AmericanMuscle.com Premier store carries over 1000 Mustang parts and accessories. Features the largest mustang wheel selection available and offers free mount and balance with tire purchases. Committed to expert customer support, great prices and fast, free shipping!

Seriously? AM can't ship a tire/wheel set in two days?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 05:00 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Torch_Vert
Shane,

You guys are not in danger of losing me as a customer, but really when somebody calls to place a large order, and needs to know when it can ship, having the process to the point where a better answer than "probably sometime next week" (without even a solid date next week) can be provided would be beneficial both to the prospective customer, as well as to AM in landing sales.

If I'd even gotten something like "It's only 50/50 for shipping before the weekend, but definitely by Monday" I still would have chanced it, and placed the order. I generally like doing business with AM.
Torch_Vert,

I completely agree! The Mustang Expert you talked to should have reviewed the wheel/tire shipment policy with you and mentioned that it takes 2-3 business days. So, if ordered this morning, Monday would be the last day.

I'll definitely look into this farther and see who you spoke with. Then review the situation with them, so it can be handled more efficiently in the future.

Thanks for continuing to shop with AM and being a loyal customer. It means a lot of us. If there's anything else you need, please feel free to contact me!

Shane
Old 08-15-2013, 05:03 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by drunkyoda
well now you still can! go place the order!
It's already in place with another retailer that could firmly commit when it would go out the door, and even beat the AM pricing by a few bucks.

I know some of you guys obviously think I'm being a jerk, but I've been an AM customer since before they even were AM (under their original business name) and maybe I just missed the "go the extra mile" attitude I am used to from them.
Old 08-22-2013, 01:33 PM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

The reason why companies who do wheel and tire combos have a separate shipping policy is that they have to pull the stock from their warehouse, mount and balance, then repack everything. Mounting and balancing is probably more efficient then it has ever been, but it can still take a good tech at least 30-45 mins to do just the M&B. Tack on that AM has no solid idea going into a business day how many orders they will receive that day for wheel and tire combos.

I don't think you're being a jerk asking for more information regarding your wheel tire order, but it also goes without saying that your decision or inability to order so close to the car show really is your problem and not AM's. It never hurts to ask if you can get something in time for the show, but it sounds like they werent able to meet your request. It doesn't make you a bad guy...but it doesn't make them a bad company either does it?

Adding this...I don't think you said they were a bad company. You were only expressing your disappointment that they couldnt meet your timeline. Now, if you were Bill Gates rich you could'a just bought the company and then you would have gotten your wheel tire combo super fast I would bet.

Last edited by wcgman; 08-22-2013 at 01:39 PM.
Old 08-22-2013, 02:12 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by wcgman
The reason why companies who do wheel and tire combos have a separate shipping policy is that they have to pull the stock from their warehouse, mount and balance, then repack everything. Mounting and balancing is probably more efficient then it has ever been, but it can still take a good tech at least 30-45 mins to do just the M&B. Tack on that AM has no solid idea going into a business day how many orders they will receive that day for wheel and tire combos.

I don't think you're being a jerk asking for more information regarding your wheel tire order, but it also goes without saying that your decision or inability to order so close to the car show really is your problem and not AM's. It never hurts to ask if you can get something in time for the show, but it sounds like they werent able to meet your request. It doesn't make you a bad guy...but it doesn't make them a bad company either does it?

Adding this...I don't think you said they were a bad company. You were only expressing your disappointment that they couldnt meet your timeline. Now, if you were Bill Gates rich you could'a just bought the company and then you would have gotten your wheel tire combo super fast I would bet.
I don't honestly disagree with your remarks overall. Regardless of my time constraints though, a more precise response than "sometime" next week should have been available.
Old 08-22-2013, 02:48 PM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

I don't honestly disagree with your remarks overall. Regardless of my time constraints though, a more precise response than "sometime" next week should have been available.
Well, it's better than one vendor I recently had the pleasure of working with. They told me it would be between 6 and 8 weeks. I said that's fine, but it had better be flawless. Of course, it wasn't. They worked with me to fix the issue at their expense.

I feel your pain, but sometimes thats the way it goes in this business. In the old days, you remember ordering anything and it would take 3-4 weeks to ship and you'd check the mail hoping it got there? Heck...I remember a backpack as a kid that I bought. Took over 2 months to get it. 2 months as a little kid takes an eternity. At least it wasnt a little orphan annie secret decoder ring.
Old 08-22-2013, 03:06 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

It's already in place with another retailer that could firmly commit when it would go out the door, and even beat the AM pricing by a few bucks.

I know some of you guys obviously think I'm being a jerk, but I've been an AM customer since before they even were AM (under their original business name) and maybe I just missed the "go the extra mile" attitude I am used to from them.
I want to apologize for my late response! I've been out of the office since last Friday and I'm just getting caught up now.

I'm very sorry about the experience you had with one of our Mustang Experts. They definitely should have provided you a more accurate date, even when not being able to fulfill your request.

Let me know if you need assistance with any other orders. I'd be happy to help out anyways possible!

Shane