Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Traction Button issues after LED foot light strip install

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2016, 02:06 PM
Kydwykkyd
1st Gear Member

Unhappy Traction Button issues after LED foot light strip install

Hey everyone I'm going to try and keep this short and to the point. So in August i installed a new stereo in my car. Everything worked just fine until about 3 weeks ago when my cigarette lighter outlet stopped working. THEN yesterday i finally installed these cool LED light strips that light up your floor board. I tapped the dome wire (in the passenger Arm/Trim panel) so the lights turn on/off with my dome light. However, today i noticed my Traction control, fog light and my rear windshield defroster aren't all working. I pressed them several times and nothing. So when i got home i tried again, this time the defroster turned on but the other two still remained off. Did i mess some wiring up when I fed my LED strip's wire through the front console/stereo area?

(I should probably mention I know nothing of electrical wiring and did both these installs with the help of google/youtube. Try not to judge me lol)

Any and all advice is appreciated.
Thank you,
Kyd
Old 11-13-2016, 04:13 PM
ThatJuanStang

Originally Posted by Kydwykkyd
Hey everyone I'm going to try and keep this short and to the point. So in August i installed a new stereo in my car. Everything worked just fine until about 3 weeks ago when my cigarette lighter outlet stopped working. THEN yesterday i finally installed these cool LED light strips that light up your floor board. I tapped the dome wire (in the passenger Arm/Trim panel) so the lights turn on/off with my dome light. However, today i noticed my Traction control, fog light and my rear windshield defroster aren't all working. I pressed them several times and nothing. So when i got home i tried again, this time the defroster turned on but the other two still remained off. Did i mess some wiring up when I fed my LED strip's wire through the front console/stereo area?

(I should probably mention I know nothing of electrical wiring and did both these installs with the help of google/youtube. Try not to judge me lol)

Any and all advice is appreciated.
Thank you,
Kyd
First things first, you should check your fuses and your grounds and make sure they both check out.