AmericanMuscle.com Premier store carries over 1000 Mustang parts and accessories. Features the largest mustang wheel selection available and offers free mount and balance with tire purchases. Committed to expert customer support, great prices and fast, free shipping!

Gen 5 Taillights Already Sold Out?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2013, 10:39 AM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by kzonts
Yeah, I have a set of them and certainly like them. Obviously I don't have a clue regarding the fitment issues you mentioned. I'm not knocking AM. You guys rock!

Thanks!
Originally Posted by CubanoGT
I respect AM I'm not frustrated with u guys just raxiom... Actually would like to thank you guys for trying.. In regards about getting a 13 taillight for my 12 it ain't happening I am not paying a thousand dollars to have a product with a gap.
Thanks for being so understanding! You guys are awesome and make my job easy to say the least

I'll keep the pressure on Raxiom and maybe that will help with a product down the road. At the very least, they'll be aware of the demand.

Thanks again for the support!

Shane
Old 11-10-2013, 07:51 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Lem-06

would like to say thanks to Dan and AM for being such a great company and having such great looking products hitting the website for our cars.

Havnt been able to stop drooling over my set
Lem - this pic is making me get a chub Mine are on backorder and Im hoping I get a set soon before the CO wx takes a big $h!t and the Shelby is put away for a long winters nap.
Old 11-10-2013, 08:05 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by IndecisiveS197
I'm not sorry at all.
I always struggled a bit when ppl would comment on me blowing a grand or more on video cards or building a new PC every couple of years. Then I get into cars and again, ppl are like "if you wanted something that powerful why didn't you just buy xyz?" I guess it all boils down to passion about something.

Even now, with all of my gadgets and gizmos around the house I still cannot understand the fascination with phones! It eludes me. I know people have different definitions of what gaming is. To me, it's immersing myself in a PC game, a PS3 or 360 or .... then I hear people talk about "Candy Crush" and how it's sweeping the nation. I see it and think, this is not a game. This is something to pass the time when you're emptying your bowels.

I miss my cheap old Virgin mobile phone. I threw that thing across the room once, dropped it an unknown number of times including in deep snow, dog chewed on it and I think I had that little tank like 7 years. I finally gave into the ribbing about my ghetto phone and bought the Nexus (or I think thats what it is!) which was the cutting edge, just released phone at the time. I sure as HELL wasn't buyin an iPhone as I hate Apple! Apple is for the technically feeble minded. I havent had that phone 2 years and it is treated very gently. Got the fancy case and screen guard, replacement plan...I've dropped it twice. Its had weird reboot problems and other things. Frankly, it's expensive junk. Maybe I just hate phones because Im on call 24/7. Nah...I just don't get it.

So...when I get a little upset that I didn't get my taillights, I'm sure you understand. Just apply how you felt when you stood in line for some phone that I could care less about and it turns out that you didnt get the new phone with KitKat droid so you could take better pictures at night which you've been excited about since it was announced 6 months ago. I know I've been waiting for over a year for these taillights and when I saw them, I was like a kid on XMas morning showing my wife videos and asking "you want a pair for your car?" "do we know anyone who has a stang that might need some for XMas?" yeah... I get your phones about as much as you get my taillights.

As for blaming AM for it, well when you are the exclusive dealer of an item, you also have exclusive access to all of the complaints that will happen too. I understand the business aspect of how this worked out. Demand was far greater than supply. It happens. An unscrupulous company would jack the price up to 500 bucks or more, but I don't think AM would do that. They are a great company, have always been there for me as a customer and I have no complaints about them standing behind their product. Shane and Dan are here constantly addressing customers and being proactive. I don't see any other vendor here on the MF doing that. Imagine if every company were like AM! Heck I used to work at a place like that, then we were bought by the equivalent of the big box store in our business and now we are a pale shadow of what we used to be. It's very sad. I just hope that AM never changes. Like Costco, they have a great model that doesn't need messed with. One tiny little miscalculation is totally forgivable. It's not even a stubbed toe. It's more like someone farted in church and you lean over not knowing who did it and say "Man, someone needs to check their britches!"

