Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Two harness hook up on factory HU

Old 04-16-2013, 11:51 PM
coldeagle

Default Two harness hook up on factory HU

Hello folks:

Have an odd question. I'm looking to upgrade the sound in my Mustang and I'm leaning towards the AOEM-FRD24. It appears to work just fine with the S197 OEM HU's. I'm also planning on getting a LockPick, I have a CS and would like to have a backup camera.

The two hook into the same harness. Before I go about getting these two items, I wanted to get input and see if there are any potential issues that I should be aware of? I don't foresee any issues due to the fact that it's just wire to wire, but as I said just want to see if anyone can foresee any issues before I go out and buy the stuff.

Thanks for the input!
Old 04-29-2013, 11:51 AM
Iskwezm
4th Gear Member

The AOEM will work if you are only adding a 4 channel amp.It will not give a sub output so if you are adding subs and have shaker system, its best to tap into the sub signal from the amp.

I might have a few AOEM's laying around if you want to save a few bucks.
Old 09-05-2014, 08:14 PM
Bigpip54

Originally Posted by coldeagle
Hello folks:

Have an odd question. I'm looking to upgrade the sound in my Mustang and I'm leaning towards the AOEM-FRD24. It appears to work just fine with the S197 OEM HU's. I'm also planning on getting a LockPick, I have a CS and would like to have a backup camera.

The two hook into the same harness. Before I go about getting these two items, I wanted to get input and see if there are any potential issues that I should be aware of? I don't foresee any issues due to the fact that it's just wire to wire, but as I said just want to see if anyone can foresee any issues before I go out and buy the stuff.

Thanks for the input!
I know this is an old thread, but I was wondering if you actually connected the two harnesses together, and if so, how did it work out? I am currently considering the same thing and would like some feedback before I do it.