Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

pioneer DEH-P3000IB on Mach 460 system

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 06:56 PM
Vovovovan
3rd Gear Member

Default pioneer DEH-P3000IB on Mach 460 system

hello, i bought my GT recently, it has mach 460 system and sony head unit. i wanna change it since it only works with a remote and the remote was lost, plus i believe mach amps weren't connected because the sound was very sh!tty, comparing to what is was in my sixer with cd changer.
anyway, i bought a pioneer 3000IB head unit, i wanna keep all speakers and amps, but put the new head unit. i went to my friend to get it installed, but when we connected the wires from sony connector to the pioneer connector, there were 4 wires left with no use. when i turned the system on, it didn't play. one orange wire and 2 violet wires(one with white stripe) and some other wire. i will probably need new connectors, i just wanted to ask which ones? if anyone ever did it on his car i will highly appreciate it. also if someone post out a a PDF it'll be very helpful. i will take pictures of the connector that came with the new unit and the one that i had before.
Old 02-01-2009, 09:00 AM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

the orange wire is a dimmer wire that will light the buttons up at night as well as dim the display so it is not so bright, once it turns on. The violet wires are your passenger side rear speaker wires.

Page 2 of my cardomain page shows the mach system and how to install a deck into it. Let me know if you have questions
Old 02-01-2009, 02:07 PM
Vovovovan
3rd Gear Member

i read the 2nd page of your cardomain, but before i connect i need another aftermarket connector that will make 9 wires from like 20 or so.
here are pix
that's the one from the new unit

aftermarket adapter with extra wires

two other connectors that i don't know where they go

and another connector that i have no use for
Old 02-01-2009, 06:00 PM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

the way they have it wired it is only driving the tweeters. They bypassed the amps which is why there is not bass. One of the small black/metal hrns's that is in the background of the pic with the hrns you labeled as having no use for is the input for the amp. Try to find a hrns that is a FDO3B hrns that will have a hrns to connect to the small one with rca's on the end. I wired the speaker outputs of the deck into the tweeters the same way the people installed this stereo but I also installed some capacitors inline to take the bass out of the signal. The factory amplifiers and subs will not sound good unless you feed them a 6-7v rca signal. Most decks only do a max of 2 so this is why the line driver is needed.
Old 02-02-2009, 06:30 AM
Vovovovan
3rd Gear Member

as you see in the first pic, i connected green,white,gray wires to one side and only connected yello, red, and blue on the on the other side, 4 wires on the other connector left with no use and i have no holes to hook them up to.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:50 PM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

it sounds like you do not have it grounded yet? and you only have 3 of the 4 speakers hooked up.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:43 PM
Vovovovan
3rd Gear Member

i called the crutchfield today and they said that they're gonna send me new connectors for 66 bux
Old 02-03-2009, 11:40 AM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

new connectors for what? $66!?
Old 02-03-2009, 08:09 PM
Vovovovan
3rd Gear Member

actually i called again today and another guy picked up. he said the harness adapter kit is $24, it's for mach 460 extra amps and adapter connectors straight from OEM to new head unit.
Old 02-07-2009, 08:35 PM
Vovovovan
3rd Gear Member

i got the wire harness from cratchfield and installed everything successfully

Quick Reply: pioneer DEH-P3000IB on Mach 460 system