AmericanMuscle.com Premier store carries over 1000 Mustang parts and accessories. Features the largest mustang wheel selection available and offers free mount and balance with tire purchases. Committed to expert customer support, great prices and fast, free shipping!

What new Mustang mods should we bring in?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 08:50 PM
Entaille
4th Gear Member

aside from the 'rear side splitters' I suggested, I'll throw another one out:

interior chrome delete kit. there are many chrome rings in the interior, and not everyone likes that look. on top of that, the chrome rings around the main gauges (Speedo/tach etc), can sometimes be reflective and a distraction. I am going to de-chrome every ring in my car, including the tiny ones on the ***** and such. be it paint or vinyl or some other way.. I will make it happen.

a product you've likely already considered, and don't carry for some reason: MGW shifters! I imagine it may be a production number issue with the way they produce theirs in batches, or maybe a vendor agreement, but most everyone seems to go that route, and wait multiple weeks, for theirs. I know you offer other shifters, but MGW seems to be very meticulous and it replaces everything. I've heard Barton (I know they already make one), is making a similar product soon but it seemed to be very similar to the MGW?
Old 01-24-2013, 10:48 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky
Any reason you prefer DSS over our current brand, The Axle Exchange? We've gone deep into the 10's this our current aluminum 1piece driveshafts with no problems. Our 2011 GT auto even cut a 1.49 60'!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGw4...C28007&index=9

Shane
DSS is a trusted name and a proven commodity in the industry. I don't know enough to speak of the axle exchange but DSS is a quality brand and plenty of people swear by them. Not too mention the opportunity to purchase carbon fiber driveshafts allow for less weight/more strength for pure enthusiasts. This is why I have suggested it. Kind of the same reason I have suggested Precision Industries Torque Converters. TCI may be good but they aren't of the same quality as PI Torque Converters.

Also, mentioning that the driveshaft you have available is associated with "the Axle Exchange" might be a good idea. People look and see no company affiliation on your site making them unable to research the product prior to purchase.

Last edited by bakerjd; 01-25-2013 at 10:12 AM.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:58 PM
ford4v429
3rd Gear Member

I wish someone made a 17x10 DD bullitt wheel(rear only).

I went to 18x10, dropped my 60 foot time by 1~2 tenths, but slowed the car 3 tenths in the quarter??? (best stock was 13.78 @ 103) the heavy wheels/tires were the only change, trap speed dropped from 102-103 down to 98-99, 14.0-14.1 best... put on just some magnaflow mufflers, got back to 102, but 14.0 still best et.

love the deeper look, hate the way the ride suffered by losing a half inch of sidewall, like the markedly improved traction, hate that it slowed the car... SURELY a 17x10 DD could clear the rear rotors, allow a lot more tire, not add such a weight/inertia penalty as the bigger circumference wheels, bigger bead rings in the tires... they hook better but are a drag...plus to my eye, the bigger sidewalls look immensely better, ride immensely better... please
Old 02-08-2013, 01:10 PM
jake1.11
1st Gear Member

How about a painted "California Special" front and rear facia??? You carry the unpainted copies, a painted version would be appreciated.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:25 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Entaille
aside from the 'rear side splitters' I suggested, I'll throw another one out:

interior chrome delete kit. there are many chrome rings in the interior, and not everyone likes that look. on top of that, the chrome rings around the main gauges (Speedo/tach etc), can sometimes be reflective and a distraction. I am going to de-chrome every ring in my car, including the tiny ones on the ***** and such. be it paint or vinyl or some other way.. I will make it happen.

a product you've likely already considered, and don't carry for some reason: MGW shifters! I imagine it may be a production number issue with the way they produce theirs in batches, or maybe a vendor agreement, but most everyone seems to go that route, and wait multiple weeks, for theirs. I know you offer other shifters, but MGW seems to be very meticulous and it replaces everything. I've heard Barton (I know they already make one), is making a similar product soon but it seemed to be very similar to the MGW?
I do like the black out interior idea. I think that could be very cool if we made a tight fitting vinyl. I'm just trying to think of how difficult it will to be to apply perfectly without any overlay.

MGW does make a nice shifter, however they do not sell to dealers. All MGW shifters are made and sold in house, there's no other way to purchase one. So this is unfortunately not an option for us. However, Barton makes a killer shifter as well. I honestly don't think we're losing out by not having MGW, because of Barton's ability to make an excellent product for a great price.

