AmericanMuscle.com Premier store carries over 1000 Mustang parts and accessories. Features the largest mustang wheel selection available and offers free mount and balance with tire purchases. Committed to expert customer support, great prices and fast, free shipping!

An AM complaint.

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 12:01 PM
R1nStang
2nd Gear Member

Default An AM complaint.

Last month I got my March issue of AM catalog and found on page 43 for the Pre-painted MMD classic louvers for $119.99. I call AM to place the order and was told the price was $189.99. I informed them about the $119 price in the catalog and was told that it was a typo and it would not be honored.
Well jump ahead a month and I get the April issue today. Low and behold exact same item/price still there. So I call again and speak to a rep. Place the order and am told it's $189.99. Again I mentioned the catalog cost showing $119.99. He tell me that its a typo and AM only allows him to honor the website price. My problem with this is
1. Why is it not corrected if its a known typo?
2. Why is it not honored for the first few that call and then a retraction/price correction email sent out?
AM cannot say they do not have email addresses. I get at least 4-5 emails a week from AM. Seems a price correction would be a simple thing to do.
I've ordered many parts from AM and I have lots of items I'd love to order from AM as i get money together. But if AM is not willing to honor or even correct their own parts catalogs then it seems they don't deserve my business.
I posted this up on AMs Facebook page and it has since been deleted by AM. Nice to know that AM would rather delete a customer issue rather than actually having customer service and explaining it.
I was not rude or anything in my post. Simply asking for an explanation from someone at AM that makes the decisions.
A response (rather that deleting the thread/post and ignoring the issue) would be appreciated
Mike
Old 03-19-2014, 01:10 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by R1nStang
Last month I got my March issue of AM catalog and found on page 43 for the Pre-painted MMD classic louvers for $119.99. I call AM to place the order and was told the price was $189.99. I informed them about the $119 price in the catalog and was told that it was a typo and it would not be honored.
Well jump ahead a month and I get the April issue today. Low and behold exact same item/price still there. So I call again and speak to a rep. Place the order and am told it's $189.99. Again I mentioned the catalog cost showing $119.99. He tell me that its a typo and AM only allows him to honor the website price. My problem with this is
1. Why is it not corrected if its a known typo?
2. Why is it not honored for the first few that call and then a retraction/price correction email sent out?
AM cannot say they do not have email addresses. I get at least 4-5 emails a week from AM. Seems a price correction would be a simple thing to do.
I've ordered many parts from AM and I have lots of items I'd love to order from AM as i get money together. But if AM is not willing to honor or even correct their own parts catalogs then it seems they don't deserve my business.
I posted this up on AMs Facebook page and it has since been deleted by AM. Nice to know that AM would rather delete a customer issue rather than actually having customer service and explaining it.
I was not rude or anything in my post. Simply asking for an explanation from someone at AM that makes the decisions.
A response (rather that deleting the thread/post and ignoring the issue) would be appreciated
Mike
Mike,

I apologize for any confusion this caused and the mistakes in the catalog! It sounds to me the price mistake in the catalog was either not reported to the right people (by fault of the Mustang Expert you spoke with on the phone) or it was simply forgotten to be correct when adjusting the format for the new catalog. I can promise you the mistake is not intentional by any means.

This will be corrected for the next catalog though. I've already reported the needed correction, so it will be taken care of. Thanks you for provided feedback!

Unfortunately, we're not able to honor such a significantly misprinted price. Usually we'll honor small typo's whenever possible, but this one is far too significant. I really hope you understand!

I'll check in with my Team to see why your FB post was deleted and not answered. That actually sounds kind of strange because I know we've delete with customer concerns or issues on FB lots of times in the past. I agree your post should have been answered.

If there's anything else I can do, please let me know!

