Yeah having a loose rearend is never a good thing. lol
Old 06-26-2013, 12:50 PM
jayman33
Banned

Tight is right.
Old 06-26-2013, 01:15 PM
Cockygt500
3rd Gear Member

My turn. I'm Michael, I love country life and miss it a lot. I have been married to my wife for 8 years in july but we have been together since high school. We have a 13 year old daughter. My other baby is my Boerboel (mastiff) Alex and my new toy. This is my first mustang but I kind of doubt it will be my last. Although the new Sting ray looks good too. I like anything fast and loud which is kind of sounding like some of the people on here. Must be why i like this chapter. Lol.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:37 PM
DK Pony
4th Gear Member

OK. I'm David. I'm an over the road truck driver. I bought a Blue 2008 v6 convertible spring of 2012. First Ford ever. My wife (Kim) wanted a vert and was looking at Miatas and VW's so I figured I had better step in and do something so we wouldn't end up with something I couldn't be seen in.
We live in Bristol Va. Yes the home of Bristol Motor Speedway.
When we first got the 2008 these guys were the first to welcome us and invite us to a GTG. And the rest is , as they say, history.
We loved the 08 so much we traded it for a 2013 Convertible V6 just 6 months later.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:00 PM
alan0614
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by lpcard
My name is Larry Card. I was born and raised in Iowa and spent 20 years fixing airplanes on Uncle Sam's floating airports. When I retired I decided I didn't want to have any more to do with airplanes and there really wasn't anything in Southwest Iowa to call me back.
I got a job in Raleigh with the semiconductor industry, first with a place called Amkor that has since shut down and now with the company that makes some of the LED's used in the new Mustangs.
Getting the car is a bittersweet story, I wanted a Challenger convertible but they didn't come out with one. The wife and I talked about getting a Mustang convertible instead - actually we talked about getting 2 since she wanted a glass top - to replace the crap cars that we had (I had an 82 Rampage that I loved but it was getting labor intensive, she had a 92 Grand Am that I absolutely hated) but when she got too sick to drive (lung cancer) we stopped talking about it.
She passed last June, and I rented a Mustang convertible to take her ashes to the national cemetery in Florida. My ulterior motive was to see if I really liked them well enough to actually buy one. As it turned out of course I did, so when I got back I started looking at new convertibles.
I think she would love my GT/CS, in fact I would probably have had a hard time convincing her to let me drive it. I miss her a lot, but we had a good 16 1/2 years together and she is no longer in pain. Since I paid for the car with her life insurance money it is the last gift she ever got for me, and so I will always treasure it.
Enough with the sad stuff now. Live every day like it is your last, because one day it will be, and the goal is to slide through the Pearly Gates still smoldering, jump out and holler "Let's do that again!"
Larry, I had heard part of the story, but never found this thread. Sounds like you had a special lady. Would have loved to meet the woman that could put up with you my friend.

Originally Posted by jayman33
It is tight under there but at least it aint loose.
Wouldn't have expected anything but tight from you stud.

OK, my turn. I have met most of you, I am Alan, my wife is Debbie. We have a daughter that lives in Raleigh with her husband, Bryce. I am the distribution training manager for the wood division of Valspar.

We are on our fourth Mustang. We had a 66GT clone, a 10GT, 12 GT and now the 11 Shelby. Deb wants a classic, we are on the lookout for a 65 or 66. We aren't looking for a trailer queen but a nice cruiser.

We have had a blast getting to know you guys and gals. We met Steve, Larry and Hunter almost two years ago when James (Tango7) put together a Diamondback run. It has been a glorious downhill slide since that day.

Looking forward to meeting more of out VERY dysfunctional family.

Last edited by alan0614; 06-26-2013 at 09:02 PM.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:13 PM
CPTCO
5th Gear Member

Hi my name is Chris and I'm an alcoholic....wait wrong site.

I recently became an honorary member of the Carolina Chapter. I farm and ranch in eastern Colorado. This is my first Mustang, tops a long list of vehicles. I do some volunteer work that gets me away from the farm from time to time, so I never know where I will end up.
The wife and I have three kids. Aside from the farm and volunteering, we breed, raise, and train thoroughbred race horses. I play a little golf, badly. In my 35 years, I've learned how to work on just about anything. I've torn apart engines, built my own house, and everything in between.

I'm just getting to know you guys, but it's been a pleasure so far.
Old 06-27-2013, 12:24 AM
nc_lx5.0
2nd Gear Member

Well, here I go. My name is Sean and was raised as a military brat. Born in Scotland and have travelled a lot. I've been married for 2 1/2 years. Don't have any kids but we do have a shi-poo, a shi tzu and a 140 lb. King German Shepherd. Came out of high school and got my a&p license. Worked line maint. for Midway Airlines when based at RDU. Also worked for US at CLT. I do like to travel still and spending time at the beach at my in-laws place. I've had my car for two years and still love it. This is my sixth mustang and probably my favorite style. I've had 3 foxbodies, two SN95's and now my S197.
Old 06-28-2013, 01:20 AM
Fast droptop

Hello all. My name is Matt and I'm from right outside Charlotte, NC from a small town called Davidson. I'm 44 and work as a manager/bartender at a country club. Been a GM guy all my life but my 1st car was a 66 stang. Also had a 72 vert stang and a 94 Cobra. I've mostly owned Camaro's but after driving a 11' GT knew that I'd quickly be selling my 2001 Camaro SS convertible that had 460 rwhp. I miss the vert at times but love my YB GT. Looking forward to meeting you guys/gals at some events this summer. I can't make Mustang Week due to having to visit the in-laws in Pittsburgh. Next year thou. Have a good weekend everyone.
Old 06-28-2013, 06:58 AM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Definitely going to have to link up.
Old 06-28-2013, 12:43 PM
SHOHORSE
5th Gear Member

My name is Steve and I'm no longer the oldest member here.(Thanks Shellback) I was born in Charlotte and have lived in the area all of my life. I have been through several Mustangs since the 60's. 66 coupe, 71 coupe, 98 coupe, 00GT drop top, 03 Mach1, 07 GT/CS, 08GT/CS and now a 13 GT/CS. My wife (Rhonda) and I made the very first GTG along with HT(Hunter) and Larry (lpcard). I've had the pleasure of watching us grow from a three car GTG to the rolling circus we are today. I have worked in telecommunications (Southern Bell), Aviation (FBO), US Air Express (Mechanic) and Cessna aircraft parts. I spent three years in Mustang restoration parts before going to work for Social Security.(Well they send me a check once a month) Oh yeah...I love ice cream and HATE Chinese food.