Shane

Originally Posted by bakerjd
DSS is a trusted name and a proven commodity in the industry. I don't know enough to speak of the axle exchange but DSS is a quality brand and plenty of people swear by them. Not too mention the opportunity to purchase carbon fiber driveshafts allow for less weight/more strength for pure enthusiasts. This is why I have suggested it. Kind of the same reason I have suggested Precision Industries Torque Converters. TCI may be good but they aren't of the same quality as PI Torque Converters.

Also, mentioning that the driveshaft you have available is associated with "the Axle Exchange" might be a good idea. People look and see no company affiliation on your site making them unable to research the product prior to purchase.
DSS does make a quality product, so I'll gladly include it on my list. Maybe the carbon fiber driveshaft will be what catches our Purchasers eyes to bring them into our inventory. Also, I agree about advertising The Axle Exchange on our site, I think it's important to give customers more confidence when making the purchase. Thanks for your feedback!

Shane

Originally Posted by ford4v429
I wish someone made a 17x10 DD bullitt wheel(rear only).

I went to 18x10, dropped my 60 foot time by 1~2 tenths, but slowed the car 3 tenths in the quarter??? (best stock was 13.78 @ 103) the heavy wheels/tires were the only change, trap speed dropped from 102-103 down to 98-99, 14.0-14.1 best... put on just some magnaflow mufflers, got back to 102, but 14.0 still best et.

love the deeper look, hate the way the ride suffered by losing a half inch of sidewall, like the markedly improved traction, hate that it slowed the car... SURELY a 17x10 DD could clear the rear rotors, allow a lot more tire, not add such a weight/inertia penalty as the bigger circumference wheels, bigger bead rings in the tires... they hook better but are a drag...plus to my eye, the bigger sidewalls look immensely better, ride immensely better... please
We do currently carry a 17x10 DD Bullitt wheels! Check out the site when you get a chance. They're available in Chrome, Gloss Black, and Silver!

Shane

Originally Posted by jake1.11
How about a painted "California Special" front and rear facia??? You carry the unpainted copies, a painted version would be appreciated.
jake1.11,

I haven't seen too many painted CS front fascia's around. That could be cool to have available with our Pre-Painted parts. Thanks for the suggestion!

Shane
Old 02-09-2013, 03:35 PM
ford4v429
3rd Gear Member

DOH!

THANKS Shane- I'd looked a while back(think I bought the 18s a little over a yr ago) and couldnt find any in the offset for the 05-up... I'll be ditching my 18s soon as possible
Tim

http://www.americanmuscle.com/17x10-...lver-2005.html

hmm...only issue, the only tire around 27" tall for a 17x10 is a drag radial?

Last edited by ford4v429; 02-10-2013 at 08:02 PM.
Old 02-09-2013, 04:37 PM
hurricaneduc
1st Gear Member

DSS does make a quality product, so I'll gladly include it on my list. Maybe the carbon fiber driveshaft will be what catches our Purchasers eyes to bring them into our inventory. Also, I agree about advertising The Axle Exchange on our site, I think it's important to give customers more confidence when making the purchase.
At least get one for the 11-12 V6! Its getting rather irritating seeing the Out of Stock label for the one from the Axle Exchange.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:52 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ford4v429
DOH!

THANKS Shane- I'd looked a while back(think I bought the 18s a little over a yr ago) and couldnt find any in the offset for the 05-up... I'll be ditching my 18s soon as possible
Tim

http://www.americanmuscle.com/17x10-...lver-2005.html

hmm...only issue, the only tire around 27" tall for a 17x10 is a drag radial?

As far as 27" tall, we only have the MT drag radial (28"), unfortunately. What are you currently running in the front? Most 17x9 tires range from 25.2" to 25.9", except for the 255/50/17's.

Shane

Originally Posted by hurricaneduc
At least get one for the 11-12 V6! Its getting rather irritating seeing the Out of Stock label for the one from the Axle Exchange.
hurricaneduc,

Hang tight! We're expecting multiple shipments on Monday the 18th and Monday the 25th!

Shane
Old 02-13-2013, 12:25 AM
darkshadow03gt
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky

Oh okay, sorry for missing that. I'm not as familiar with SSS as I am with Kooks, ARH, StainlessWorks, MAC, etc. Is there any reason the SSS systems are more desirable then the Kooks systems we have available? Just looking for more feedback. Thanks!

Shane
They are a quality product with a very decent price and have an awesome exhaust tone.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:10 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by darkshadow03gt
They are a quality product with a very decent price and have an awesome exhaust tone.
Sounds good! I'll note SSS down on my list for all Gen's. The more suggestions the better!

Shane

Quick Reply: What new Mustang mods should we bring in?