AmericanMuscle.com Premier store carries over 1000 Mustang parts and accessories. Features the largest mustang wheel selection available and offers free mount and balance with tire purchases. Committed to expert customer support, great prices and fast, free shipping!

Bama still have hybrid tune?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2015, 09:44 AM
jesse1125
2nd Gear Member

Default Bama still have hybrid tune?

I've PMed Alex and Dan and haven't got a reply.

I have a hybrid tune on my car that I like the most out of all the tunes.

Before I add mods that require an updated tune I'd like to know if Bama still does the hybrid tune?

Anyone know?
Old 01-23-2015, 10:53 AM
AMAlexLazarus
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by jesse1125
I've PMed Alex and Dan and haven't got a reply.

I have a hybrid tune on my car that I like the most out of all the tunes.

Before I add mods that require an updated tune I'd like to know if Bama still does the hybrid tune?

Anyone know?
Hey Jesse - I'm sorry about the delay! I'm not entirely sure what happened with my inbox/PM's.

At this time Bama is no longer offering the Hybrid tune as they essentially took all the best aspects from the Hybrid and had them incorporated into their new tunes. If you're going to have anything new installed on the car make sure to let them know and they can get you a new batch of tunes!

Sorry about the delay and inconvenience again!

Alex
Old 01-23-2015, 03:24 PM
jesse1125
2nd Gear Member

So which tune mixes the street and performance tune like the hybrid tune did?
Old 01-26-2015, 09:45 AM
AMAlexLazarus
Former Sponsor

So which tune mixes the street and performance tune like the hybrid tune did?
Hey Jesse - Sorry about that but the Race tune is going to be where it's at if you're looking for the drivabiltiy and performance of the Hybrid - It has the best aspects from the low end off the street tune and everything that makes you smile and pins you back in the seat from the Race tune!

Let me know if you're to have any other questions at all and I'm here to help!
Old 02-07-2015, 10:51 AM
jesse1125
2nd Gear Member

Update:

I ordered a 91 octane race tune from Bama as part of my free tunes for life. I've been using it for a couple weeks now and I like the new race tune more then the Hybrid tune I had.

The old 91 race tune I had lacked in low end acceleration but the new race tune gives me all I need and works great as my daily driving tune.

I asked for my speedometer to be set to my new size rear tires with the tune. That's what great about tunes for life, it can be updated to match your mods.

Great job Bama!
Old 02-07-2015, 12:42 PM
OlPal
2nd Gear Member

Update:

I ordered a 91 octane race tune from Bama as part of my free tunes for life. I've been using it for a couple weeks now and I like the new race tune more then the Hybrid tune I had.

The old 91 race tune I had lacked in low end acceleration but the new race tune gives me all I need and works great as my daily driving tune.

I asked for my speedometer to be set to my new size rear tires with the tune. That's what great about tunes for life, it can be updated to match your mods.

Great job Bama!

That's what's nice about the guys @ AM they go out of their way to make their customers Happy !!
They gave me excellent Help when I had a problem with my Saleen Wheel problem!

Jesse would you care to share your overall thoughts on the 'Bama tune & also how it's affected your MPG's ! Thanks
Old 02-08-2015, 10:40 AM
jesse1125
2nd Gear Member

I've had a Bama tune now for over a year and it's the best mod you can add to your car. It really wakes up your sleeping engine that Ford gives you. It lets your engine run the way it was meant to without the restrictions that the government makes Ford do to meet EPA and emissions.

As far as MPG goes every different tune I've loaded has given me better gas mileage then what I got from the factory. Whether the tune was 87 or 91 octane.

I usually average 25 MPG on my combined highway and city. It takes a few tank fulls for my MPG to level out so after 2 weeks and only a little over 100 miles (I only drive in nice weather) I'm at 23 MPG. I'm also "testing" out my tune and every time I "test" it, that will effect my MPG.

Don't be intimidated that it's called a Race tune. It's a very good tune to use as a DD. The shifts on my auto are smooth and timed at the right time and the acceleration is great if you want to get moving on the highway or get going at a stop light.

I'm having lot of fun with it.
Old 02-09-2015, 10:44 AM
AMAlexLazarus
Former Sponsor

Update:

Great job Bama!

Hey jesse1125 - Thanks for taking the time to have this posted up! I'm really happy to hear that you're enjoying Bama's new tunes more so than the Hybrid but I think I knew you were going to say this!

Keep me in the loop if there's anything else I can lend a hand with and enjoy!

Originally Posted by OlPal

That's what's nice about the guys @ AM they go out of their way to make their customers Happy !!
They gave me excellent Help when I had a problem with my Saleen Wheel problem!

Jesse would you care to share your overall thoughts on the 'Bama tune & also how it's affected your MPG's ! Thanks
Hey OlPal - We pride ourselves on our customer service! I'm sorry to hear that you had some issues with our Saleens but if there's ever anything I can lend a hand with be it a product question or a comment about an order don't hesitate to shoot me a PM, I'm always around to help out!

If anyone has any other questions please don't hesitate to post them up!

Thanks again Jesse!

Alex