AmericanMuscle.com Premier store carries over 1000 Mustang parts and accessories. Features the largest mustang wheel selection available and offers free mount and balance with tire purchases. Committed to expert customer support, great prices and fast, free shipping!

First and last order from American Muscle

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2010, 02:07 PM
stlgates

Thumbs down First and last order from American Muscle

Just starting to mod my first mustang. I ordered the V6 dual exhaust adapter using America Muscle's recommendation. My tech went to install it and we noticed the adapters did not line up correctly. I submitted a request for return and was denied because I opened the box! How else was I supposed to know if they fit unless I opened the box? Nothing was connected, I understand denying a return if someone attached the kit but this never touched metal. I think it's poor customer service to deny a return based on an open box not to mention the part YOU recommended didn't line up. There are too many mustang parts companies like StreetSideAuto to have to put up with this...and like I said I was just starting to mod so for $124.99 it's AM's loss.
Old 01-01-2010, 07:11 PM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

...Sorry to here!!! Have you tried to PM Nick at AM on this site?

...I've never had any problems with AM over the years & I hope tou/they can clear-up this matter! GL!!
Old 01-01-2010, 07:21 PM
bopiela
4th Gear Member

I agree. Ive heard nothing but good things about AM and have had no issues myself. Sounds like it may just have been bad luck... AMNick may be able to help somehow?? Try PM'ing him. That is his username, AMNick, by the way.
Old 01-01-2010, 10:35 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

I've never had issues with AM before. They have always been great to me.. I would definitely contact them back. There must of been some sort of misunderstanding.
Old 01-03-2010, 08:47 AM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by stlgates
Just starting to mod my first mustang. I ordered the V6 dual exhaust adapter using America Muscle's recommendation. My tech went to install it and we noticed the adapters did not line up correctly. I submitted a request for return and was denied because I opened the box! How else was I supposed to know if they fit unless I opened the box? Nothing was connected, I understand denying a return if someone attached the kit but this never touched metal. I think it's poor customer service to deny a return based on an open box not to mention the part YOU recommended didn't line up. There are too many mustang parts companies like StreetSideAuto to have to put up with this...and like I said I was just starting to mod so for $124.99 it's AM's loss.

Yeah sounds like you got some noob at AM that didn't know what they were talking about. they returned some clear blinkers for me twice that i had opened both times AND the damn parts were correct both times, I was a tool and thought they sent the wrong thing.
Old 01-03-2010, 11:51 AM
thunderhorse
3rd Gear Member

Yeah AM was great about returning a defective antenna I had. I actually just emailed customer service with pictures on how the adapter didn't match up, and they helped me quickly and kindly. This is probably just a little mishap, and I'm sure if you try to contact AMNick or another representative, your problem will be solved.
Old 01-03-2010, 01:02 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

You guys had parts that were not exhaust related. This might be different.
Old 01-03-2010, 01:12 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

I've probably made over 15 purchases with AM, and have never had a problem. Just be persistant (in a professional manner) and i'm sure they'll take care of you.
Old 01-03-2010, 07:23 PM
drs102362
2nd Gear Member

AM is one of the best Mustang retailers around. I've had numerous transactions with them and they are my go-to source.
Old 01-03-2010, 07:37 PM
1slow67
ROTM Moderator

It does say "Cutting Required". Also you could have possibly ordered the wrong kit.

Quick Reply: First and last order from American Muscle