Notices
Appearance Modifications Any questions or comments about improvements intended to make your car look better can go here!

Having trouble installing my Cervini ducktail spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 01:51 PM
GregSchroder

Default Having trouble installing my Cervini ducktail spoiler

Hey all. I've got an '08 convertible and purchased a Cervini ducktail spoiler. It doesn't fit flush. There are gaps of maybe 1/2 inch in whichever side (front or back) isn't being held flush to the decklid. The two side pieces also have gaps.

The local Ford dealership has tried to install it with the supplied double-stick tape but says that no matter what they try, the gaps are so big that when they put the required pressure on the side with the gap, the other side pops up. They say there's no way they can get the entire spoiler piece to fit flush at the same time. They swear they've followed Cervini's instructions to the letter, but it will not install properly. And they also say the spoiler is not warped (which was my first thought) - that it is the shape it was when it came out of the mold.

But the Cervini people say that the double-stick tape will hold it down, and the spoiler will "mold" to shape of the body. They say they've had no complaints on this spoiler.

So I'm stuck.

Have any of you had experience with this product? And, I want to get a second opinion from another body shop. I'm in Houston, down by NASA. Does anyone here have any recommendations for a good body shop in the area?

Thanks.