Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

avic f700bt w/stock sirius module? + illum. question

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 11:20 PM
One Bad Stang
4th Gear Member

Default avic f700bt w/stock sirius module? + illum. question

will the factory s197 sirius tuner module work with an avic f700bt? if so, do i need an adapter cable? ive searched this forum, all the avic write ups, and various audio websites and found nothing on this.

the sticky on top of the a/v forum page for a d3 says something about a xm adapter, but i have sirius, so that leaves me wondering about this.

thanks - Tony

also, the d3 sticky pictures for the illumination wire aren't working, so which wire do i tap into for that feature? i know it's one on the headlamp switch, but is it a dimmer wire or just a regular on/off wire?
Old 01-16-2009, 10:52 PM
fender12
1st Gear Member

Iv got the avic f700bt and I was told i had to buy the sirius tuner from pioneer. My old one i guess is still in the car somewhere but because of the ipod hook up I dont even listen to the radio. Im about 95% sure that you have to buy the new sirius tuner but good luck and make sure you research about the technique to not making your subs pop. I forgot so now Im stuck with it until I can figure it out how to make it stop.
Old 01-16-2009, 11:28 PM
One Bad Stang
4th Gear Member

ive allready got the voltage regulator and have it all put together. i am just curious about the sat radio and illumination connections. i know i could run a wire to the headlamp switch, but i swear i remember someone saying the found a spot on the upper button panel above the radio spot.
Old 01-17-2009, 09:43 AM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

the factory satalite radio module will not work with the pioneer. The factory sirius antenna may work with the new module but you will not be sure until you can compair the antenna ends.
Old 01-17-2009, 11:25 AM
fender12
1st Gear Member

Im pretty sure that the orange wire which i think is the illumination wire has a wire on the new harness. Im busy right now but ill check and get back to you either later today or tommorow. My lights on the radio stays on all the time im not sure if this is what ur talking about but let me know and I try to help u out.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:49 PM
One Bad Stang
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by fender12
Im pretty sure that the orange wire which i think is the illumination wire has a wire on the new harness. Im busy right now but ill check and get back to you either later today or tommorow. My lights on the radio stays on all the time im not sure if this is what ur talking about but let me know and I try to help u out.
if it stays at the same brightness level all the time, you didn't get an actual illumination wire. it's supposed to dim it when you switch the lights on. (so it doesnt kill your eyes at night)
Old 01-18-2009, 07:28 PM
luvrbcs
2nd Gear Member

I spliced my illumination wire into the hazard flasher. Being located directly above the unit made for a nice, short wire run.

Originally Posted by One Bad Stang
ive allready got the voltage regulator and have it all put together. i am just curious about the sat radio and illumination connections. i know i could run a wire to the headlamp switch, but i swear i remember someone saying the found a spot on the upper button panel above the radio spot.
Old 01-18-2009, 07:35 PM
One Bad Stang
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by luvrbcs
I spliced my illumination wire into the hazard flasher. Being located directly above the unit made for a nice, short wire run.
cool, that must be the place. but i cant help but ask; if you turn your flashers on, do your radio lights pulse with them??
Old 01-18-2009, 07:44 PM
luvrbcs
2nd Gear Member

Only when I've had a few

No, you are splicing into the wire that backlights the button. I forget which wire it is, though.

Originally Posted by One Bad Stang
cool, that must be the place. but i cant help but ask; if you turn your flashers on, do your radio lights pulse with them??
Old 01-19-2009, 11:51 PM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

oh the hazard switches dimmer wire ok ok ok I was trying to figure out how that worked... It has a bulb in it yes that will work great.

Quick Reply: avic f700bt w/stock sirius module? + illum. question