AmericanMuscle.com Premier store carries over 1000 Mustang parts and accessories. Features the largest mustang wheel selection available and offers free mount and balance with tire purchases. Committed to expert customer support, great prices and fast, free shipping!

Gen 5 Taillights Already Sold Out?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 04:13 AM
Andrew Christian
2nd Gear Member

Default Gen 5 Taillights Already Sold Out?

Awake here at 4am CST on release and it says the Gen 5 taillights are already out of stock. Please tell me this is a terrible, horrible joke I'm seeing!
Old 11-04-2013, 06:55 AM
07BLACKGT
5th Gear Member

Nah man, wait 5 more minutes. They are going to make it live at 8am today, which will be 7am our time.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:14 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

I thought it was 9am when they opened which is 7am MST. Already sold out This sucks!! First time I've honestly been upset enough to call AM. Their reps are being told another 2-3 weeks before a shipment comes in. Looks like AM and Raxion hit one out of the park, but this is a snafu in terms of inventory. They should have anticipated the demand much better than they did. I feel a little like how Ralphy must have felt when he didn't get his Red Rider BB gun with the compass in the stock. Except nobody is hiding something behind the side table. lol

Last edited by wcgman; 11-04-2013 at 08:26 AM.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:32 AM
steev
2nd Gear Member

They've been taking lessons from Apple. Should've had us line up in our Mustangs at AMHQ...
Old 11-04-2013, 08:55 AM
07BLACKGT
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by wcgman
I thought it was 9am when they opened which is 7am MST. Already sold out This sucks!! First time I've honestly been upset enough to call AM. Their reps are being told another 2-3 weeks before a shipment comes in. Looks like AM and Raxion hit one out of the park, but this is a snafu in terms of inventory. They should have anticipated the demand much better than they did. I feel a little like how Ralphy must have felt when he didn't get his Red Rider BB gun with the compass in the stock. Except nobody is hiding something behind the side table. lol
Yeah what the **** is this ****. Did they say when they sold out?

I finished my order at 8:05 EST, but now people are saying they sold out before 4AM. WTF? They said they weren't going to make it live until 8am.
Old 11-04-2013, 09:01 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

The guy I talked to said they were sold out before they even got to work. Which means...their webmaster or content person published the links before the phones went live. Not exactly what I'd say was good customer service...I would not have done it. But then again, I dont run that company Its the first business practice thing I've seen AM do that I didnt agree with, so hopefully this is not a sign that their culture is changing.
Old 11-04-2013, 09:04 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

I dont think that AM hosts their own website. I think they farm it out to Yahoo. If that's the case (whether it's Yahoo or some other hosting provider) I would be on the phone asking why the site changes went live when they did unless I knew about it...then of course I'd tuck tail and maybe apologize or just keep my mouth shut. lol
Old 11-04-2013, 09:05 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

One good thing that has come out of this. I am now at 2300 posts with this one.
Old 11-04-2013, 09:28 AM
07BLACKGT
5th Gear Member

F**********CK...... but thank you for the information wcg.

So much failure.
Old 11-04-2013, 09:43 AM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Sorry about this guys! We knew these Raxiom Gen5 tail lights were going to do well, but they literally flew off the shelf. Luckily, we already have two more inventory deliveries scheduled for the 13th and 30th of this month!

I'd say in a worst case scenario, you're looking at 3-4 weeks. Although, if you submit for a back-order, there's a chance you'll receive a set right after the 13th. Don't worry though, after the 30th, we'll be consistently stocked up and have them readily available for everyone.

I do apologize for the inconvenience of these being sold out on the first day. It took us by surprise too!

Shane

Quick Reply: Gen 5 Taillights Already Sold Out?