Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

You dont need to email me, post it here. It'll be crazy, maybe you'll post before Hisss

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 01:00 AM
seight311
5th Gear Member

Default You dont need to email me, post it here. It'll be crazy, maybe you'll post before Hisss

hot wheels from Mustang Forums <egb34me@yahoo.com> wrote:
[blockquote]
the only reason i posted was because i know how the kicker performs. not for bitching about/at hiss. any nationally known brand that comes to question you guys put down for the sake of some virtully unknown brand. if people can afford to have a name tag in their trunk and are not looking at bottom rock prices leave them and their choices alone and quit pushing your crap on people. thanks again, hotwheels, with, god dare i say, kicker and jl audio in my vehicles?.

RE:

You cant say I push any brand more than you do. The only posts I ever see you make in the A/V section are right after Hisss says something, never any other time. Thats why I said that. No we dont put down any nationally known brand just for no reason. There are plenty of nationally known brands we talk about all the time. They are just far beyond 95% of the people in the A/V forum including you. McIntosh, Focal, Brax, Audison, Morel if you have heard of any of those it's from the MF A/V forum. Those are all national brands. They are just so pricey that no Best Buy or little local shop could sell because they cant make any money when they would only sell 20 amps a year. Alot of people can afford to be suckers, I mean afford big name stuff, your right. And I salute you for that if it wasn't for you buying and putting equipment like that in your car, mine wouldn't look and sound so good now would it. And finally it's not mine as far as me owning or being employeed by any car audio manufacturer or retailer, and it's not crap, just because you have never owned any of it let alone heard it doesn't give you the right to knock it. Now Hisss, PReal, ttocs and myself have heard, used and owned many different pieces of equipment and can actually compare it to something outside of Alpine, Kicker, JL and RF crap thats in every corner audio store in the country.
[/blockquote]
Old 08-01-2007, 01:40 PM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

Default RE: You dont need to email me, post it here. It'll be crazy, maybe you'll post before Hisss

what the F did I miss?
Old 08-01-2007, 02:12 PM
Hisss04Cobra
says hiththth

Default RE: You dont need to email me, post it here. It'll be crazy, maybe you'll post before Hisss

Now Hisss, PReal, ttocs and myself have heard, used and owned many different pieces of equipment and can actually compare it to something outside of Alpine, Kicker, JL and RF crap thats in every corner audio store in the country.

[sm=smiley20.gif][sm=smiley20.gif][sm=smiley20.gif]
Old 08-01-2007, 02:41 PM
PReal
5th Gear Member

Add JButlerJr to the list as well. We had a discussion in another one of the topics, and he is another one of the few. I jsut assumed he was another ignorant kid, didn;t expalin myself, and then came out looking like a idiot. he actually has run McIntosh amps in his own vehicle, along with a number of other very nice pieces of equipment.

Ttocs, you didn't miss anything. Its the just the same old crap where someone posts that their best buy or JL equipment is the best out there, and if someone disagrees they get thier panties in a bunch. I try to stay away from the "your stuff is garbage" comments, but there are a number of members with little to no experience in ar audio making recommendations and it really hurts trying to help people. I will state that JL makes some nice equipment and that back in the day stillwater designs kicked some butt, but I will never recommend those brands for the money. The fact we don't tell everyone to buy JL, Kicker, RF, etc. really hurts some people's feelings.

titleAndStar(40,0,0,false,",")
Old 08-01-2007, 02:52 PM
seight311
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ttocs

what the F did I miss?
You didn't mean to miss this, it was just an email sent to me that I thought I would share. I have no reason to say anything through email I wouldn't say on here, so I thought I would share.
Old 08-01-2007, 05:02 PM
hot wheels
4th Gear Member

LOL! need your buddies to help gang up? whatever. still say ya'll push junk. but hey, that's why we live in America, to each there own.
Old 08-01-2007, 06:15 PM
Hisss04Cobra
says hiththth

ORIGINAL: hot wheels

LOL! need your buddies to help gang up? whatever. still say ya'll push junk. but hey, that's why we live in America, to each there own.
Please state your reasoning behind this statement.

Just because a brand cost more money than another doesn't mean it is better.

But I guess you can't get this point across to someone who is unwilling to research for themselves.

But go ahead and hang off the nuts of JL and Kicker.

I'm sure you will get far in life with this type of thinking.
Old 08-01-2007, 07:56 PM
PReal
5th Gear Member

Why do you refer to the brands werecommend as junk?

I have never referred to JL as junk, it is just overpriced.

Kicker just sounds like garbage, but it is solid equipment for the most part.

Memphis makes a descent product, but I've never heard one of thier comps I was in love with.
Old 08-01-2007, 08:56 PM
canefan87

I will totally agree that JL is overpriced but it's a solid product as for as amplifiers go. I've only used 4 different sub amps before, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, Autotek(mean machine), and JL. Out of the 4, JL had to be the most solid product. I have gone with JL Amps for a while now. Of course this is my opinion. Most of the younger generation(including myself) only know of the "Best Buy" brands. I started learning more about different brands from car shows and competitions. Just thought I throw in my 2 cents
Old 08-01-2007, 09:20 PM
7earitup
2nd Gear Member

How old are you - 13? Stop lolly gagging around on the forums and sending emails to people you don't know over a brand of audio equipment. If you don't like something or you think these other brands are indeed "junk", then how about you put some reasoning behind it? And if you haven't heard it then you really have no right to comment on it. It may just be me, but I'd prefer to see people like you simply not participate in conversations that require the functioning of your brain, because that is obviously a problem for you.

Seight, Preal, TTocs, and Hiss all have helped me setup some stuff and I see them give out excellent recommendations to people everyday.

Quick Reply: You dont need to email me, post it here. It'll be crazy, maybe you'll post before Hisss