Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

Possible Regional Banner (Beta)

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 03:48 PM
HasABetterSN
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by sonicx
hmm wonder comes into the Carolina's sections that could possibly be referring too???
I dunno what you're talking about
Old 03-04-2011, 04:07 PM
sonicx
speed'n

Originally Posted by HasABetterSN
I dunno what you're talking about
You knew i was just giving ya a hard time mike lol.... me???? Making those northern boys jealous with the warm weather & beaches n stuff ahahaha
Old 03-04-2011, 06:59 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

For now, I'm just using the Flag Banner. Follow these instructions with any of the banners, and you can create a banner in your signature that links anyone who clicks on it to the Carolina Regional Chapter Forum Area.

1: Right click the banner you want.
2: Choose "Save Image As"
3: Save image to desired location.
4: Upload banner from computer to online image hosting site (I like www.photobucket.com)
5: Copy the image code that is listed for the uploaded image.
6: Enter this into your signature (I'll use parentheses instead of brackets because if I use brackets it links it, so ( = [ and ) = ]). (URL=https://mustangforums.com/forum/carolina-regional-chapter-153/)(IMG)Image Code Provided By Web Image Host(/IMG)(/URL)

Last edited by HT; 03-04-2011 at 07:03 PM.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:52 PM
HasABetterSN
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by sonicx
You knew i was just giving ya a hard time mike lol.... me???? Making those northern boys jealous with the warm weather & beaches n stuff ahahaha
Hah I know man, I was messin with you
Old 03-05-2011, 10:06 AM
lpcard
4th Gear Member

The flags look a little squished, did they have to be compressed some to get them to fit? And a beach scene rather than a brick wall, I like it, but it must have a lighthouse (otherwise people might think Florida rather than NC).
Thanks for all your hard work HT.
Old 03-05-2011, 03:05 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

The flags should be in their correct proportions...just really small scale, if I did it right. I tried to lock their proportions when I rescaled them.

I'll work on a beach theme later if I have some time, the graffiti is just something I've done before and I can crank out rather quickly. The beach theme will take a bit of trial and error. Maybe we should do a beach theme on the right side with a transition to mountains on the left, to represent how NC/SC span from the Atlantic to the Appalachians...

I don't know, just an idea.

And no problem lpcard.

EDIT: When I look at it, the blue vertical section of the NC flag looks out of whack, like you said. I'll see if that's just an optical illusion or if I screwed something up in my Gimp (free Photoshop) work.
Old 03-05-2011, 04:09 PM
HasABetterSN
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by HT
The flags should be in their correct proportions...just really small scale, if I did it right. I tried to lock their proportions when I rescaled them.

I'll work on a beach theme later if I have some time, the graffiti is just something I've done before and I can crank out rather quickly. The beach theme will take a bit of trial and error. Maybe we should do a beach theme on the right side with a transition to mountains on the left, to represent how NC/SC span from the Atlantic to the Appalachians...

I don't know, just an idea.

And no problem lpcard.

EDIT: When I look at it, the blue vertical section of the NC flag looks out of whack, like you said. I'll see if that's just an optical illusion or if I screwed something up in my Gimp (free Photoshop) work.
You using Linux? I know Gimp comes on there stock, why I was asking
Old 03-05-2011, 04:28 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

Nope, Windows 7 on an Alienware M17x here at school. I'm just a poor college student and I don't really want to buy Creative Suite until I have to for school, and Gimp is probably one of the best alternatives that I have found.
Old 03-05-2011, 04:59 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

The whole beach concept is rough. I tried to do a lighthouse sort of thing, but it always turns out either unrecognizable or too busy. I'm trying something now with a wave washing up on shore, we'll see how this goes. It's just such a limited space.
Old 03-05-2011, 05:25 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

Threw together a little concept that I'm not as ashamed of haha. The text isn't centered, but I was frustrated because I need to do it again to get it fixed. If it's worth the effort, I'll redo it better, but here is the general idea.

I was going for a drawing in the sand with the wave washing away the words sort of deal, if you couldn't get that from the banner.

Quick Reply: Possible Regional Banner (Beta)