Bullitt Mustangs

whats the difference? GT VS Bullitt

Old 06-06-2007, 10:06 PM
Durr727
6th Gear Member

Default RE: whats the difference? GT VS Bullitt

Yeah, no disrespect to either of the cobra or bullitt owners, but the IRS on the cobra is pretty nifty and handles like a beauty.
Old 06-07-2007, 12:55 AM
01snake
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 03supercobra

i got a real cobra, i dont buy piece of ****bullitts and put bodykits on them u f u c k i n g d i c k thats why my car will smoke that piece of crap of urs. U f a g s talk to much **** about cobras and machs, cause u puusy whips just arent as fast as our snakes and machs[:-]
that's what im talking about
Old 06-07-2007, 03:04 AM
fiad06
5th Gear Member

Slobra > Mach>Bullit>GT>V6 nuff said

and IMO roush>saleen lol
Old 06-07-2007, 03:22 AM
Donnie's GTS
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fiad06

and IMO roush>saleen lol
word, except saleen >roush and looks/suspension IMO of bullitt>mach1.
Old 06-07-2007, 03:58 AM
fiad06
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BullittJim

ORIGINAL: fiad06

and IMO roush>saleen lol
word, except saleen >roush and looks/suspension IMO of bullitt>mach1.
i think roush looks better and handles better....

The bullitt does have that clean look, but to the normal human they think it looks like a gt....even though the side scoops and the rocker panels are sex....Im gna have to say the mach looks better imo
Old 06-23-2007, 01:46 PM
HellFire2kGT

ORIGINAL: gambietti

guys the HP difference is totally incorrect. The engineers that designed the Bullitt used an accurate HP reading after the initial numbers came out claiming 265-final numbers were actually 270. Which still sounds a little light considering a throttle body, manifold(intake) pullies and better exhaust flow. If we did that to any Stang (5.0 or 4.6) we would not be telling people we gained 10hp.....it would be more like 20-30hp. And that is really the true numbers. Ford (as they did in the past, overrated the GT numbers at 260hp-remember the 96 Cobras 320hp controversey?) The more research I did, I found out that the 99-04 GTs were actually rated at 240hp!!!) And for those who have ever had the opportunity to drive both a Bullitt and GT stock will agree by seat of the pants feel there is no way there is only a 5HP gain. I had that chance and the stock GT actually felt slow compared to the Bullitt. Also the intake manifold on the Bullitt is a much better flowing intake especially for supercharging. There is a reason Stangers are swapping Bullitt intakes for their stock plastic manifolds......you can by an aftermarket intake that mimics the Bullitts.
I had to register to correct you personally. There have only been a few new edge stangs that even came close to 200whp stock. If you were to only take a 18% loss which is right on par with the parasitic loss from a manual that would put a GT at 197hp stock while using the 240 claim! Ummmm....no. Most GTs will dyno between 220-230 stock which will back up the 260bhp claim. I don't know where you did your research but it was completely wrong. Yes the bullitt has a much better setup from the get go but how many stangs do you know that are still virgin. Once modding begins all bets are off.

The intake on a 2v is not that bad. It can support well over 300hp completely fine. The reason so many people are trying to get different intakes is because there is the misconception that you will get the astronomical gains like the pushrod motors. It is a fact that most intakes have actually lost power or stayed marginally ahead by only a few hp through the power band. Even the coveted P-51 is accepted to be a mildly to heavily modified mustang intake. The gains aren't there on a stock car because the intake manifold flows enough air.

All and all the bullitt should be rated most likely closer to 275-280 but I've only spent a fraction of what the difference between a GT and bullitt is and could outrun one easily, road course or strip.
Old 06-23-2007, 01:54 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

and by the way yo ****ty *** suspension will never top off the cobras
yeah, because everybody knows, the IRS is the best suspension for drag racing.

The intake on a 2v is not that bad. It can support well over 300hp completely fine.
this is true. i have ~600BHP with the stock intake and i haven't had a single problem.
Old 06-23-2007, 09:43 PM
Hulk99
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nanaki

and by the way yo ****ty *** suspension will never top off the cobras
yeah, because everybody knows, the IRS is the best suspension for drag racing.

The intake on a 2v is not that bad. It can support well over 300hp completely fine.
this is true. i have ~600BHP with the stock intake and i haven't had a single problem.

I think the IRS setup is meant more for road race applications Seriously though for day to day driving it is a better setup than the GTs. However if you want a drag car the GTs rear still needs upgraded to handle any real power. Now to swap out the rear end on a cobra is a little more expensive, but if I ever do I'll probably go with a 9"

Old 06-24-2007, 12:51 AM
Frostbitten
4th Gear Member

there are small hidden ID nameplates all inside and around the chassis of the car. You cannot find them without ripping the car apart. My friend wrecked his bullitt and found a bunch of them.......pretty crazy
Old 06-24-2007, 03:33 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

my rear is holding quite nicely with the power i have going through it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: whats the difference? GT VS Bullitt