Bullitt Mustangs

O/R H pipe with stock mufflers??

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 06:10 PM
austin101385
1st Gear Member

Default O/R H pipe with stock mufflers??

Hey Guys,

I just bought my bullitt last thursday andI love it. I am interested in waking the exhaust up a little (it already sounds good stock). I went to the local muffler shop and they told me that the Flowmaster 2 chambers + H o/r pipe + some eliminators installed would be a little over $600. Since that is a little steep for me just right now, and I like the tone of the Arvin mufflers that came stock on it (deep), does anyone know what it would sound like with just the H pipe and the stock mufflers? I went and priced H pipes and they had an o/r and a prochamber....I am assuming he priced the prochamber (the more expensive one)for me since it would be about 320 installed for the h pipe alone.

If you are going to post about getting a different set-up (xpipe, mac, borla, bassani, magna), please don't bother...no offense, I just love the sound of flowmasters, and if I changed the mufflers, that's what I'd replace it with.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Austin
Old 10-24-2007, 08:47 PM
Donnie's GTS
4th Gear Member

Default RE: O/R H pipe with stock mufflers??

ORIGINAL: austin101385

Hey Guys,

I just bought my bullitt last thursday andI love it. I am interested in waking the exhaust up a little (it already sounds good stock). I went to the local muffler shop and they told me that the Flowmaster 2 chambers + H o/r pipe + some eliminators installed would be a little over $600. Since that is a little steep for me just right now, and I like the tone of the Arvin mufflers that came stock on it (deep), does anyone know what it would sound like with just the H pipe and the stock mufflers? I went and priced H pipes and they had an o/r and a prochamber....I am assuming he priced the prochamber (the more expensive one)for me since it would be about 320 installed for the h pipe alone.

If you are going to post about getting a different set-up (xpipe, mac, borla, bassani, magna), please don't bother...no offense, I just love the sound of flowmasters, and if I changed the mufflers, that's what I'd replace it with.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Austin
blowmasters suck, they have a really bubbly sound at idle, and are very cheap and low qaulity. I went with pypes violator with a catted x(soon to be un-catted) and it sounds unlike any other stang ive heard.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=sEapt0-iRQ8
Old 10-27-2007, 03:01 PM
xx9gt6xx
4th Gear Member

The H will be louder than the ProChamber but the ProChamber tends to sound better on most setups. It's up to you though, G/L w/ whatever you do though...
Old 10-29-2007, 12:31 PM
austin101385
1st Gear Member

I went to the muffler shop and dropped the bullitt off with a note to put on the o/r H-pipe and MIL eliminators. After I get out of class, I find out that he actually put on an o/r x-pipe. He said that he does mostly all X-pipes, and he didn't even know if he could get an H-pipe in. It is a lot louder and sounds almost kinda airy at some rpms...is that to be expected?

So.....what mufflers should I get? I want that muscle car sound...not annoyingly loud. He said that flowmasters would still sound great on the o/r x-pipe, which was what I was wanting to go with. But I've heard that chamber mufflers (flowmaster, mac) don't sound good on x-pipes....please help