Bullitt Mustangs

Questions for the mechanically inclined (not for retards)

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 06:10 PM
nolimitsoldierz77

Default Questions for the mechanically inclined (not for retards)

Here's how it breaks down I have a (new to me) 2001 gt bullitt#5335. I'm a mustang lover and was acutually looking for my dream car a ('69 mach 1 w/428cj) when I found this car, and since I love mustangs I knew a little about the car's history. Anyways now I have one, it's completely stock and I'm going to modify the valve train to get more power for one and two because I've heard that you can only run 400rwhp on a stock engine without blowing it. Stick with me here, I'm eventually adding a whipple supercharger, but for now I want to go with 44lb injectors, the 1284cfm acufab throttle body, roller rockers (if you know anyone who carry's them for stock gt heads), forged rods, valve springs & valves from ford racing, steeda side exhaust, underdrive pullys from steeda, computer chip, cold air from jlt, rousch short shifter, and 3.73 gears. I know all about carburation but not a lot about EFI and fuel mixture ratios ( My other ford is a 1981 Bronco w/400rwhp and 37" tires). So if anyone can help me with all of this stuff I've listed that would be great.
Old 04-11-2008, 06:02 AM
ribo68
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Questions for the mechanically inclined (not for retards)

Can you say...Cha-ching??? May as well swap the heads if you're doin' all that. That way you can go w/ more psi when you go FI = lots more hp.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:16 AM
steele901
4th Gear Member

should have bought this bullit

http://svtoa-memphis.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6498
Old 04-11-2008, 12:19 PM
nolimitsoldierz77

No thanks, I'd rather build my own 20k bullitt, just wanted some tips from bullitt owners, not suggestions from retards.
Old 04-12-2008, 02:56 PM
steele901
4th Gear Member

Honestly, you don't sound to smart yourself. Esspecially considering you keep calling people retards...

Have fun with your Bullitt, master p
Old 04-12-2008, 06:43 PM
nolimitsoldierz77

LOL well I'll have you know you BIG-BAG-O' DOUCHE that I build engines and 4 wheel drive trucks in my spare time. All I wanted was to get a little FAQ's answered from bullitt owners, not guys like you. And for your sake I hope they serve beer in hell, even if it is rodeo cool.
Old 04-14-2008, 10:54 AM
steele901
4th Gear Member

Hmmm... i don't remember giving you any advice. i just remember posting a link to a sweet bullitt that was for sale (thought you might be interested considering it won 5.0's king of the street last year).

But since you're accusing me of giving advice, here's some: Don't join a forum and immediately start calling people retarded like some 3rd grader that just got his first myspace account.

I couldn't care less if you less if you build engines in your spare time, that doesn't make you any less of an ignorant *****.
Old 04-21-2008, 02:50 AM
RHR281m
1st Gear Member

^
^
+1

obviously you dont need any help deciding what to do with your car. and if you build engines(no matter the style) you should have a good general understanding of how efi works and is tuned.

that aside

for tuning go with a stand alone ecu after all the mods. in my experience its easier to get a precise tune. not that i want to be, but if i were you id leave the bullit fairly unmolested(for collectors sake) personally my bullitt is sticking with minor bolt ons, and the major mods are for a 98 gt i baught for that exact reason.

now this is all my opinion and im sure some childish names will be slung my way but thats ok, ill still sleep at night[sm=sleeping.gif]

good luck with the build
Old 04-22-2008, 09:53 AM
nolimitsoldierz77

No I wont call you any childish names, and thanks for the info. This weekend I installed a JLT cold air intake which took a little while and acufab's single blade throttle body which required some modification to the intake because the split in the middle wouldn't allow for the blade to open up properly so I had to cut it out with a grinder. Thankfully this didn't compromise the integrity of the uper part of the intake. Later this month a steeda tri-ax short shifter will be going in (when I get the time) 3.73 gears and a steeda side exhaust kit. For the collector value I plan to hang onto the original exhaust if I ever decide to change it back. I also tuned it with the Diablo Sport Tuner this weekend and let me tell you that thing is awesome.

- Again, Thanks for the info
Old 04-22-2008, 09:20 PM
RHR281m
1st Gear Member

im glad to hear that your not building the hell out of this car, its just not the right car to build. not saying it wouldnt make good hp, its just not worth it in the long run. definatly keep the stock parts. these cars tend to do well with bolt ons. cams would be good also porting the heads and intake. injectors, ect.

Quick Reply: Questions for the mechanically inclined (not for retards)