Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.
Old 10-23-2015, 05:23 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Ford Mustang Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

Shaker 500 Door Subs Replaced (Walk Through)

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2018, 06:55 PM
tommy1

Default replaced rear deck speakers

I replaced the rear deck speakers with RF P1683's. Can I hook them in to the "Shaker" amps or would it be easier to put a new one in the trunk?
Old 04-14-2018, 02:24 AM
08'MustangDude
Banned

I thought about replacing my subs, till I replaced the radio. What a huge difference!
I put in an Eonon Android radio, and it woke the whole system up. Bass is cleaner,
strong, deep, and vibratious... I could probably put better ones in for less distortion,
but man, what a difference...

I will need to replace the 6x8s, that's for sure...
Old 05-15-2020, 02:00 PM
3stang

I searched this thread and maybe I missed it....but I just want to swap out the blown right hand door subwoofer and was told the compC 8" kicker would be a direct replace and all I had to do was pull the grill off, remove the 8 or so bolts and swap( May have to cut connector and wire into new speakers posts) ….however, I cn't seem to get the old one out after all the bolts (screws) are out. Were they lying and you have to remove the door panel to replace? It really doesn't look like it but it doesn't seem to want to come out.....

Also, ,if that was a lie, is the direct replace for the kicker compC a lie too?
Old 02-07-2022, 03:59 PM
ProfReaper

Default Wiring?

Originally Posted by Black Chrome
Factory Door Sub Specs - 1.2 Ohm 60w x 2 (Doesnt say max or RMS).
From that, you can tell it drains as much power from the factory amps to power it. Also, they are made out of paper so ya, they are junk. The factory cover is attatched with glue and the speaker with screws.

Picture of the factory enclosure and why the Pioneer Premiers dont fit or many other ones (top left):

Factory Amp Specs - unknown (left inside) too much of a hassle to remove. Disconnected them and ran a aftermarket amp.

Picture that shows the custom ring (extension) needed to fit 8 inch Pioneer Premier Shallow Mount Speakers inside. They extend out about a 1inch more than factory. It is custom made out of wood:

Heres the finished install (also Dynamated most of the door):

I hope this helps you.
I'm trying to figure out the wire colors involved to t-tap. I'm trying to put an after market amp and sub in the trunk and theres already shaker 1000 wiring run for the trunk subs. I can't find how to identify the wires for "+, -, remote, ground, power". There are 10 wires to the trunk plug. I think maybe they would be the same colors as the door amp wires? What are the colors of the wires to the amp in the door and what are those colors corresponding function

?