Arizona Regional Chapter Chapter President: PHX8839

New from Laveen

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2013, 07:20 PM
AZ01GT

Default New from Laveen

Hey guys, I picked up a 2001 mineral gray GT auto last December after getting it, it needed a little TLC specifically fluids and filters.

I'm getting ready to replace a lot of the front end bushings (the prothane ones from AM) and shocks KYB GR2's (PN #235060) and struts KYB just-a-gas (PN #KG4521) in the rear (ordering these from rock auto because they are $188 shipped instead of $240 from AM)

I'm also debating about the rear, I want to either replace the stock control arm bushings with polyurethane ones and box in the stock arms or go ahead and upgrade them just can't decide between the J&M, BBK or even the SR performance ones. If you have an opinion please chime in. 3.73's and 315's to finish out the rear.

Performance wise not much is planned, I already have a CAI. will probably do exhaust and tune and be done with it. Engine has 175k and I don't feel comfortable doing any power adders and I don't like the Idea of underdrive pulleys.

I need to be faster than my brother and his 91 5.0 Fox.
Old 09-20-2013, 09:58 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

welcome to the forums! Chk out the 4.6 section of MF.
Old 09-21-2013, 10:59 AM
AZ01GT

I just found out that AM will price match according to a sticky in their forum section. SO it looks like I'll be ordering everything from them.
Old 09-21-2013, 12:06 PM
AZ01GT

Man I don't know what I was thinking when I wrote that first post, I was totally putting the gas-a-just as the shock (not quad shock) and completely forgetting the actual shock.

SO GR2's front and rear with gas-a-just quad shocks:
Rock auto price shipped: $261.25
American Muscle: $315.94

However AM will price match according to the sticky in their forum section and since i'm going to be ordering all the Bushings from them it just makes since to get it all at the same time from the same company so I don't have to wait on two separate boxes.

total with the Prothane total bushing kit and sway bar bushings should be $456.23 of course i'm still debating about those rear control arms.