Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

2014 Convertible Non Shaker Audio Build

Old 07-18-2017, 05:36 PM
deltafool117
1st Gear Member

Default 2014 Convertible Non Shaker Audio Build

So I'm working with an audio shop and I pretty much asked for a setup that I could blast good quality sound with my top down. I'm not really into thumping bass either so a sub is something I'm not interested in and replacing the factory headunit means ALOT more money.

So I figured I could get by with just a good amplifier and replacement speakers.

They suggested the

JL: MX-500/4 x1
JL: C2-570 x2

The audio shop does power sports as well (boats, atvs, etc) and he was saying that while the MX does cost a little more because of its ruggedness (its meant for power sports), it is also a better amplifier in terms of sound quality and size (smaller). These guys get a ton of good yelp reviews for how helpful they are so I don't want to believe he is upselling me snake oil quite yet.

******Now, I've started reading about keeping factory head units...and some people are saying that you need a sound process equalizer or something because the sound comes out of head units all funky and won't be quite right going into an amplifier. Is there any truth to this for stock mustang head units? *******

I cannot afford replacing the headunit at this time, the basic build is already hitting the top of my budget.

Last edited by deltafool117; 07-18-2017 at 08:40 PM.
Old 07-18-2017, 05:40 PM
deltafool117
1st Gear Member

MX
http://www.jlaudio.com/mx500-4-car-a...plifiers-98408

C2
http://www.jlaudio.com/c2-570x-car-a...-systems-99614

I've read that the C3s are not worth the increased price and its not worth going past the C2s unless you go for the C5s.

I had an 06 shaker 1000 system and I was pretty happy with that. Obviously that had alot more bass but I'm ok with less bass...and If I'm not I can add it when my budget recovers.

Search this Thread