Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

15's Anyone?

Old 08-10-2010, 03:46 PM
BriansNSane
1st Gear Member

Default Close this thread pls

Close this thread pls

Last edited by BriansNSane; 08-14-2010 at 02:01 AM.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:07 PM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

sounds like you hacked your car up pretty well to get your music in there, congradulations I guess?
Old 08-10-2010, 05:46 PM
2007bluestang
4th Gear Member

i wouldve gone with two jl 13.5s i think 15s sound like crap they are only good for the deep stuff and 12s are good for highs but those jls hit those deep note unbelievable and the highs even better. my friend had 2 15s in his impala and it was awful...i hated tht ride and then he upgraded to 4 and all i can say is i wanted tht ride do end sooner than it did
Old 08-10-2010, 09:45 PM
BriansNSane
1st Gear Member

Ummm I didnt start this thread for people to bash my install, 15's, or my car. If you don't have 15's in the rear of your new edge please don't reply.Personally it's all in the install and equipment.They sound great in my opinion and after I bent the lip back down and straightened it out, reassembled the seat you can't even tell anything ever happened.Besides I listen to alot of heavy heavy metal and nothing but a set of 15's will do.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:56 PM
MOOK3456
4th Gear Member

I don't think anyone is "bashing". When you post up something like this on a public forum, you gotta be ready for some criticism along with compliments,etc..

Not my thing personally, it just looks big, bulky to me and sounds like you really had to work, break things to get it in there. Basically looks like you jammed 15's in the trunk lol which you did. But either way, whether it looks good or not, if it has the sound you're looking for, cool... More power to ya.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:06 AM
jrc1122
1st Gear Member

Man, this reminds me of myself @ ages 16-22.

I was such an audio-nut.

I had four 15s, (Back when RF was a world class brand) Some kids party and drink all their money away.. I spent all mine of car audio stuff. Me and my buddy custom built each box, did our own port/ tune, and carpeting etc. It was a blast.

I haven't had anything but stock systems since 2003. But I'm starting to get the itch for a little thump in the trunk.. Maybe a single 10.

PS-- from my old days-- I, always found 12s or even 10s sounded best for "heavy metal" and rock, etc.

And 15s was more for LOW, long drawn out bass. like bass CDs or Rap/ HipHop music.

When I listened to Rock on my 15s, it seemed like it hit hard, but not as crisp as lets say 10s or 12s.. But I did have them tuned for the lower bass.

But as a general rule: 10s 12s = Rock, Heavy Metal
15s, 18s (not even sure 18s are made anymore) = Bass heads, and Hip HOP, RAP.

Last edited by jrc1122; 08-11-2010 at 10:17 AM.
Old 08-11-2010, 04:28 PM
BriansNSane
1st Gear Member

Yea I think it is bashing..... I can take criticism but a smartass comment is another thing in itself and can be kept to itself.It would be like me going to the 5.0 section and telling them I used to have a 5.0 and hated it and you should build a 4.6 cuz that's what I have and it rocks,or telling someone who put a 460 in their T-Bird, Yea man you hacked them fenderwells all to hell nice going!!!! How well would you see that going over? and I didn't break anything to get them in there that's asinine.That would be like and electrician saying they broke a wall in someones house to add a receptacle.To JRC.........when I say Heavy Metal I'm not talking about the era of the hair bands. I'm talking about Fear Factory,Kittie,Flaw,Kryoburn, etc. Which sound way better on a set of responsive 15's IMO Because the bass is actually as low if not lower than hip/hop.But look I didn't start this thread to create a debate on whats better 10,12 13.5,15,or 18's and haha yes they still make 18's my friend.....actually they commercially make subwoofers up to 34'' get with the times.But look I'm just looking for others who appreciate 15's and have gone through the trouble of making them fit in their ride's and would like to hear the "hiccups" they encountered along the way. Have a nice day.
Old 08-11-2010, 05:10 PM
JayMax03
2nd Gear Member

hope you took the doughnut out
Old 08-11-2010, 10:26 PM
jrc1122
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by BriansNSane
....To JRC.........when I say Heavy Metal I'm not talking about the era of the hair bands. I'm talking about Fear Factory,Kittie,Flaw,Kryoburn, etc. Which sound way better on a set of responsive 15's IMO Because the bass is actually as low if not lower than hip/hop.But look I didn't start this thread to create a debate on whats better 10,12 13.5,15,or 18's and haha yes they still make 18's my friend.....actually they commercially make subwoofers up to 34'' get with the times.But look I'm just looking for others who appreciate 15's and have gone through the trouble of making them fit in their ride's and would like to hear the "hiccups" they encountered along the way. Have a nice day.

Dude, seriously,, you are very uptight, and soo defensive. I wasn't bashing you at all. Actually i was using your experience to reminise on the old days, when I had a bad *** system.

I wasn't even bashing your choice due to your music.. Just gave you my input from back when I was heavy into the car audio scene. Im talking about going to competitions and competing in some amature classes.

I fully admit, I don't listen to heavy metal, I could easily be wrong about the htz level at which most of that music bass is recorded, but in general the word "rock" in any form.. Southern Rock, Rock In Roll, Punk Rock.. They all sounded better on 10s/ and 12s. I've always lumped metal and rock together.. like hip hop and r&b, and rap.. they are different, but they go together. (you see what I am sayin?)

I also admitted to being out of the scene for awhile.. so Yes, I knew they had gimmicky sizes like 32s or what not.. But 18s was usually the biggest you ever saw.. And those werent that popular either. So I didn't know if they were all but off the market,, like the 8 Track-- Or tape decks,

Seriously man.. you seem very defensive about a whole lotta nothing.. calm down man.

Enjoy your new bass!. First thing I would do, if I had that in my car, is go out and buy a bass cd with a tone test, and some real low beats.. Those were fun!
Old 08-13-2010, 06:56 PM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

No I am sorry but anytime a subwoofer installation requires the use of a hammer and cutting tools I would have to say there was a better way, and that is the only way I can sugar coat it. I can appreciat your energy in doing all of this but I stand behind what I said above. You could have put those speakers in with out doing any damage to your car, and probably with less energy spent if you would have asked. But we all live and learn, my first system was not the best by any means and didn't sound as good as this one probably did we would have been happy to help you do this. Now I am not saying this to bash you or make you feel bad, but I am not going to act like there was not a better way to do it in hopes that you or someone else on here will not do it again.

Search this Thread