AmericanMuscle.com Premier store carries over 1000 Mustang parts and accessories. Features the largest mustang wheel selection available and offers free mount and balance with tire purchases. Committed to expert customer support, great prices and fast, free shipping!

S197's new shoes, any suggestion?

Old 06-20-2013, 01:38 PM
The Alien
1st Gear Member

About the springs:

I know that lowered springs and stock shocks are not a perfect match but for now I would like to try step by step starting with the springs?

which model can you suggest me? I don't go to the track, I think all you have in your store are progressive right? I only want to lower the car a little bit to have a better looking and remove the "fishing boat effect" when accelerating and braking.

I know Eibach and HR Brand because I was using them in Europe but I don't have any information about SR, Steeda and Ford Racing. Even I suppose they are anyway good brands, my meter now is only the price. But even buying the more expensive set doesn't mean that I could reach what I want, maybe they are perfect for track but too stiff for the normal driving...

It's easy to choose the SR (only one model) but I see different specification for the other brands, like K or P model for Steeda.

do you have any suggestion?

thank you in advance
Old 06-21-2013, 11:25 AM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

For 05-14 Mustangs we do only have progressive springs, which is a good thing! I wouldn't suggest anything else because of the suspension style of these model Mustangs.

Since you're looking to eliminate the wheel well gap, but still maintain ride comfort and keep cost to a minimum... I highly suggest the SR Performance springs. They'll lower the Mustang 1.5" front and back for a perfect ride height, too.

The SR springs are designed to provide a comfortable ride while maintaining longevity and performance. Of course, they can be used at the track and will easily out perform stock springs, but still aren't as aggressive as Eibach or Steeda. IMO, they're a happy medium for a nice daily driver that occasionally sees the track.

Hope this info helps! Let me know if you have other questions.

Shane
Old 06-21-2013, 03:47 PM
The Alien
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky
Since you're looking to eliminate the wheel well gap, but still maintain ride comfort and keep cost to a minimum... I highly suggest the SR Performance springs. They'll lower the Mustang 1.5" front and back for a perfect ride height, too.
Unfortunately I see on the note that "Does not fit convertible models."

I'm not sure why, maybe the different weight I guess.

Yesterday I was checking better on your website and among all lowering springs, for my GT Convertible , the choice is reduced to these models:

Eibach SportLine
Eibach Pro
H&R SuperSport
H&R Race (are not progressive springs)

and SR, Steeda and Ford Racing have for coupe only.

maybe do you have a specific model for Convertible that it's still not on your website?

Hope this info helps! Let me know if you have other questions.

Shane
As usual, thank you for your reply, Don't worry I'll bother you as much is possible

M.

Last edited by The Alien; 06-22-2013 at 10:59 PM.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:42 AM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Maurizio,

Sorry about that I forgot your Mustang was a vert! In that case, your best bet for comfort and functionality is the Eibach Pro springs. They'll do better than the Sportline's with the factory struts and shocks, since it's a slightly taller stance.

Shane
Old 06-26-2013, 04:19 PM
cariacou
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by The Alien
Unfortunately I see on the note that "Does not fit convertible models."

I'm not sure why, maybe the different weight I guess.

Yesterday I was checking better on your website and among all lowering springs, for my GT Convertible , the choice is reduced to these models:

Eibach SportLine
Eibach Pro
H&R SuperSport
H&R Race (are not progressive springs)

and SR, Steeda and Ford Racing have for coupe only.

maybe do you have a specific model for Convertible that it's still not on your website?

As usual, thank you for your reply, Don't worry I'll bother you as much is possible

M.
I have the pros on my 2011 vert, love them.
on regular roads, the car handles so much better than stock, I love it.
on bad roads, you notice that the car is slightly stiffer
if you hit a pothole or a very bad road you'll notice right away that your car is lowered. but that only happened once.

all in all, I love it. and if I can get a better handling going even lower, I think I would do it. worth it.

if you chose eibach pros, make sure to run tires stock diameters or taller. front is a very nice stance, but rear there's a noticeable gap that would be nice if your tire could fill it. stock is 27". I'd say 27.5"-28" is ideal on the rear with eibach pros. 27" is fine in front (even though I guess 27.5" would look better)

I installed my suspensions myself a couple week ends ago. first install I did.
a couple tips:
- buy the gt500 mounts. yes. mandatory. the oem v6/gt mounts are such a PITA to screw/unscrew, you wouldn't believe it. (furthermore they look very very cheap).
- do all at once. if you plan on doing struts & shocks, replace all at once, or you'll lose a lot of time. it's not swapping the new shocks/springs that takes time, it's the whole getting to the struts process.

(my car is a dd)
Old 06-27-2013, 04:40 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Thanks for the feedback cariacou! I'm sure this will help Maurizio with his decision. Nothing better than a honest customer experience!

Shane
Old 06-28-2013, 01:56 PM
The Alien
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by cariacou
on bad roads, you notice that the car is slightly stiffer
I'm lucky that here the roads I use to drive are in good condition and, unfortunately, too straight for my tastes. I wish more curves to enjoy the baby but it's ok .

if you chose eibach pros, make sure to run tires stock diameters or taller.
I'm more oriented with the non staggered size, in this way I can rotate them but I didn't decide yet; with a 25K miles per year, I should change tires every two years so, maybe the expense difference is well absorbed. Still thinking on that but thank you for the advice

I installed my suspensions myself a couple week ends ago.
I didn't check mine from the trunk but for what I read, the Vert has a rear shock strut bar to remove when replacing the rear shocks. Is it on the top of the shocks dome right? under the trunk carpet?
By the way, I should remove that only in case I'll do Springs and Shocks, for springs only I need only to unbolt the shock from the bottom, I guess (sorry for the stupid question, I don't have a lot of experience on Mustang suspensions (yet )

- buy the gt500 mounts. yes. mandatory. the oem v6/gt mounts are such a PITA to screw/unscrew, you wouldn't believe it. (furthermore they look very very cheap).
mmm a very recurrent advice...

do you know how much is the cost for the GT500 mounts? I think at Ford Parts they will peel me for those.
I saw the AM camber adjust plates but, sorry to seem thight-***, they cost as the shocks . for sure it's worth, I know my stock mount suck but I have to do little things at little step for now

(my car is a dd)
yep I know, I'll sound stupid but I don't know most of the abbreviations that you guys use to write... what is dd?

thx for your feedback
Old 08-26-2013, 12:09 PM
The Alien
1st Gear Member

Hi guys, here's me again.

I was a bit absent on the forum, I just moved and still unpacking so, time to write was not really easy to find these weeks.

anyway, I just ordered the new shoes for my baby and I can't way they will arrive!!

On the last post I said I decided for 18" gt500 style, after a whole month of thinking and thinking and thinking...

... and I guess it was not enough because after another month I ordered the 19" charcoal Boss Laguna Seca Style

I'm really excited and I can't wait to see how it could be with those on my ride!
Old 08-26-2013, 12:23 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Good choice on wheel style! Make sure to post up some pics for all of us to check out, once the new wheels are installed. I'm sure you'll love them!

Shane
Old 08-27-2013, 08:39 AM
test222
Banned

hahahahaha

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: S197's new shoes, any suggestion?