Shane
Old 03-19-2014, 01:30 PM
R1nStang
2nd Gear Member

Shane

Thanks for getting back with me. The rep I spoke to this morning mentioned that AM orders the catalogs months in advance and thats why the error is still there. Which I can see getting catalogs printed maybe a few weeks in advance before mailing them out. My biggest issue with the problem was the unwillingness of AM to send out a retraction/price correction from the first time I called back in March..only to see the same issue happen again in April. When I called back in March the Rep I spoke to...I want to say Chris..but I'm not 100% positive, put me on hold and had to check with the big boss about the price honor. He said he was told he couldn't honor the catalog price. But could do a 6% discount. Which is the same if not less than the discount AM gives to members of this site.
I think ill just hold off and see if ya'll do anymore coupons of $25 off prepainted parts like you did last year.
All the team members I spoke to were professional and nice thruout the call. But it seems like theres a small lack of communication in the AM office when it comes to misprints or typo errors.

Mike
Old 03-19-2014, 02:41 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

I'm glad all of the AM employees you spoke to over the phone were kind and professional. That's exactly what we expect from them!

I'm still not sure if the typo was reported to the right people at the time. Even still, to send all of our customers an email about a single price typo for a single product in a catalog isn't the most practical from a business standpoint. Instead, we will be sure correct the typo for future catalogs.

Thank you again for the feedback and understanding!

Shane
Old 03-19-2014, 03:10 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Shane,

I normally vehemently defend AM when people squeak simply for the fact that most people squeak because they are whiners, impatient, or fail to read the fine print.

The only question I have is, does the catalogue explicitly state that AM is not responsible for typo's in pricing or description?

Thanks,
Old 03-19-2014, 04:23 PM
R1nStang
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky
I'm glad all of the AM employees you spoke to over the phone were kind and professional. That's exactly what we expect from them!

I'm still not sure if the typo was reported to the right people at the time. Even still, to send all of our customers an email about a single price typo for a single product in a catalog isn't the most practical from a business standpoint. Instead, we will be sure correct the typo for future catalogs.

Thank you again for the feedback and understanding!

Shane
Shane,
I understand its not the most practical but a simple email can stop a lot of problems in the long run. The rep I spoke to this morning did mention it wasn't the first typo he had heard of.
I did just get a call from Tony and I gotta say AM is and always will be up there in the customer service department. Long live American Muscle!

Originally Posted by Derf00
Shane,

I normally vehemently defend AM when people squeak simply for the fact that most people squeak because they are whiners, impatient, or fail to read the fine print.

The only question I have is, does the catalogue explicitly state that AM is not responsible for typo's in pricing or description?

Thanks,
I never raise a stink just to raise a stink. Normally I'm the quiet guy that just says okay and moves along. I only mentioned it this time because it was a recurring typo that needed to be brought to their attention..then when the FB post dissapeared I got rather annoyed
Old 03-19-2014, 04:51 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Derf00
Shane,

Thanks,
Yes it does state something along those lines in each catalog. The statement is located on the backside of the cover. Here's a quick phone picture of the statement from the March catalog on my desk. Hope this helps!

Shane

Shane,
I understand its not the most practical but a simple email can stop a lot of problems in the long run. The rep I spoke to this morning did mention it wasn't the first typo he had heard of.
I did just get a call from Tony and I gotta say AM is and always will be up there in the customer service department. Long live American Muscle!
Tony is a great guy! I'm glad he followed up with you on the subject. Also, thanks for understanding our intentions!

