AmericanMuscle.com Premier store carries over 1000 Mustang parts and accessories. Features the largest mustang wheel selection available and offers free mount and balance with tire purchases. Committed to expert customer support, great prices and fast, free shipping!

Wilwood Brake to Control Your Mustang!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 04:05 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Default Wilwood Brake to Control Your Mustang!

To truly have full control of your Mustang, you need to be able to stop on a dime. Wilwood Disc Brakes can give you full control with their Wilwood Big Brake Kits for all 1994-2014 Mustangs, GT, Cobra, Boss 302 or Shelby GT500!

The factory Mustang brakes are decent for getting you from point A to point B. If you're looking for anymore than that, you'll quickly find the factory brakes aren't going to cut it. Excessive heat build up, warping rotors, and mild clamping force are all things Wilwood has taken into consideration when producing their Big Brake Kits. So, when it comes time to race day, they're well equipped to outperform the competition!

Wilwood Big Brake Kits are available for all SN95, New Edge, and S197 Mustangs '94-'14!

Wilwood Superlite Front Brake Kit (05-14 All)

Wilwood Superlite Rear Brake Kit (05-14 All)

Wilwood Superlite Front Brake Kit (94-04 All)

Wilwood Superlite Rear Brake Kit (94-04 All)

Every Wilwood Disc Brake Kit utilizes a two-pieced light weight rotor. These rotors are also cross drilled and slotted to relieve heat and gases emitted from the brake pads. In return, the driver will have a consistent and stable braking no matter what the driving conditions. Where as factory rotors will become excessively hot and cause brake fade!

In addition to Wilwood's superior two-piece rotor design, their brake calibers have a much stronger clamping force than stock. This allows for shorter stopping distances and a more responsive brake pedal. Wilwood brake calibers are able to produce a stronger clamping force by their larger and or multiple caliber pistons. For Mustangs 05-14, kits include 6 piston front calibers and 4 piston rear calibers. Older generations benefit from 4 piston front calibers and single piston rear calibers.

To find additional features or specifications of Wilwood Disc Brake Kits, be sure to check them out at AmericanMuscle.com!

Last edited by AMWill; 03-27-2014 at 10:22 AM.
Old 03-26-2014, 05:55 PM
2007StangV6
2nd Gear Member

I do need to upgrade the stopping power of mine. Wouldn't mind having these all the way around my car. How much does everything weigh compared to stock? Do you need a certain size wheel in order to fit it?

Lastly, I don't suppose you could ship me a free set since i'm a loyal customer? Haha.
Old 03-27-2014, 10:38 AM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

That's a good question! I'll have to contact Wilwood for the exact weight measurements, as I don't have them readily available unfortunately. However, there is a wheel size requirement. All wheels have to be at least 17" tall to fit over the these brakes. Even some 17" wheels won't fit, depending on their offset, backspacing, and spoke design. We encourage all customers to test fit their wheels before bolting them down.

We're going to have to rain check for the free brakes haha!

Shane
Old 03-27-2014, 11:07 AM
2007StangV6
2nd Gear Member

Thanks Shane for the info. I already have 18's, so they shouldn't have a problem fitting.

Are you guys going to sell parts individually eventually? Like, if something happens, I don't want to have to buy the whole kit again, when I only need, say a rotor.

I'm guessing it's going to be raining for awhile. Haha!

Thanks again for the info!
Old 03-27-2014, 02:56 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Yes, you should fine with the 18's. Especially since they're GT500 wheels. These brakes should fill the wheels nicely too. No more big gaps between the rotors and the wheels!

I do believe we're going to start carrying the rotors individually down the road. I'm sure if you needed a new one from the kit, we could probably drop ship it from Wilwood directly. Or worst comes to worst, we'll give you a good contact at Wilwood to order whatever component you need. Either way, we won't leave any of our customers empty handed!

It rains a lot around here... haha!

Hit me up if you have any other questions buddy!

Shane