AmericanMuscle.com Premier store carries over 1000 Mustang parts and accessories. Features the largest mustang wheel selection available and offers free mount and balance with tire purchases. Committed to expert customer support, great prices and fast, free shipping!

Paint Winter Rims

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 03:42 AM
a_lopez1975
4th Gear Member

Default Paint Winter Rims

Ok, I plan on purchasing some new rims for my Stang. However, my stock rims has all season tires, so I plan on getting them professionally painted at an auto shop. So when the winter times come, I can take off the good set of rims, and put these improved stock bad boys on. I was wondering the correct name of this particular wheel cap I would like to get if AM or any other vendor has it.

Pony Emblem circled in red (I have the "Ford" emblem on my stock rims)

This is a pic of my stock rims and the 2010 GT Premium Rims I saw on AM which gave me a general Idea how it will look on my car. So I figure I get the stock painted, take the ugly "Ford" emblem off, and replace it with a Pony Stripe Emblem.

Ugly "Ford" emblem

How I imagine my stock rims will looked when painted black

This is how I imagine my hood will look with the Black Hood Scoop and Black Hood Pins (the appearance kit, not real hood pins though for now)

Found a pic of a silver stang with black hood scoop, so I decided to draw some racing stripes and black hood pins to get an idea on how it will look. I know it's a little ghetto, but this is the best I can do for now, LOL

So what do ya'll think? and if anyone knows where I can get the stripe pony emblem, please let me know.

Thanks
Old 11-30-2011, 10:23 AM
Syracuse315
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by a_lopez1975
Ok, I plan on purchasing some new rims for my Stang. However, my stock rims has all season tires, so I plan on getting them professionally painted at an auto shop. So when the winter times come, I can take off the good set of rims, and put these improved stock bad boys on. I was wondering the correct name of this particular wheel cap I would like to get if AM or any other vendor has it.
Of course AM has them. FYI, the emblem is called the "Tri-bar" emblem.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/bucecap.html

Little steep on price though...
Old 11-30-2011, 10:52 AM
a_lopez1975
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Syracuse315
Of course AM has them. FYI, the emblem is called the "Tri-bar" emblem.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/bucecap.html

Little steep on price though...
GOOD LOOKING OUT!!! Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks, I kept typing "hub cap" on the search engine.
Old 11-30-2011, 11:36 AM
Lem-06
4th Gear Member

wolol hub caps.
glad you found what you need, even if they are expensive for what they are. Seems youve spent plenty so far why not alitle more
Old 11-30-2011, 11:59 AM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

How I imagine my stock rims will looked when painted black
This is how I imagine my hood will look with the Black Hood Scoop and Black Hood Pins (the appearance kit, not real hood pins though for now)

So what do ya'll think? and if anyone knows where I can get the stripe pony emblem, please let me know.
Thanks
Getting the black scoop is definitely the way to go, Ron! It's going to look great! (even if your best MS Paint rendition isn't the greatest;-) Should look awesome with the wheels painted black and the black background of the centercap.

As for the centercaps, that issue is all squared away and they will be sitting at my desk, ready when you are! Stay safe out there, brother! Take care!
Old 11-30-2011, 12:10 PM
a_lopez1975
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Lem-06
wolol hub caps.
glad you found what you need, even if they are expensive for what they are. Seems youve spent plenty so far why not alitle more
Well just ordered the Black Hood Scoop and 4 center caps today, So I'm done for a while. Don't temp me Lem, LOL LOL
Old 11-30-2011, 12:16 PM
a_lopez1975
4th Gear Member

Thanks Chris. Got the email confirmation so it's all set. So I figure once I get back, I will be taking alot of pics once all parts are installed and post in the forum. I couldn't have done it without the advice and opinions from the people in this forum. THANKS for setting me for success and the possiblity of having one of the baddest F$%K'in Mustangs in Europe ;0)
Old 11-30-2011, 12:34 PM
Syracuse315
2nd Gear Member

THANKS for setting me for success and the possiblity of having one of the baddest F$%K'in Mustangs in Europe ;0)
You'll get a kick outta this then:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O12pYO37RQY
Old 11-30-2011, 12:57 PM
a_lopez1975
4th Gear Member

That's going to be me on the Autobahn in April 2012. I know I won't have the fastest car, but I will definately have a few beemer, benz, and audi drivers looking at my rear end (No HOMO).....

Last edited by a_lopez1975; 11-30-2011 at 12:59 PM.
Old 12-01-2011, 04:40 PM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Thanks Chris. Got the email confirmation so it's all set. So I figure once I get back, I will be taking alot of pics once all parts are installed and post in the forum. I couldn't have done it without the advice and opinions from the people in this forum. THANKS for setting me for success and the possiblity of having one of the baddest F$%K'in Mustangs in Europe ;0)
My pleasure, Ron! Glad we could be a part of your build! Thanks for giving us the opportunity to do so! Very much appreciated!

^^^Without a doubt, one of my favorite Ford Commercials
This is my other favorite:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZzXHq7gKN8

Just because I would like to turn my backyard into a track like this. Oh and Steve McQueen is the man!

That's going to be me on the Autobahn in April 2012. I know I won't have the fastest car, but I will definately have a few beemer, benz, and audi drivers looking at my rear end (No HOMO).....
Just watch out for those ones with "M" logos or "AMG" logos, they might getcha

Quick Reply: Paint Winter Rims