AmericanMuscle.com Premier store carries over 1000 Mustang parts and accessories. Features the largest mustang wheel selection available and offers free mount and balance with tire purchases. Committed to expert customer support, great prices and fast, free shipping!

J&M panhard bars

Old 02-28-2012, 11:24 PM
HOTRODD77
2nd Gear Member

Default J&M panhard bars

Any idea when you guys will have these back in stock?!
Old 03-03-2012, 02:19 PM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by HOTRODD77
Any idea when you guys will have these back in stock?!
Sorry for the delay in getting to your question, lots of training this week put me a couple days behind. I checked and both the aluminum and steel J&M panhard bars are out of stock. lol. Sorry about that. Which one specifically were you interested in? Feel free to shoot me a PM and let me know!

Have a good one!
Old 03-07-2012, 07:42 PM
HOTRODD77
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMChrisYoung
Sorry for the delay in getting to your question, lots of training this week put me a couple days behind. I checked and both the aluminum and steel J&M panhard bars are out of stock. lol. Sorry about that. Which one specifically were you interested in? Feel free to shoot me a PM and let me know!

Have a good one!
No worries, man. I see they're back in stock now. Tell me something about the two though. What should be the determining factor when making a choice between the two? Steel vs aluminum-just weight difference? And the steel one looks to be a little easier to install given the placement of the threads. My car is just a street car. Any info would be appreciated!
Old 03-08-2012, 11:54 AM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

You're exactly correct. The aluminum will be lighter but will likely flex a tad bit more. The high-strength steel is definitely for a high HP, drag car. On the street, you should be just fine with the aluminum and its two threaded ends make it a simple install. The fact that it's cheaper than the steel, also makes it a better buy in my opinion. I'd go with the aluminum.

Hope this helps, Let me know if you have any other questions. Have a good one!
Old 03-17-2012, 01:53 AM
HOTRODD77
2nd Gear Member

Question

Originally Posted by AMChrisYoung
You're exactly correct. The aluminum will be lighter but will likely flex a tad bit more. The high-strength steel is definitely for a high HP, drag car. On the street, you should be just fine with the aluminum and its two threaded ends make it a simple install. The fact that it's cheaper than the steel, also makes it a better buy in my opinion. I'd go with the aluminum.

Hope this helps, Let me know if you have any other questions. Have a good one!
Cool deal. Plan on ordering when I get off tomorrow. Not really concerned about the $5 difference in price. Do the greasable bushing on the steel bar add any benefit? I noticed the aluminum one does not have this feature. Is that something that will make a difference? Thanks again!