AmericanMuscle.com Premier store carries over 1000 Mustang parts and accessories. Features the largest mustang wheel selection available and offers free mount and balance with tire purchases. Committed to expert customer support, great prices and fast, free shipping!

Seriously? AM can't ship a tire/wheel set in two days?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 11:00 AM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Default Seriously? AM can't ship a tire/wheel set in two days?

First time I think I've ever been seriously disappointed in AM customer service.

I called this morning to place an order for 4 silver RTR wheels and 4 tires, all of which are in stock, and I mention that I really need them to be shipped out before the weekend as I require them for a show next week (I wasn't expecting same day shipping with mounting and balancing involved).

I'm told that by the sales guy, that there's no way that'll happen even with almost two full business days lead time, but he'll be more than happy to charge me extra for "expedited" shipping next week.

Just not the sort of "service" I've come to depend on from AM, although they must be going quite well financially if flushing a $2K+ order means that little to them
Old 08-15-2013, 11:57 AM
shad2009
5th Gear Member

I've been hearing alot of stories of people that arent going the lengths to help customers anymore. I hate seeing these stories because there are a number of great people there. I'm hoping one of the guys can chime in here and shed some light on this situation.
Old 08-15-2013, 12:11 PM
2007StangV6
2nd Gear Member

Took me a week and a half to get my wheel/tire combo. That's from when I placed the order to them at my doorstep. I didn't need them for a car show or anything like that, but I was still really eager to get them on my car. If I remember right, when I called them a week in, they said there were several steps in getting everything prepared for shipping and that it takes time.

I will say that I have already had to use the warranty for the wheels, and it was fantastic dealing with AM.
Old 08-15-2013, 02:41 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Not to be an **** (but take it how you will) didn't you know in advance when the show would be?

I would've thought you would've put an order in far enough in advance to take into account delays or unforeseen problems.

Not to mention their shipping policy doesn't state when something will ship, just how long it will take when it ships.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/shipping.html

As for the fee, Expedited means you get taken care of ahead of their backlog of other customers. Personally, that's a privilege, not a right. Just like those fast pass cards at amusement parks to get the front of the line. You want the privilege to cut in front, you gotta pay.

As I tell my kids, 'poor planning on your part does not constitute and emergency on my part.' (or in this case AM's part)

I'm sure AM will figure it out for you if they have the opportunity. Good luck.

P.S. The opinions and viewpoints expressed above do not reflect those of AM. They are my own personal views and opinions.
Old 08-15-2013, 02:46 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by shad2009
I've been hearing alot of stories of people that arent going the lengths to help customers anymore. I hate seeing these stories because there are a number of great people there. I'm hoping one of the guys can chime in here and shed some light on this situation.
I am certain there are people that are taking advantage of their level of customer service. Some of the whiney posts I've seen recently are just ridiculous and rather than handle it with some level of ethics (Like PM first), the customer instantly resorted to bitching about it on this site.

If I were the company, I might start holding more steadfast to policies rather than trying to always bend over backwards all the time for stuff that is not likely their (the company's) fault to begin with. That is not necessarily directed at this thread.

Besides, there are always three sides to a story, what person A says, what person B says, and what actually happened. Just my $0.02
Old 08-15-2013, 02:50 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Derf00
Not to be an **** (but take it how you will) didn't you know in advance when the show would be?

I would've thought you would've put an order in far enough in advance to take into account delays or unforeseen problems.

Not to mention their shipping policy doesn't state when something will ship, just how long it will take when it ships.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/shipping.html

As for the fee, Expedited means you get taken care of ahead of their backlog of other customers. Personally, that's a privilege, not a right. Just like those fast pass cards at amusement parks to get the front of the line. You want the privilege to cut in front, you gotta pay.

As I tell my kids, 'poor planning on your part does not constitute and emergency on my part.' (or in this case AM's part)

I'm sure AM will figure it out for you if they have the opportunity. Good luck.

