Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

best component system for an 04' mustang

Old 08-21-2009, 02:02 PM
zoom33

Default best component system for an 04' mustang

Hi guys lookin to upgrade my speakers all the way around. I just bought this fine vehicle a weak ago and am not too pleased with the audio speakers so want to know if anyone here has suggestions on the best component speaker system for my money. I don't really have an amount I want to spend just yet but want to do some research on some If anyone out there has replaced there 04' mustang system with a nice component set up let me know what brand, model series, and what size amp you purchased with them. I would like to get a system that can push enough bass for the time being with out a seperate subwoofer. That will come way later. I mainly listen to rock and pop so definately want some thump to em' SO give me your suggestions!!!

Last edited by zoom33; 08-21-2009 at 05:23 PM.
Old 08-21-2009, 05:21 PM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

does it have a mach system with tweeters by the mirrors?

Whats yer budget?
Old 08-21-2009, 05:23 PM
zoom33

no budget as of yet. I am willing to spend some serious money on a really good system. It is the stock deck with no tweeters by the mirror and not the mach system
Old 08-21-2009, 09:08 PM
audiofrek19
1st Gear Member

get some infinity reference 6x8 components that will sound good with a new head unit and then reg. 2 ways for the rear
Old 08-21-2009, 09:35 PM
SoulBurn18
2nd Gear Member

Wow, really? I had a 2004 Mustang GT and aside from the bass, I was very happy with the sound system. I replaced the head unit with a DVD Player/GPS System and added 2 10" JL Audio 10w3 V2's in the trunk and it was great.

Sorry to hear you're not happy with yours.
Old 08-22-2009, 12:29 AM
zoom33

Originally Posted by SoulBurn18
Wow, really? I had a 2004 Mustang GT and aside from the bass, I was very happy with the sound system. I replaced the head unit with a DVD Player/GPS System and added 2 10" JL Audio 10w3 V2's in the trunk and it was great.

Sorry to hear you're not happy with yours.

well to be fair soulburn18...my drivers side speaker doesn't work properly like it's been blown. You can hear very little sound so instead of just replacing that speaker I am goin to replace the entirety of the speakers. I am plannin on gettin a new deck and just want to know peoples experience with certain speakers in our model of cars.
Old 08-22-2009, 07:24 AM
SoulBurn18
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by zoom33
well to be fair soulburn18...my drivers side speaker doesn't work properly like it's been blown. You can hear very little sound so instead of just replacing that speaker I am goin to replace the entirety of the speakers. I am plannin on gettin a new deck and just want to know peoples experience with certain speakers in our model of cars.
Ahhh. I could be wrong, but when I was at Best Buy getting my head unit put in, they told me that in order to change out the speakers in the Mach 460 system, you would have to gut the entire thing and start from scratch.

He said the Mach 460 has amps built into the car that can't be used with other speakers. I'm not sure how true this is or not, but it's what he told me.
Old 08-22-2009, 11:15 AM
zoom33

oh that is an interesting thing for best buy to say but fortunately for me I don't have the mach system. I have a plain old jane stock deck. I had car toys take a look at it for me.
Old 08-22-2009, 05:34 PM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SoulBurn18
Ahhh. I could be wrong, but when I was at Best Buy getting my head unit put in, they told me that in order to change out the speakers in the Mach 460 system, you would have to gut the entire thing and start from scratch.

He said the Mach 460 has amps built into the car that can't be used with other speakers. I'm not sure how true this is or not, but it's what he told me.
wrong.............. there are some funny numbers in the system but it is the easiest premium system to work with in my experience.

For future reference, take EVERYTHING that a bby salesperson tells as wrong until they prove themself correct.........

sorry redgt...... couldn't resist.
Old 08-22-2009, 05:42 PM
audiofrek19
1st Gear Member

yea thats 100 percent not true about redoing the mach to put speakers in i a installer it bby and i have done plenty without redoing it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: best component system for an 04' mustang