Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Raxiom Unit

Old 04-29-2014, 09:15 AM
HRDWRK
1st Gear Member

Default Raxiom Unit

Hello:

Has anybody installed one of these units in their late model mustang? t seems they come with everything, including rear view camera. If yes, how was the installation and the finish?
Thanks,
Old 04-29-2014, 01:08 PM
azdevil1
1st Gear Member

Raxiom is owned by American Muscle - and I have never had a good experience with AM; so, I would presume their service is equaled to their products. Which needless to say, just doesn't work for me. But i could be wrong...
Old 04-30-2014, 08:42 AM
HRDWRK
1st Gear Member

That is not encouraging! The unit seems to be a nice unit visually.
Is there any other similar options?
Thanks for the input.
Old 04-30-2014, 09:53 AM
azdevil1
1st Gear Member

There was a guy in Phoenix - don't remember his name -- but he installed a MINI iPAD in place of the head unit and I was amazed at the fitment and performance of that install. Willing to bet any respected AUDIO shop can help you find a perfect fit for your mustang with a few different selections.
Old 04-30-2014, 10:17 PM
MustangInTexas
2nd Gear Member

Wait, y'all are talking about two different things here. The OP wants to know about the Raxiom navigation and backup camera unit. azdevil, you're talking about a new HU. The Raxiom doesn't replace the HU. It uses the factory radio and adds nav and BU cam. As for the Raxiom unit, $700 seems a bit pricey to me but maybe that's just me. Supposedly, they are pretty nice. Hopefully someone that has one of these will reply soon.
Old 04-30-2014, 11:23 PM
HRDWRK
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangInTexas
Wait, y'all are talking about two different things here. The OP wants to know about the Raxiom navigation and backup camera unit. azdevil, you're talking about a new HU. The Raxiom doesn't replace the HU. It uses the factory radio and adds nav and BU cam. As for the Raxiom unit, $700 seems a bit pricey to me but maybe that's just me. Supposedly, they are pretty nice. Hopefully someone that has one of these will reply soon.
Well, based on what I see in the pictures and an installation video on you tube, the Raxiom navigation unit will replace the HU but keeps the CD player.
Old 05-01-2014, 07:22 AM
MustangInTexas
2nd Gear Member

OK, I really had not seen that before. Took some digging but yeah, new HU. OP, here's a write-up about this but, it is written by AmericanMuscle so take it as you will.
http://50yearsofmustang.com/2013/09/...2010-mustangs/
Old 05-01-2014, 08:21 AM
jz78817
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by HRDWRK
Well, based on what I see in the pictures and an installation video on you tube, the Raxiom navigation unit will replace the HU but keeps the CD player.
that's impossible since the CD player is inside the head unit.
Old 05-01-2014, 08:43 AM
HRDWRK
1st Gear Member

I am very surprised that nobody here at the forum has installed one of these units in their cars. I wish we could get a first hand input from somebody rather than some advertisement.
Old 05-01-2014, 09:40 AM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by HRDWRK
Hello:

Has anybody installed one of these units in their late model mustang? t seems they come with everything, including rear view camera. If yes, how was the installation and the finish?
Thanks,
Hey,

Before offering these to the public we had the chance to play with these on our project cars. I had the chance to see all the features and settings it has to offer, and was amazed.

These units offer everything that the Ford navigation units offer plus way more customization. The gps, turn by turn directions, Bluetooth, reverse camera, and settings are all quality and what I would expect from a Ford unit.

Where the Raxiom unit really shines is in its extra features. The fact that pictures can be uploaded and you can make the back ground screen whatever you want was one of my favorite features. Another feature I like is in the software that knows where cameras are placed and can warn you if a red light camera or speed camera is coming. For the spirited driver this is definitely a feature that is sure to come in handy.

These units have hundreds of awesome features like the ones mentioned, and I really don't think you will be disappointed. To fully grasp what this can do, you will need several days to learn everything.

I hope this information helps and if you have any questions at all, feel free to get in touch. Best of luck!

-Dan