P.S. The opinions and viewpoints expressed above do not reflect those of AM. They are my own personal views and opinions.
You can take it how you will. The actual planning on my part involved gathering up that much free cash over the past few weeks. The last client check I needed cleared this morning. I don't put stuff on cards these days.

And no, "expedited" in the sense the AM rep was using it meant "we get to it when we get to it, then you can pay a huge amount sometime next week for next day or second day shipping".

Since when is relating an unsatisfying interaction with a business "unethical"? They had their fair shot, I was displeased not just with their inability to do anything in what should be a very reasonable amount of time, but the almost DMV-like lack of any effort to try and figure something out to land the sale by their rep.

There are other retailers that can and do take care of business promptly, and that are more than happy to put a small amount of extra effort into a sale.

Last edited by Torch_Vert; 08-15-2013 at 02:58 PM.
Old 08-15-2013, 02:54 PM
BairdGT
2nd Gear Member

I gotta agree with derf why order in such a last minute scenario? Even if AM was to accomodate your last minute planning and expectations who isnt to say the postal service doesnt screw the destination up or it get misplaced?

much like most businesses its not amount you spend that gives you priority its when your order was placed they could be having a super busy week??
Old 08-15-2013, 02:55 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Torch_Vert
First time I think I've ever been seriously disappointed in AM customer service.

I called this morning to place an order for 4 silver RTR wheels and 4 tires, all of which are in stock, and I mention that I really need them to be shipped out before the weekend as I require them for a show next week (I wasn't expecting same day shipping with mounting and balancing involved).

I'm told that by the sales guy, that there's no way that'll happen even with almost two full business days lead time, but he'll be more than happy to charge me extra for "expedited" shipping next week.

Just not the sort of "service" I've come to depend on from AM, although they must be going quite well financially if flushing a $2K+ order means that little to them
Torch_Vert,

I certainly don't want you to feel we're shrugging off your order! We care about each and every individual customer, no matter what the cost of their order(s). The Mustang Expert you talked to was following our standard wheel/tire policy. All wheel/tire packages take 2-3 business days to ship. It's possible your order could ship by Friday, but he/she probably didn't want to risk the shipment ETA since you need them by a specific date.

The reason for the delay is because of all the other wheel/tire orders that are placed each day, which need to be balanced too. Once a package is purchased, it's put in a "line" to be mounted/balanced and shipped. Of course, some days are busier than other, so it's possible they'll ship faster than normal. But, we can't account on it that, especially when on a time crunch.

I do want to keep you as a customer and be in your good graces! Please let me know if there's anything else I can assist you with to help clear the air!

Shane
Old 08-15-2013, 03:15 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky
Torch_Vert,

I certainly don't want you to feel we're shrugging off your order! We care about each and every individual customer, no matter what the cost of their order(s). The Mustang Expert you talked to was following our standard wheel/tire policy. All wheel/tire packages take 2-3 business days to ship. It's possible your order could ship by Friday, but he/she probably didn't want to risk the shipment ETA since you need them by a specific date.

The reason for the delay is because of all the other wheel/tire orders that are placed each day, which need to be balanced too. Once a package is purchased, it's put in a "line" to be mounted/balanced and shipped. Of course, some days are busier than other, so it's possible they'll ship faster than normal. But, we can't account on it that, especially when on a time crunch.

I do want to keep you as a customer and be in your good graces! Please let me know if there's anything else I can assist you with to help clear the air!

Shane
Shane,

You guys are not in danger of losing me as a customer, but really when somebody calls to place a large order, and needs to know when it can ship, having the process to the point where a better answer than "probably sometime next week" (without even a solid date next week) can be provided would be beneficial both to the prospective customer, as well as to AM in landing sales.

If I'd even gotten something like "It's only 50/50 for shipping before the weekend, but definitely by Monday" I still would have chanced it, and placed the order. I generally like doing business with AM.
Old 08-15-2013, 03:41 PM
drunkyoda
2nd Gear Member

well now you still can! go place the order!

Quick Reply: Seriously? AM can't ship a tire/wheel set in two days?