Bullitt Mustangs

MY BEAUTIFUL BULLITT IS DESTROYED!!!!!

Old 10-23-2008, 09:15 PM
cyle_greenhill

Default MY BEAUTIFUL BULLITT IS DESTROYED!!!!!

My pride and joy is gone. I put my life into my 2001 bullitt #0145 and it is now a useless pile of twisted metal. Ok, i was getting on the 4 lane and it was raining hard. When I got to the top of the ramp, there was water standing and I hydroplaned and started spinning round and round. Finally, it stopped spinning and I was stopped broadside in the right lane, and an eighteen wheeler t-boned me (yeah, it sucked). It pushed my passenger door into me and broke 6 of my ribs, bruised a lung, and shot glass into my arm. After 7 days in the hospital and some minor surgery to remove the glass, here I am. Even though my car is gone, I'm happy to be alive. Everyone said that I should be dead, but that little ford held together enough to keep me from being crushed ( oh yeah, the drivers door opens and closes like nothing happened, and I walked away) Luckily, the wreck spared my complete drivetrain, which was what I had the most work in. mach 1 crate engine bored .10 over with polished cobra crank, manley h-beam rods, wiseco diamond forged pistons, ported heads and intake with blower cams and upgraded valvetrain, 60lbs injectors, vortech supercharged pushin 18 lbs of boost, grannatelli MAF, k&n cold air intake, bbk long tube headers, bbk x-pipe, flows, Viper 6-speed trans (fully built from front to back) steeda tri-ax shifter, centerforce dual friction clutch, custom 1000hp rated carbon fiber/aluminum driveshaft, 8.8 rear with moser posi unit with 4.10 gears and 31 spline axles, adjustable upper and lower control arms, and it also saved the tubular k member. There are several other odd and ends that made it out alive as well. I'm planning on putting my drivetrain in a 99-04 gt or cobra and giving it another try. I would post pics, but my camera was in the car when It got smashed and it fell victim to the crushed glovebox.
Old 10-23-2008, 09:43 PM
antbug911
2nd Gear Member

i'm glad your ok!!!!
sorry to hear about the mustang though.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:56 PM
forcefeed
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by cyle_greenhill
My pride and joy is gone. I put my life into my 2001 bullitt #0145 and it is now a useless pile of twisted metal. Ok, i was getting on the 4 lane and it was raining hard. When I got to the top of the ramp, there was water standing and I hydroplaned and started spinning round and round. Finally, it stopped spinning and I was stopped broadside in the right lane, and an eighteen wheeler t-boned me (yeah, it sucked). It pushed my passenger door into me and broke 6 of my ribs, bruised a lung, and shot glass into my arm. After 7 days in the hospital and some minor surgery to remove the glass, here I am. Even though my car is gone, I'm happy to be alive. Everyone said that I should be dead, but that little ford held together enough to keep me from being crushed ( oh yeah, the drivers door opens and closes like nothing happened, and I walked away) Luckily, the wreck spared my complete drivetrain, which was what I had the most work in. mach 1 crate engine bored .10 over with polished cobra crank, manley h-beam rods, wiseco diamond forged pistons, ported heads and intake with blower cams and upgraded valvetrain, 60lbs injectors, vortech supercharged pushin 18 lbs of boost, grannatelli MAF, k&n cold air intake, bbk long tube headers, bbk x-pipe, flows, Viper 6-speed trans (fully built from front to back) steeda tri-ax shifter, centerforce dual friction clutch, custom 1000hp rated carbon fiber/aluminum driveshaft, 8.8 rear with moser posi unit with 4.10 gears and 31 spline axles, adjustable upper and lower control arms, and it also saved the tubular k member. There are several other odd and ends that made it out alive as well. I'm planning on putting my drivetrain in a 99-04 gt or cobra and giving it another try. I would post pics, but my camera was in the car when It got smashed and it fell victim to the crushed glovebox.
sounds like a nice setup, hopefully insurance pays out ok
Old 10-24-2008, 02:37 AM
crash
BrandofPoop

Originally Posted by forcefeed
sounds like a nice setup, hopefully insurance pays out ok
I agree....I had my last Mustang totaled because of rain...I'm glad that you're ok but I'm distraught to hear about your Bullitt. I don't care what people say I think that Mustangs are one of the strongest built cars out there. This may be too early but what do you have in mind to buy? Termi? With all of that drivetrain, how well did your car respond to it?
Old 10-24-2008, 04:55 PM
defconfire
5th Gear Member

+1 Mustangs a tough cookies. They can take a lot of structural abuse. I'm glad to hear your ok.
Old 10-26-2008, 12:04 AM
califas_1987
3rd Gear Member

Why spend money on a gt or cobra? Your set up already surpasses them. I would get a v6 shell replace everything you got into it and what you save put it into suspension mods. You could have a total sleeper on your hands. With what you save, you could probably still have left over enough for a beater to drive around during inclement weather.

No matter what you decide though, it is good to know you are ok.
Old 11-02-2008, 01:37 PM
boduke0220
6th Gear Member

man im so glad your ok, i love bullitt mustangs! they are by far my favorite of all time! Sorry to hear about the car, and wow you had alot put into it! i agree on the V6 thing, it'd be alot cheaper; if your rear end is still good i vote +1
Old 11-02-2008, 01:41 PM
buddyantunez1
2nd Gear Member

thats scary man. hope you can get the drivetrain into a new edge car soon
Old 11-02-2008, 10:24 PM
1999mustang2000
5th Gear Member

sorry to hear about that man...glad ur ok....+1 on the mustang being tough....sounds like you have a great engine
Old 11-03-2008, 04:05 PM
Young_Buck
2nd Gear Member

Thats madness, i too fell victim to the rain......BFG Drags and light rain = teh fail.

Glad to hear you are ok now......

***cough*** anything for sale? ***cough***cough***

V6 shell would be sweet also but would there be any issues with the wiring harness or conections?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: MY BEAUTIFUL BULLITT IS DESTROYED!!!!!