Last edited by wcgman; 11-10-2013 at 08:12 AM.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:27 AM
AJ06GT
5th Gear Member

Hahahahaha, do you feel better now after that one?
Old 11-11-2013, 10:47 AM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by wcgman
I always struggled a bit when ppl would comment on me blowing a grand or more on video cards or building a new PC every couple of years. Then I get into cars and again, ppl are like "if you wanted something that powerful why didn't you just buy xyz?" I guess it all boils down to passion about something.

Even now, with all of my gadgets and gizmos around the house I still cannot understand the fascination with phones! It eludes me. I know people have different definitions of what gaming is. To me, it's immersing myself in a PC game, a PS3 or 360 or .... then I hear people talk about "Candy Crush" and how it's sweeping the nation. I see it and think, this is not a game. This is something to pass the time when you're emptying your bowels.

I miss my cheap old Virgin mobile phone. I threw that thing across the room once, dropped it an unknown number of times including in deep snow, dog chewed on it and I think I had that little tank like 7 years. I finally gave into the ribbing about my ghetto phone and bought the Nexus (or I think thats what it is!) which was the cutting edge, just released phone at the time. I sure as HELL wasn't buyin an iPhone as I hate Apple! Apple is for the technically feeble minded. I havent had that phone 2 years and it is treated very gently. Got the fancy case and screen guard, replacement plan...I've dropped it twice. Its had weird reboot problems and other things. Frankly, it's expensive junk. Maybe I just hate phones because Im on call 24/7. Nah...I just don't get it.

So...when I get a little upset that I didn't get my taillights, I'm sure you understand. Just apply how you felt when you stood in line for some phone that I could care less about and it turns out that you didnt get the new phone with KitKat droid so you could take better pictures at night which you've been excited about since it was announced 6 months ago. I know I've been waiting for over a year for these taillights and when I saw them, I was like a kid on XMas morning showing my wife videos and asking "you want a pair for your car?" "do we know anyone who has a stang that might need some for XMas?" yeah... I get your phones about as much as you get my taillights.

As for blaming AM for it, well when you are the exclusive dealer of an item, you also have exclusive access to all of the complaints that will happen too. I understand the business aspect of how this worked out. Demand was far greater than supply. It happens. An unscrupulous company would jack the price up to 500 bucks or more, but I don't think AM would do that. They are a great company, have always been there for me as a customer and I have no complaints about them standing behind their product. Shane and Dan are here constantly addressing customers and being proactive. I don't see any other vendor here on the MF doing that. Imagine if every company were like AM! Heck I used to work at a place like that, then we were bought by the equivalent of the big box store in our business and now we are a pale shadow of what we used to be. It's very sad. I just hope that AM never changes. Like Costco, they have a great model that doesn't need messed with. One tiny little miscalculation is totally forgivable. It's not even a stubbed toe. It's more like someone farted in church and you lean over not knowing who did it and say "Man, someone needs to check their britches!"
Well said! Fortunately, I can promise you we have no vision to change our customer service or products for the worse. Only to improve in the future by learning from our mistakes.

Thanks for your support and understanding!

Shane
Old 11-11-2013, 04:35 PM
Gary Ugarek
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky
We absolutely had no intentions of leaving anyone out. I can assure you that! We talked to Raxiom first about making these lights for the 10-12 crowd because of the requests. Raxiom came across quite a few complications during the R&D work and decided to cease the project, unfortunately. After that point, they picked up the idea of an 05-09 set and moved forward.

I do want to apologize. I understand how frustrating it is to not have a 10-12 set. I know even AMDanBailer wishes he had a set for his 2011 GT! The good news is things are always changing and it's not unlikely that Raxiom may find a way to produce these lights down the road!

Shane
Would that be COPYRIGHT ISSUES?
Old 11-11-2013, 05:12 PM
CubanoGT
2nd Gear Member

Is there any other company other than raxiom out there that can build these?
Old 11-16-2013, 08:31 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AJ06GT
Hahahahaha, do you feel better now after that one?
lol...no not really hahahaha.