Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Is there anywhere besides American Muscle that I can buy a Raxiom Navigation System?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2017, 08:23 AM
GLOCKer
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Gravydog316
American Muscle owns part (or all) of Raxiom, which is all junky garbage;
I was going to get their new radio, until i read the reviews...
nothing but problems with them
(& all other Raxiom products...
i have been waiting almost a year for AM to help me with a Raxiom taillight exchange...
i got banned on Mustang Evolution for complaining about this (AM is their sponsor,)
but i'm telling everyone who mentions AM or Raxiom.
There are better places to spend my hard-earned money...

(& do you notice how there hasn't been anyone from American Muscle on here on other forums in almost a year? Because i sure have...)

Not defending AM here, just setting the record straight. AM and Raxiom do not make the head unit. Rosen electronics manufactures it...
http://www.rosenelectronics.com/
Old 04-15-2017, 12:52 PM
Gravydog316
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by GLOCKer
Not defending AM here, just setting the record straight. AM and Raxiom do not make the head unit. Rosen electronics manufactures it...
http://www.rosenelectronics.com/
Right, but the brand it as Raxiom, & AM owns Raxiom;
major issues with other Raxiom stuff too...
Old 04-23-2017, 06:49 PM
tgshoe

Default Crazy return policy.

I bought the Raxiom Gen2 navigation unit for my 2014 Mustang GT and installed it. The installation instructions are horrible. However I got it installed and working for the most part. However I have an issue where the unit freezes while using the navigation and it will occasionally restart itself. I contacted American Muscle and was referred to Rosen Electronics customer service. They asked me to check several things and then to do a master reset, which I did. They told me if I continued to have an issue to exchange the item with American Muscle. I have continued to have issues with it freezing/restarting while actually navigating only. I called American Muscle and they wanted me to send the unit back and then they would send me a replacement. I explained this was not acceptable as I drive the car daily and would have the console taken apart and would not be able to drive it. They refused to send a replacement until I sent the original unit back so I asked to have it returned and get a refund. I will simply put a Pioneer or Kenwood system in the car. It won't look OEM and will cost me more all total but will work without the crazy exchange policy. I will not purchase anything else from American Muscle as they refuse to have a reasonable return policy.
Old 04-23-2017, 08:40 PM
Gravydog316
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by tgshoe
I bought the Raxiom Gen2 navigation unit for my 2014 Mustang GT and installed it. The installation instructions are horrible. However I got it installed and working for the most part. However I have an issue where the unit freezes while using the navigation and it will occasionally restart itself. I contacted American Muscle and was referred to Rosen Electronics customer service. They asked me to check several things and then to do a master reset, which I did. They told me if I continued to have an issue to exchange the item with American Muscle. I have continued to have issues with it freezing/restarting while actually navigating only. I called American Muscle and they wanted me to send the unit back and then they would send me a replacement. I explained this was not acceptable as I drive the car daily and would have the console taken apart and would not be able to drive it. They refused to send a replacement until I sent the original unit back so I asked to have it returned and get a refund. I will simply put a Pioneer or Kenwood system in the car. It won't look OEM and will cost me more all total but will work without the crazy exchange policy. I will not purchase anything else from American Muscle as they refuse to have a reasonable return policy.
Dont waste your $$$ on AM, or their Raxiom products. just fyi.