situation worked out for ya.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:38 AM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Curious of the outcome. Its not like I'm going to be, "I'll never buy from them again!" type scenario but I'm just interested to see how the scenario got resolved.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:18 AM
goldhillstang
1st Gear Member

I can't comment on their customer service because I've never purchased from them. Everything I've bought I've been able to find for less money elsewhere.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:54 PM
Shaunmac9128
6th Gear Member

Purchased many things from AM before and never had a problem with shipping, customer service, or parts. And I have returned things easily with no issues. But exhaust parts are a different situation.
Old 01-16-2010, 12:16 AM
ChalknCover
Sgt. Killjoy

I am a repeat customer. I have always been satisfied with my orders, I can't beat the price when they throw in free next day shipping. The only issue I had was with a backordered part and AMNick was most helpful. Sorry to hear you had a bad experience, please keep us apprised of the situation.
Old 01-16-2010, 12:52 AM
67fire
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by goldhillstang
I can't comment on their customer service because I've never purchased from them. Everything I've bought I've been able to find for less money elsewhere.
Same here.
Customer service, sounds good though!

Eric

Quick Reply: First and last order from American Muscle