AmericanMuscle.com Premier store carries over 1000 Mustang parts and accessories. Features the largest mustang wheel selection available and offers free mount and balance with tire purchases. Committed to expert customer support, great prices and fast, free shipping!

Raxiom Navigation w/ Bluetooth & Back-up Camera (10-14)

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2013, 04:07 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by wkayl
I received mine yesterday morning. Installed it last evening. It took me about 2 hrs without the backup camera as I have a factory camera. I could have done it quicker, but I just took my time. I bought a set of trim removal tools (plastic) from Harbor Freight to pull the center trim loose. To get the satin factory shift **** off, I use one of those rubber grabber things used to take off Mason jar lids, it is just a flat 6" piece of rubber. I velcroed the antenna up inside the dash above the AC vents. It gets signal parked in the garage.
Nice work man! Sounds like the install was pretty much a breeze, even when taking your time. Thanks for listing out a few tips for other members who may be performing their install shortly. Feedback like this is always helpful!

So what do you think of the overall interface? Notice any sound quality differences?

Shane
Old 12-14-2013, 08:05 AM
wkayl
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky
Nice work man! Sounds like the install was pretty much a breeze, even when taking your time. Thanks for listing out a few tips for other members who may be performing their install shortly. Feedback like this is always helpful!

So what do you think of the overall interface? Notice any sound quality differences?

Shane
Thanks. For a first time install, it went very well. Like anything, if I needed to do it again it would take about half the time to do. The navigation interface was intimidating at first, like anything new. It took about 30 min to get familiar with it and after driving the car a couple of times, it is now a breeze. I set the popups (or whatever you call them) in the lower right to (top to bottom) my speed, speed limit, and ETA. I keep getting this red speed limit popup in the lower left (I think it has something to do with the skinny right pedal ). Sound quality sounds the same to me. I have the Sync Pro. The sound controls are handy. I did mute my navigation lady. too much data from her for general driving. If in a strange city, she will come in handy though with all the notices she gives.
Old 12-16-2013, 02:28 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by wkayl
Thanks. For a first time install, it went very well. Like anything, if I needed to do it again it would take about half the time to do. The navigation interface was intimidating at first, like anything new. It took about 30 min to get familiar with it and after driving the car a couple of times, it is now a breeze. I set the popups (or whatever you call them) in the lower right to (top to bottom) my speed, speed limit, and ETA. I keep getting this red speed limit popup in the lower left (I think it has something to do with the skinny right pedal ). Sound quality sounds the same to me. I have the Sync Pro. The sound controls are handy. I did mute my navigation lady. too much data from her for general driving. If in a strange city, she will come in handy though with all the notices she gives.
wkayl,

I felt the same way. First glance it feels like a lot to take in, but after messing around with it you learn its format quickly. When I drove our 2014 GT, that flashing alert light never seemed to go away haha.

Glad to hear you're happy with the Raxiom Nav overall. It's a definitely a sweet setup. I just wish it would plug and play into my '04 Cobra...

Shane
Old 12-26-2013, 10:13 AM
drukkosz
1st Gear Member

I went to Naviextras.com to check for updates and tried to register. But the RAXIOM wasnt on the list. I did email them and thats what i just got back:

"We would like to inform you that Raxiom is not supported at naviextras.com"

Anybody tried to updated that unit??
thanks
Old 01-21-2014, 10:19 PM
Hatchet
1st Gear Member

Try Rosen instead. How do you update after that? By the usb cord or the pre stated SD card?
Old 01-22-2014, 12:16 PM
kawasakiguy
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMDanBailer
Yes, this is true. As of right now the Raxiom Navigation only works with Mustangs equipped with SYNC. We're going to work with the manufacture to possibly come out with an option for the Mustang owners without SYNC.

-Dan
I'm still really excited about this and I would love to get this for mine, is there any word on a system that will work without sync yet? Or maybe a way to add sync to someone that didn't realize it was such a vital add on to a mustang.
Old 01-22-2014, 02:19 PM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by kawasakiguy
I'm still really excited about this and I would love to get this for mine, is there any word on a system that will work without sync yet? Or maybe a way to add sync to someone that didn't realize it was such a vital add on to a mustang.
As of right now this Navigation system still doesn't work with cars that aren't equipped with Sync. We haven't heard of anybody without sync, adding it to make this work. However, that may be possible. We're just not sure of the process behind it!

If this becomes available for Mustangs that aren't equipped with SYNC, you guys will be the first to know!

-Dan
Old 01-24-2014, 04:44 PM
JWButler14
3rd Gear Member

It would be kind of hard to get someone to spend $700 for something that might or might not work.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using IB AutoGroup
Old 02-01-2014, 12:42 PM
mobilethomas

FYI...

It is also not compatible with Sync systems with the 6 disc cd changer. I have one of those so it will not work until they release something else... Verified with the rep on the phone.
Old 02-02-2014, 07:54 AM
wkayl
1st Gear Member

We had a really nice day here in
Colorado a week ago. I could work outside with the top down. I decided that even though I had a factory backup camera, I would install the one from Raxiom. Being a convertible, it took extra time to route the wiring through the back seat area. I pulled the pass side trim panel away far enough to (after several tries) to fish a coat hanger wire through and into the trunk. I couldn't believe the clarity of the new camera. I will use the Raxiom camera a lot more than the factory one.

The pictures below were taken this morning in low light conditions. They both are sharper than my phone camera picks up.

Factory.
Name:  IMG_20140202_064611_720_zpsrggsetkx.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  81.3 KB

Raxiom
Name:  IMG_20140202_064603_050_zpsoelltflx.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  32.5 KB

Quick Reply: Raxiom Navigation w/ Bluetooth & Back-up Camera (10-14)