AmericanMuscle.com Premier store carries over 1000 Mustang parts and accessories. Features the largest mustang wheel selection available and offers free mount and balance with tire purchases. Committed to expert customer support, great prices and fast, free shipping!

UPDATED! AMStanger's MF Fotofix Contest! Win $50 and Sweet Prizes!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 04:13 PM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Default UPDATED! AMStanger's MF Fotofix Contest! Win $50 and Sweet Prizes!

Car show season is here, and that means all the Mustangs out there are looking their best. Coincidentally, our blog will be featuring a Mustang FotoFix soon (like this one or this one). We normally feature the best Mustang pics the Internet has to offer, but we've decided that a change is needed.

So, I have a challenge for you guys. Stage your Mustang and take the best picture you can of it. Then, post the picture up in this thread. Once submissions are closed, eight pictures will be selected and a poll will be posted in this thread. All eight pictures will be featured on our blog, and the posters will receive a wicked-cool AmericanMuscle prize pack. The picture with the most votes will win a $50 AM gift card in addition to the prize pack.

You can submit more than one picture as an entry, but each picture must include a piece of paper or sign with your forum name on it somewhere. Pictures must be submitted before midnight on Wednesday, May 26th. Only pictures posted on this thread will be considered. Winners will be announced after voting is closed. Please make sure your pictures are as clear and the resolution is as high as possible (which means camera phones are a no-go), because we'll be using these photos on the blog on Friday, May 28th.

Rules:
  • The 1st prize winner will receive a $50 Americanmuscle.com gift card, plus an AM prize pack
  • Runners-up will each receive an AM prize pack.
  • 1st prize winner will be selected through a poll posted on this thread.
  • Pictures must be submitted by midnight Eastern Standard Time on Wednesday, May 26th. update: the contest was extended! grab some pictures while you can!
  • Multiple pictures may be submitted, but spamming the same picture multiple times will disqualify you.
  • This contest is open to US residents only.
  • Submissions must have your user name written on a piece of paper somewhere in the frame in order to qualify. update: disregard this rule!

UPDATE 5/25:

To make this contest easier on you guys, I'm removing the rule about needing to have your username incorporated into the picture. This should make things easier on everyone. Here's a quick recap of what you need to know, as of right now:
  • Pictures must be submitted by midnight tomorrow, May 26th.
  • Multiple entries are okay, but don't spam the same picture
  • Voting for the winner will happen Thursday, and winner will be announced after voting is completed, on Friday. (The poll was posted later than planned, and the extra day will make sure everybody has time to vote. I'm sorry for any confusion, thanks for your patience)

Thanks for all the submissions so far, you guys have sent in some great pictures!

Last edited by AMDanBailer; 05-27-2010 at 04:08 PM.
Old 05-14-2010, 04:39 PM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Three hundred plus views, and nobody has volunteered to take a picture of their Mustang yet? Guys, fame is on the line here!
Old 05-14-2010, 05:11 PM
1slow67
ROTM Moderator

Is there a year limit to this?

Cause I would seriously take pictures of mine if there isn't.

Last edited by 1slow67; 05-16-2010 at 06:05 PM.
Old 05-14-2010, 06:32 PM
mcstang
2nd Gear Member

Hmmmmm, my car will be in the shop with a few changes. Maybe I can get something by the due date. I know she's the prettiest girl at the dance
Old 05-16-2010, 06:44 PM
Lupo222
2nd Gear Member

Location: Camp Lejeune, North Carolina and Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I took this picture before I knew about hte contest...no idea how to get a written piece of paper into this one...or anyone really and still make it a good picture...

Old 05-21-2010, 12:24 PM
Shadow7874
4th Gear Member

Its quite difficult to get a good pic while including the user name. If the paper is on the car its illegible, if its away from the car either it or the car is out of focus. And the current weather makes pics look terrible (low light) but heres the best i can do for now

Last edited by Shadow7874; 05-21-2010 at 12:31 PM.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:30 PM
1slow67
ROTM Moderator

I watermark my pictures with my username.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:40 PM
mikeysGT
4th Gear Member

i agree on the username on picture thing. kind of hard to get one that makes the name visible.. here's one of my favorites of my car.

Old 05-22-2010, 08:33 PM
mikeysGT
4th Gear Member

Will a watermark on the picture work? Just took some new shots at today's car show I can use

Last edited by mikeysGT; 05-27-2010 at 12:30 AM.
Old 05-23-2010, 10:42 PM
Stealth
2nd Gear Member

Great contest! Here are my entries, resized for forums use.

Quick Reply: UPDATED! AMStanger's MF Fotofix Contest! Win $50 and Sweet Prizes!