Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.
Old 10-23-2015, 05:23 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Ford Mustang Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

Shaker 500 Door Subs Replaced (Walk Through)

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 02:38 PM
JT1652
1st Gear Member

That looks great. Would you happen to know of any subs that will fit in the door without a spacer that can retain the use of the factory grill?
Old 03-25-2011, 03:30 AM
Lorenzo

Do you have pictures of your aftermarket head unit?
Old 02-16-2012, 06:03 PM
bigtimeloozer

Originally Posted by Black Chrome
The rings were made from my friend at a professional car audio shop. After I brought him the subs he told me they wont fit. That sucked. But then he came up with the wood ring idea and still using the factory enclosure plus dynamating around it. Ya so im real happy with his work and the way it sounds.
I like the idea of the rings as I am looking at replacing my factory system and subs in my newly acquired 2008.

What model Premier 8" subs are these? I was looking at Dayton 8" DVC Low Profile subs myself:

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...gn=email021612

Nice writeup on the sub replacement!
Old 02-24-2012, 09:02 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

I went with a pair of these Kenwood units (KFC-XW800F), installed them yesterday evening:

Fit in very nicely without resorting to rings (just "persuaded" the angled corner inside the speaker chamber a moderate amount with a heat gun and a body hammer).

The cones are carbon fiber, and look cool close up, but don't scream "steal me" to people walking by. Frames are cast aluminum and SOLID. VERY big inprovment over the factory cheap subs.

And yeah, I know install pics would be nice, but it's pouring rain here today. Hopefully over the weekend.
Old 03-11-2012, 12:32 PM
bigtimeloozer

Originally Posted by Torch_Vert
I went with a pair of these Kenwood units (KFC-XW800F), installed them yesterday evening:

Fit in very nicely without resorting to rings (just "persuaded" the angled corner inside the speaker chamber a moderate amount with a heat gun and a body hammer).

The cones are carbon fiber, and look cool close up, but don't scream "steal me" to people walking by. Frames are cast aluminum and SOLID. VERY big inprovment over the factory cheap subs.

And yeah, I know install pics would be nice, but it's pouring rain here today. Hopefully over the weekend.
Let's see some pics, especially ones showing the enclosure mods.
Old 03-11-2012, 03:47 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bigtimeloozer
Let's see some pics, especially ones showing the enclosure mods.
I'll be washing the car tomorrow. Will snap some pics then.
Old 04-14-2012, 02:16 PM
joihan777
1st Gear Member

I like the idea of the rings as I am looking at replacing my factory system and subs in my newly acquired 2008.

What model Premier 8" subs are these? I was looking at Dayton 8" DVC Low Profile subs myself:

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...gn=email021612

Nice writeup on the sub replacement!
Did you buy the Daytons? It looks like it will fit without issues. 2 Ohms is better than 4 or 8, so it should handle the stock amp too. If you installed the, can you please share your experience? Thanks!
Old 04-15-2012, 04:03 PM
bigtimeloozer

Originally Posted by joihan777
Did you buy the Daytons? It looks like it will fit without issues. 2 Ohms is better than 4 or 8, so it should handle the stock amp too. If you installed the, can you please share your experience? Thanks!
Will be a fall project. Will definitely update this thread with a link to my journey.

Thanks all! BTL
Old 11-21-2013, 11:57 AM
bigtimeloozer

Will be a fall project. Will definitely update this thread with a link to my journey.

Thanks all! BTL
Work has gotten in the way! I am gearing up for an early spring project. The original Dayton subs I listed are NLA from PartsExpress. There are a couple of others I am thinking of and I will not be using any of the factory amps/speakers/head units so 4 ohm will be fine.
Old 02-08-2014, 09:37 AM
Ahmed36320996

Default i know its a bit old

Originally Posted by Torch_Vert
I'll be washing the car tomorrow. Will snap some pics then.
i am really interested on know how they fit as i want to replace mine with those have faced any difficulties with the installation ?

please post some picture i really would like to see them in the car

Quick Reply: Shaker 500 Door Subs Replaced (Walk Through)