Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

8" door subs

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 06:21 PM
Dubstep Shep
1st Gear Member

Default 8" door subs

Does anyone have any recommendations for a door sub for a 2008 Mustang with that came with the shaker 500 system?

I'm mostly looking to see what people have actually managed to fit in there, I know there isn't a whole lot of clearance, and I'm hoping to get a few examples of what people have done rather than tearing my door apart to try and figure it out.

Also, does anyone know how many cubic inches/feet that door sub enclosure has?

Thanks in advance!
Old 05-22-2013, 07:17 PM
jamesgribley
1st Gear Member

clip em and get a sub for the trunk...anything that actually fits is relatively expensive and wont sound as good as a "real" sub

mine are still running in conjunction with a type s alpine sub but mostly rattle and sound crappy...wish i had told installer to forget running them...factory crapola
Old 05-23-2013, 07:07 AM
Dubstep Shep
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by jamesgribley
clip em and get a sub for the trunk...anything that actually fits is relatively expensive and wont sound as good as a "real" sub

mine are still running in conjunction with a type s alpine sub but mostly rattle and sound crappy...wish i had told installer to forget running them...factory crapola
Expense isn't an issue, and ill be running some very large subs in the rear seat.

More or less I'm looking for a mid/low to complement everything else.

I should have said this in my original post but I used to work in car audio and I'm a bit of an audiophile.
Old 05-25-2013, 07:48 PM
ticopowell
2nd Gear Member

I put 6.5 woofers in the doors on my 06, might be a good option, all I needed was a spacer for the size difference.
Old 05-26-2013, 09:37 AM
Dubstep Shep
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ticopowell
I put 6.5 woofers in the doors on my 06, might be a good option, all I needed was a spacer for the size difference.
That might be what I end up doing...

Just getting a 3 Way set and putting the 6.5 in that spot.
Old 05-26-2013, 02:09 PM
ticopowell
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Dubstep Shep
Quote:

Originally Posted by ticopowell

That might be what I end up doing...

Just getting a 3 Way set and putting the 6.5 in that spot.
if you have a 3 way then you could do a fairly stealthy install with amazing sound. the Tweeter and mid sized speaker will fit in the normal speaker hole, then match a bracket to the door colours for the woofer in the door and a good sub in the back and you are set lol

Posted from MustangForums.com App for Android
Old 05-28-2013, 02:55 PM
jthorn9
The Godfather

For the door subs you will have to get subs that run on minimal air space, as I'm sure you already know. Also, you can put any size from 8" or smaller in there. However, you will have to make an adapter to fit any speaker size in there as the Ford 8" is a special sizing that's slightly larger than after market 8". Google the Shelby Kicker Shaker system as those come with the adapter plates and are a direct swap/fit for the door subs.
Old 06-11-2013, 05:29 PM
akiba17
Not 100% a dick

I have the Shelby Kicker door subs, look it up there should be a thread by I believe Cutterwolf about his install.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:53 PM
Iskwezm
4th Gear Member

I used a O2 Audio 8" 3 way set up, 8"sub, 4" sealed mid and tweeter.I had to make a plate.Put a amp to them with about 80 w.pc. and it sounded great with the rest of the system which was 2 Kicker L7 10's and Phoenix Gold 2 way 5x7's in the rear.
Name:  P1010764.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  152.9 KB
Name:  P1010765.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  155.4 KB
Name:  P1010773.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  76.5 KB
Old 06-15-2013, 09:35 PM
Dubstep Shep
1st Gear Member

I think I may end up doing the Focal K2 3 ways and put the 3.5 and tweeter in the upper mount with a custom plate, and the 6.5 in the 8" spot. I'll let you guys know for sure when I figure it out. Working on planning out some other things for the system right now though.

Quick Reply: 8" door subs