Bullitt Mustangs

Bullitt cold air intake

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 02:07 AM
V8 Junkie

Default RE: Bullitt cold air intake

Get a JLT, you won't regret it. It woke up my engine.
Old 10-20-2007, 02:21 AM
V8 Junkie

If you decide to go with a JLT one trick that helps get the elbow pieces on is to heat them up in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
Old 11-17-2007, 08:44 PM
sweet99
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DILO2001GTJLT has a fenderwell one and a rai thats like the K&N where it sits in the engine and that one is cheaper than the fenderwell. I like the one that sits in the engine bay because when I go to the track I take out my headlight and it gets the additional air flow.
I liked the JLT I had before changing intake manifolds and will stay with them when I get one for this intake. Has anyone built a box around the filter and ran frontal air into the box so that the filter actully receives ambient ram air? I know the MAF and electronics would need to be protected from the occasional rain my car sees but I don't drive it in rain but do get caught on occasion!

Old 12-13-2007, 11:55 AM
Mikestang415

JLT, dont get me wrong I like K&N but JLT is better for the application
Old 12-14-2007, 07:40 AM
Bullitgt18

BBK! Best performance and looks for your money
Old 12-15-2007, 07:10 PM
NeedStangSpeed
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Bullitgt18

BBK! Best performance and looks for your money
Welcome to the bullitt world! 4 months late.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:16 AM
sweet99
4th Gear Member

Well I started a thread about a CAI and the use of a strut tower bar but no responses yet. JLT is beyond a doubt the best. On my GT I got what they claimed, about 15whp and .15 off my et. I still have a GT buy with an SVO intake, the forerunner of the Bullitt intake, but the strut bar will not fit with the JLT. Since it is a vert I really want the strut bar added so I am looking for a CAI that will allow the bar, anyone?
I may have to do a DIY system and use the JLT as a model. THX! Mark
Old 01-04-2008, 07:06 PM
jbullitt2005

Densecharger with k&n air filter located in the fenderwell works really well can't remember how much i paid for it, or jlt are the only two i would recommend
Old 01-05-2008, 09:04 AM
sweet99
4th Gear Member

I did a google search on the densecharger and found a dyno test:2whp and increasing to 9whp at 6000rpm, hradly useable power at 6k and not enough down low to justify the cost except for looks. The advantage of the JLT is that it places not only the filter but the MAF inside the fenderwell so the MAF gets a straight shot of air to read instead of the more turbulent air that comes from a curve just befor the maf.
I have a GT with the SVO intake and just about any '98 Cobra system should be made to fit though with the JLT and Densecharger those 2 are enough and it appears the Densechrger allows the use of the strut tower bar which is important to me since I have a convertible. Thanks to jbullitt2005 for turning me onto that one!
What I would like is the oval coupler from the Densechrger system and then I could do a DIY system with polished aluminum tubing available from Vibrant through places such as www.fullthrottlespeed.com

18" sections in straight, 45* and 90* pieces for many uses. I could then do a JLT copy if I can find an oval coupler like the one Densecharger sells. I have relocated my Fog-lights inboard so the area in front of the inner fender is open to oncoming air and I will feed that air either to a filter that is in the fenderwell or into the stock airbox if I cannot find the coupler I need. Anyone know where an oval coupler for the dual 57mm TB like the Bullitt has can be found? THX, Mark
Old 01-30-2008, 05:07 PM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

the 08 comes with a Ford Racing cai already!

Quick Reply: Bullitt cold air intake