Shelby Kicker Door Sub Wiring question - Page 2 - MustangForums.com



Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-25-2014, 10:51 PM   #11
cruisin5268d
4th Gear Member
 
cruisin5268d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 1,155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jz78817 View Post
ok then.

oh, BTW:



this is the same kind of mindset which convinces people they need to spend $1,000 on a 6 foot speaker cable.
*cough cough* Best Buy - Monster Cables * cough cough*
cruisin5268d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 08:53 AM   #12
jz78817
4th Gear Member
 
jz78817's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,325
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisin5268d View Post
*cough cough* Best Buy - Monster Cables * cough cough*
it gets way worse than that:

http://www.audioadvisor.com/Cardas-C.../#.U9OyyPldViQ
jz78817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 12:54 PM   #13
Chromeshadow
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 918
Default

JZ I do not appreciate you putting word in my mouth! That is totally out of line and I expect an apology!
Chromeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 01:03 PM   #14
jz78817
4th Gear Member
 
jz78817's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,325
Default

I didn't put any words in your mouth.
jz78817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 04:10 PM   #15
Chromeshadow
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 918
Default

Quote:
ok then.

oh, BTW:

Quote:

this is the same kind of mindset which convinces people they need to spend $1,000 on a 6 foot speaker cable.
This is a comment from someone who does not understand the details of audio systems and resorts to snide comments. You should shut up about things you know nothing about! Btw, I have never recommended Monster Cables or $1,000 cables for an automotive sound system. In fact, my point-which you totally reversed is that high ohm speakers will have less loss in the cables, that one reason why I prefer them. To twist this into
Quote:
this is the same kind of mindset which convinces people they need to spend $1,000 on a 6 foot speaker cable.
is wrong.
Chromeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 04:53 PM   #16
jz78817
4th Gear Member
 
jz78817's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,325
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeshadow View Post
This is a comment from someone who does not understand the details of audio systems and resorts to snide comments.
Sorry, but I've worked in the field for 17 years. I assure you I do know the "details of audio systems."

Quote:
You should shut up about things you know nothing about!
You have no knowledge about what I do and do not know. going around yelling at people how they "don't know anything about anything" is not a good way to get your point across.

Quote:
Btw, I have never recommended Monster Cables or $1,000 cables for an automotive sound system.
I NEVER SAID YOU DID!!!!111one

Quote:
In fact, my point-which you totally reversed is that high ohm speakers will have less loss in the cables, that one reason why I prefer them. To twist this into is wrong.
No, your original point was that higher impedance speakers are better for "clear sound." Here, I'll quote you:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeshadow
It's easier to get clear sound with a single coil that is 4 ohms or 8 ohms,
I called you on that comment, then you started talking about losses in the speaker wire which I never disagreed with. But the whole thing that kicked off this side-track was where you said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeshadow
We can argue all day about electrical theory, proof is in the puddin!
I take issue with a statement like that because it's exactly the same thing people who are pushing ultra-expensive crap will say. "You can't measure a difference, but you sure can hear it!" Which is a load of BS.

If you want to take that as "putting words in your mouth," so be it. The only apology coming from me is to WJBertrand for derailing this thread.
jz78817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 08:16 PM   #17
WJBertrand
2nd Gear Member
Thread Starter
 
WJBertrand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: CA
Posts: 192
Default

Got the Kicker subs and door speakers installed today. Had to us the Ford adapter rings for the door speakers an that made it really plug and plant. I was worried about the sub performance but I am happy with the result. The OEMs dual coils may have been a bit louder, but not hugely so, but IMHO they make more noise than sound. The Shelby Kicker's, even attached just to the Shaker amp sound much more thumpy and tight than the OEMs. Combined with the Kicker door speakers, the sound is much clearer, especially at high volumes. In the end, I'm sure adding amps would be a further improvement, but I'm pretty happy with this upgrade for now.
WJBertrand is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2015 Mustang Expansion Tank Granatelli Sales The New S550 2015-2017 Mustang 21 04-27-2017 01:33 PM
Win a $1500 AM Parts Overhaul - AmericanMuscle AMAlexLazarus AmericanMuscle.com 18 09-29-2015 01:35 PM
Best Place To Run Power Wire/Firewall '08 cbird1177711 2005-2014 Mustangs 3 09-02-2015 08:51 PM
HELP A/C Wont blow cold, electrical 2008 cbird1177711 2005-2014 Mustangs 0 09-02-2015 04:12 PM
Hydro dipped carbon fiber Fuel Door SYNY5TER Parts For Sale 0 09-02-2015 01:35 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:50 AM.