California Regional Chapter Chapter President: Matt's 95 Stang

January 1st 2013 "Tour d'Orange

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 07:48 PM
alan0614
6th Gear Member

Man, I am really jealous of the guys/gals that are part of this cruise. That was an incredible cross section of cars. Be sure to post some pics/vids for the rest of us.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:52 PM
lost won

Double post..

Last edited by lost won; 12-30-2012 at 08:19 PM. Reason: double post!
Old 12-31-2012, 04:12 PM
familycaronROIDS!

Originally Posted by lost won
(Gee, wish we had been introduced. Feel strange calling you "familycaron steroids")

Nice car that you sold. I raced a G8/GXP all last year who could beat me on street tires, when I was on race Hoosiers...

Congrats on the new GT. If my experience is worth anything, be slow to change ANYTHING. It's a helluva car dead stock. Most everything about any car is a compromise between performance, durability, NOISE, VIBRATION, and HARSHNESS (NVH); and most of all COST. Don't sell Ford short. Those engineers know what they're doing. They might even know what you want better than you do. Trust me, they got the 2011+ Mustangs, and especially the Coyote engine, RIGHT. Just drive it. After about six months, if you still think something needs changing, go for it.

I've raced mine for a year, and I might change the shocks, but I haven't yet....

Enjoy your new ride!

John
Julian nice to meet you John...

So far the car feels great. I didn't get the track pack cause I want to have the suspension parts of my choice installed. I am getting springs and LCA's in a week or so. Wheels will come soon there after. Performance wise this car feels quick as it sits but coming out of a 11 second car I always need a bit more lol...
Old 12-31-2012, 11:22 PM
CityDave
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by alan0614
Man, I am really jealous of the guys/gals that are part of this cruise. That was an incredible cross section of cars. Be sure to post some pics/vids for the rest of us.
Just setting up the GoPro right now. I'll post some pictures. It should be clear and sunny with a low of 43 in the morning and a high of 65. Great crusing weather.

Dave
Old 01-02-2013, 12:55 AM
lost won

Default The Tour

Wife and I ran the Tour d' Orange for 2013. Got there late, about 8:30. Couldn't find a gas station at first to gas up after the trip from San Diego. Finally got in line about a quarter mile back from the start at the end of Fischer nearest the 55.
Got stuck behind a new Ferrari (dealer plates). Passed the start line at Fischer and Red Hill at 9:15. Very slow through the lights down to the PCH, then picked up from there. Down to Laguna Beach, up through Laguna Canyon to the 133, and so on to Irvine, hooked around El Toro, and up through Live Oak Canyon to Santiago Canyon. Past the lake, then back down to Jamboree, side trip to Portola and Jeffery; Barranca to The District. Lunch at Red Robin. Then back by the blimp hangars to the 5 and home. Thanks to my expert navigator wife, we never got lost all day!

Interesting trip, Very interesting cars. Everything from the latest and greatest exotics to hot rods, muscle cars, and the usual Corvettes, Porsches, BMWs, Cobra kit cars, and so on. Oh, and I saw a few Mustangs. Next time we're gonna hafta take some orange smoke flares or somethin' so we can find each other! 300 cars is a BIG crowd. Sorry I missed those of you who were there.

As usual met some really nice people, too. Talked to a bunch of people at lunch.
And yes I saw at least one Cobra driver with REAL driving shoes on.

Fun day. I posted up a couple of pics on my album. I'll get some more up soon.

John
Old 01-02-2013, 10:24 AM
CityDave
1st Gear Member

Here is a link to KABC 7 news report on the Tour D'Orange 2013

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/video?id=8939155