Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Shelby Door subs - how to wire aftermarket amp to stock shaker 500

Old 04-21-2017, 04:12 PM
whippin3.7

Default Shelby Door subs - how to wire aftermarket amp to stock shaker 500

As title reads, I have just installed the 8" shelby door sub drop ins. Read everywhere that the power to them would drop and they wouldn't be as thumpy. So, after installing, the forums were right. They sound good, tight and clean, but no oomph to them.

I've have trying to find a direct answer to this by searching around, but none got straight to the point. Everything is stock in my shaker 500, no nav, in my 2014 mustang, except the new door subs.

Id like to add an amp for the door subs only, NOT the 5x7 speakers, how would I do so? Do I need a "PAC SNI-35 Variable LOC Line Out Converter" or "LC2i 2 Channel Line Out Converter ". Are they the same, if not, which one. Then, what amp would I need. A 2 ohm 2 channel amp, like this? "SOUND STORM EV200.2 EVOLUTION 200-Watt Full Range, Class A/B 2 to 8 Ohm Stable 2 Channel Amplifier" and then how would this be wired to the stock shaker headunit?

Does the factory amp drive only the door subs, or all 4 speakers also? I know I just asked for a lot, but any help will work, i'd like to get these with a little thump but nothing crazy! Thank you

Search this Thread