Shane
Old 03-20-2014, 04:32 AM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Wow so u wanted them to honor a price that they would likely loose money on. The threads that have been popping up complaining about AM's customer service has been mind boggling. Your complaint among the other threads are not needed. You claim to defend them at every corner but cry like a school girl when they wont honor a typo on pricing. 119 to 189 isn't that much. Posting on Facebook.... really..... you got annoyed b/c they deleted it.... Do you know how long it takes a business to prove to its customers that it actually cares for them. And that your post could ultimately lose some business especially on facebook. Would it hurt that much for you to think before you acted. Mustang Enthusiasts like yourself are the ones that I find to be ashamed of
Old 03-20-2014, 09:37 AM
R1nStang
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by outceltj
Wow so u wanted them to honor a price that they would likely loose money on. The threads that have been popping up complaining about AM's customer service has been mind boggling. Your complaint among the other threads are not needed. You claim to defend them at every corner but cry like a school girl when they wont honor a typo on pricing. 119 to 189 isn't that much. Posting on Facebook.... really..... you got annoyed b/c they deleted it.... Do you know how long it takes a business to prove to its customers that it actually cares for them. And that your post could ultimately lose some business especially on facebook. Would it hurt that much for you to think before you acted. Mustang Enthusiasts like yourself are the ones that I find to be ashamed of
someones got sand in their vagina. no i wasnt "crying like a school girl" because they wouldnt honor the price. I was okay about the price not being honored because it was such a huge difference. what I was addressing with my post was the fact that it was a recurring typo that they did not take care of or fix so that in the following catalogs people didnt see that price, get their hopes up and call only to be told it was a typo and wouldnt be honored. And yes I posted on FB. Big fvckin whoop. All they had to do on the FB post was respond with a simple explanation. And with them responding and acknowledging the typo on a social media site like that could get the word out about the mentioned typo and inform others that it would not be honored. I was not screaming and cussing and making a scene on FB. in fact I checked FB again last yesterday and the post did show back up and they did respond to it. I posted it at 9am and they responded at I think 2 or 3pm. I'm not sure why the post didnt show up on either my page or their page when I searched for it. in fact the only was I could see it was if i clicked on the notification saying that they responded to it. And yes as always the CS from AM was 100% amazing. He explained the typo on FB and mentioned why it could not be honored on the catalog. AM did exactly what I was hoping for when I posted my comment on their page. They seen the issue, they accepted the fact there was a mistake and they even explained about prices in the catalog not being honoroed because of printing errors etce tc and that they ONLINe prices are the ones they guarantee 100%. So no there was no negative publicity for AM because I posted. Everyone makes mistakes, companies, printing presses, customers...everyone does. In no way was I bashing them for not honoring it. I was giving my opinion on the fact that its a 2 month old typo that hadnt been correct or acknowledged. So get off your high horse and stop thinking your a "better mustang enthusiast" than I am just because I stated my opinion about something.
Old 03-20-2014, 10:14 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

someones got sand in their vagina. no i wasnt "crying like a school girl" because they wouldnt honor the price. I was okay about the price not being honored because it was such a huge difference. what I was addressing with my post was the fact that it was a recurring typo that they did not take care of or fix so that in the following catalogs people didnt see that price, get their hopes up and call only to be told it was a typo and wouldnt be honored. And yes I posted on FB. Big fvckin whoop. All they had to do on the FB post was respond with a simple explanation. And with them responding and acknowledging the typo on a social media site like that could get the word out about the mentioned typo and inform others that it would not be honored. I was not screaming and cussing and making a scene on FB. in fact I checked FB again last yesterday and the post did show back up and they did respond to it. I posted it at 9am and they responded at I think 2 or 3pm. I'm not sure why the post didnt show up on either my page or their page when I searched for it. in fact the only was I could see it was if i clicked on the notification saying that they responded to it. And yes as always the CS from AM was 100% amazing. He explained the typo on FB and mentioned why it could not be honored on the catalog. AM did exactly what I was hoping for when I posted my comment on their page. They seen the issue, they accepted the fact there was a mistake and they even explained about prices in the catalog not being honoroed because of printing errors etce tc and that they ONLINe prices are the ones they guarantee 100%. So no there was no negative publicity for AM because I posted. Everyone makes mistakes, companies, printing presses, customers...everyone does. In no way was I bashing them for not honoring it. I was giving my opinion on the fact that its a 2 month old typo that hadnt been correct or acknowledged. So get off your high horse and stop thinking your a "better mustang enthusiast" than I am just because I stated my opinion about something.
Your truly missing the point man.. But I guess I expected that since you claim to be just a thoughtful consumer and raising concern over a typo. But yet your title reads AN AM COMPLAINT. Maybe the title should have read Catalog Typo...

Last edited by outceltj; 03-20-2014 at 10:20 PM.

Quick Reply: An AM complaint.