Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Android Samsung Galaxy s Holder - Where to mount

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 07:02 PM
08 Pony Package
2nd Gear Member

Default Android Samsung Galaxy s Holder - Where to mount

Just downloaded the SiriusXM radio app to use in my Mustang. I will connect the phone to the car with the aux cable port in the center console. Problem is, I don't know where to mount the phone. It seem it will be in the way of the stick shift if I get the cup holder type and if I mount from windshield, the cable has to run all the way down and to the console.

Has anyone already dealt with this minor dilemna? If so, what type of holder did you go with and where did you get it? Thanks
Old 03-22-2012, 07:08 AM
xenocide
2nd Gear Member

Isn't Pandora cheaper?

I think they have little clip on things that go on the vents, that would probably work out better than the dock as there aren't that many convenient places for it.
Old 03-22-2012, 06:00 PM
08 Pony Package
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by xenocide
Isn't Pandora cheaper?

I think they have little clip on things that go on the vents, that would probably work out better than the dock as there aren't that many convenient places for it.
I think pay $12 per month for satellite radio in my other vehicle. For another $3 a month, I can have Sirius XM on my android phone and play it through my car's speakers using the aux cord.

I think I am going to use on of the long good neck holers and fabricate a clip of sorts that will slip up under the passenger side of the center console. This way I can run the power and aux cord down the gooseneck, under the consoler, then have it come up inside the console where the AC power and aux input jack is. It's just an idea for right now, we'll see if it comes to life.

But thank you for the input.
Old 03-24-2012, 01:42 AM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

I thought pandora was a free app but I don't have a smart phone.

Don't know what a "long good neck holer" is after 15 yrs installing either.
Old 03-24-2012, 07:34 AM
08 Pony Package
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ttocs
I thought pandora was a free app but I don't have a smart phone.

Don't know what a "long good neck holer" is after 15 yrs installing either.
Wow.....I must have had more drinks than I thought when I posted this.

I meant to say a long goose-neck type holder.....my bad....LOL.....something like this but maybe a bit longer. I was thinking I could fabricate a clip that attaches to the bottom then slide up around the bottom, passenger side of the console....locating the phone slightly above and to the right of the stick shift.

Name:  140CA1W6VA1.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  2.8 KB

Pandora and SiriusXM are both free apps to dowload and install but with SiriusXM there is a $3 monthly service charge if you already have a Sirius or XM radio in one of your other vehicles.

Pandora is cool too but the music is interrupted by commercials.
Old 03-24-2012, 11:22 AM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

I thought pandora was commercial free as well but like I said never had a smart phone. The long good neck holder I was hoping was a typo.

I have never really had good luck with those myself. I did one time get one of those cheap/crappy little custom plastic cases that you put on your waste/belt and the phone snaps into, and mounted that to the dash($10 maybe). I then cut a small hole in the dash and ran the power cord out to it. I then snapped the phone to the clip, and then glued the power cord to the clip. I had to trim the little pieces on the end of the cord that would normally hold it onto the phone, but then every time I snapped it into the clip it had power and sound. I used a little filler to smooth it out and it looked pretty cool and worked great when I was done. Not sure if you have that option but maybe.

Last edited by ttocs; 03-24-2012 at 11:25 AM.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:10 AM
08 Pony Package
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ttocs
I thought pandora was commercial free as well but like I said never had a smart phone. The long good neck holder I was hoping was a typo.

I have never really had good luck with those myself. I did one time get one of those cheap/crappy little custom plastic cases that you put on your waste/belt and the phone snaps into, and mounted that to the dash($10 maybe). I then cut a small hole in the dash and ran the power cord out to it. I then snapped the phone to the clip, and then glued the power cord to the clip. I had to trim the little pieces on the end of the cord that would normally hold it onto the phone, but then every time I snapped it into the clip it had power and sound. I used a little filler to smooth it out and it looked pretty cool and worked great when I was done. Not sure if you have that option but maybe.
Sounds like an option...you wouldn't have a picture of it, would you? Thanks
Old 03-26-2012, 08:27 PM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

yea this one of those times where its worth a 1000 words. I checked my cardomain page for my truck but that was long ago and I took that mount out on the previous install. I might still have it on my USB hard drive I use a back up and will check but it is at home and I am at the hospital so I might be a couple of days.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:25 AM
MarisAnder

Default Cell phone repair parts - Cell phone Accessories

is replacement for galaxy note already in place? ,. new replacement for galaxy note. ,. nexus galaxy replacement back. ,. nexus note carrier ... samsung galaxy car dock
Old 11-22-2012, 05:02 AM
UlricWihey

I meant to say a long goose-neck type holder

Quick Reply: Android Samsung Galaxy s Holder - Where to mount