Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Screw these 12's, who makes the best quality 15's

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 04:44 PM
seight311
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Screw these 12's, who makes the best quality 15's

That may confuse some people in saying the the present RE is Fi...

Fi is what RE used to be maybe?
Old 09-29-2007, 05:26 PM
SVTJohn
3rd Gear Member

I wouldn't recommend getting 15's. Unless you can afford a $400 ampthat can power them. Not to mention you need a HU.(it's not a must, but you would be an idiot to get sub and not a HU.) Also i would redommend uprgrading your speakers. Mainly beacuse 15's don't sound as good or clear as 12's and 10's. If i were you go with 12's, unless you can get all the extra stuff, so that not only your system is loud, but it sounds good. If you get one 12, a nice amp, and HU, you would have one badss system. If you plan on getting two 12's or two 15's plan on getting a really expensive amp that can power them. If you get some cheap amp that has the exact amount of watt that can power your sub, it would be pointless. Because the power from the sub would be split in the two subs, so it would be like you have one.(do you get what i'm saying) If you have more questions pm me) Make sure you do alot of research. As far as brands go,Kicker, JL, MTX,........are good brands for rap. Clarion is good for techno. Hoped i helped you

edit: make sure if you buy a used system, (lik i did off craigslist) that its no more than two years old. (Youknow how much technology increases in one year)Also that it is the real deal. Some people put MTX badges on their crappy 15"s. They don't mention if they are real or not. So someone might think they are getting a really good deal, but really they are getting a piece of sh*t.
Old 09-29-2007, 05:35 PM
stangant
5th Gear Member

i have a box built for a 15 that fits into the trunk easily. i dont use it and im planing on selling it.
Old 09-29-2007, 07:21 PM
Hisss04Cobra
says hiththth

ORIGINAL: SVTJohn

I wouldn't recommend getting 15's. Unless you can afford a $400 ampthat can power them. Not to mention you need a HU.(it's not a must, but you would be an idiot to get sub and not a HU.) Also i would redommend uprgrading your speakers. Mainly beacuse 15's don't sound as good or clear as 12's and 10's. If i were you go with 12's, unless you can get all the extra stuff, so that not only your system is loud, but it sounds good. If you get one 12, a nice amp, and HU, you would have one badss system. If you plan on getting two 12's or two 15's plan on getting a really expensive amp that can power them. If you get some cheap amp that has the exact amount of watt that can power your sub, it would be pointless. Because the power from the sub would be split in the two subs, so it would be like you have one.(do you get what i'm saying) If you have more questions pm me) Make sure you do alot of research. As far as brands go,Kicker, JL, MTX,........are good brands for rap. Clarion is good for techno. Hoped i helped you

edit: make sure if you buy a used system, (lik i did off craigslist) that its no more than two years old. (Youknow how much technology increases in one year)Also that it is the real deal. Some people put MTX badges on their crappy 15"s. They don't mention if they are real or not. So someone might think they are getting a really good deal, but really they are getting a piece of sh*t.
You're an idiot.

An overall ignorant douche.

Don't give out horrible information.

I wish there was a way to negative reputation you.

I would give you -10,000 in the audio forum.
Old 09-29-2007, 07:32 PM
jakeachy
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: wozz

15's will give you slower response thus you will loose some of the punch
in milliseconds, come on. thats not practical and not even considered.
Old 09-29-2007, 08:20 PM
PReal
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: seight311

Thanks for the clarification. Fi represents the type of company RE used to be and also has all of RE's former engineering staff.....

Don't be silly Jake, I can hear the .0002 millisectonds differnece in my 8's verses my 12......... If you can't it just means your brain is working a little slow.........

These people never cease to amuse me. Hopefully they will educate themselves and start giving good information.
Old 09-29-2007, 08:28 PM
jakeachy
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PReal

ORIGINAL: seight311

Don't be silly Jake, I can hear the .0002 millisectonds differnece in my 8's verses my 12......... If you can't it just means your brain is working a little slow.........
hope you are kidding.
Old 09-29-2007, 08:36 PM
SVTJohn
3rd Gear Member

repost???[&:] edited
Old 09-29-2007, 08:38 PM
jakeachy
3rd Gear Member

Old 09-29-2007, 08:39 PM
SVTJohn
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Hisss04Cobra

ORIGINAL: SVTJohn

You're an idiot.

An overall ignorant douche.

Don't give out horrible information.

I wish there was a way to negative reputation you.

I would give you -10,000 in the audio forum.
your the dumbass....Let me guess you go to a car audio shop. They put in a $2000 system....You pay the bills...Now you have a badass system and you don't even know anything about it besides turning up the bass and bragging about it. Just b/c i didn't use some technical mumbo jumbo lingo doesn't mean my info is wrong. Some people can't afford to do what i just said. Guess what they have to do some mysterious thing called reseaching. And maybe if they wanted to save money they could get a used one. Let me guess again if you had an expensive used system that you wanted to upgrade, i guess you would throw it a way b/c buying a used one is retarded right????

Quick Reply: Screw these 12's, who makes the best quality 15's