Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Kenwood Head Unit...Yes or No?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 01:44 PM
skylark494
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Kenwood Head Unit...Yes or No?

Hide away a couple of piezo sirens inside yourcar. I put three in mine, and if your inside and it goes off it is really, reallyuncomfortable. Maybe add a fuel pump kill relay, you never cango too overkill.An alarm is only as good as the install. Oh and you are right, an alarm is a "theft deterent" devise, not a "theft prevention" devise.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:55 PM
seight311
5th Gear Member

Piezo's are also a good idea, I also have three in my car. It's not defening, but it's loud and you can feel your ears popping. Make sure they have a clear shot, but also that they are hidden. Vents are a good place to hide them.

Code Alarm you can add the "phone" thing im not sure of the actual name of it, but you can use your phone to check status, panic, unlock/lock doors, remote start when your pager is out of range, you can use a phone anywhere in the world and a satellite tells your car what you want it to do. Dont quote me but I think you can set it up so that it calls you automatically when a the system fully goes off, not so much when a person may just begin to tamper with it but once it goes off it makes the call to the number you setup on your account...
Old 07-19-2007, 12:57 AM
laserred38
5th Gear Member

Where can I get this "wonder alarm"?? I must have!
Old 07-19-2007, 08:38 AM
seight311
5th Gear Member

Code Alarm you can add the "phone" thing im not sure of the actual name of it, but you can use your phone to check status, panic, unlock/lock doors, remote start when your pager is out of range, you can use a phone anywhere in the world and a satellite tells your car what you want it to do. Dont quote me but I think you can set it up so that it calls you automatically when a the system fully goes off, not so much when a person may just begin to tamper with it but once it goes off it makes the call to the number you setup on your account...
Like I said im not 100% positive that the feature actually calls you when the alarm is fully tripped. But, its definatly worth checking with Code to see if it does do that. And you need a $400 alarm to the add this feature to, then any additional features you want like the piezos, prox, glass sensor etc. Each of those runs about $60 for the part and install. All in all you up to roughly a $800+ alarm. But if you care alot about your car and really hate dealing with insurances claims and all that BS, this is the way to go.
Old 08-05-2007, 11:47 PM
stanngg
2nd Gear Member

Wow...That Kenwood head unit looks sweet. I have it narrowed down to Eclipse and Kenwood. Leaning torwards the Eclipse AVN6610. Does your Kenwood have the "real time traffic" option?
Old 08-06-2007, 07:20 PM
azstanglover
2nd Gear Member

The Kenwood is a hard drive based navigation system so theoretically it should be faster at recalculating courses if you missed a turn or change your destination. But you can't burn music to it like you can the other hard drive based systems. I also don't know how large the hard drive is that is in it. It also has full video Ipod integration if you have a video ipod. I think that the Kenwood is the only system that has that feature right now. And it's supposed to be full speed as well.

Though I'm not sure how fast the eclipse unit is at doing route calculations. It could be just as fast.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:07 PM
hwalker091
1st Gear Member

i have the kenwood ddx6019 and it has really improved my sound quality. i didnt get the navigation but now i wish i did. also i wish the display was more customizeable... with mine all you can do is choose between "leather", black, "wall" (which is just blue) , stripes...and i dont know what else. and it dosnt even take up the whole screen, its a little off center rectangle and looks really crappy. but thats all. a link to the pics are in my sig