Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2014, 10:15 PM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

What wheels are you thinking about?
Old 08-17-2014, 11:14 PM
AJ06GT
5th Gear Member

Nothing too fancy. Honestly, I really like the look of the machined 2010 GT500s on Redfire. Can't really sell myself on the cost of anything too fancy. I'd rather put that money elsewhere like a grill and maybe GT/CS bumpers. Then I'd be mostly happy with the appearance. Then I could start saving for DA BOOST!

Pics on AM

Last edited by AJ06GT; 08-17-2014 at 11:17 PM.
Old 08-18-2014, 07:09 AM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Location: Thomasville, NC Where we beat headers into submission!!

Well, I tried to do things the right way in building my deck by going and getting a permit and it backfired on me.

The way my house is built they can't attach the deck to the house in a fashion that would meet code and there's not an affordable way to build a free-standing deck where we wanted to put it.

The deck guy was supposed to come by on Saturday and negotiate returning some of the $2000 I've already given him and hopefully get the piles of lumber out of my driveway.

Yeah, he never showed or called. I don't think he's running off with my money but I hung around the house all day waiting for his *** to show up which kind of pissed me off.

I did get to install my MBRP exhaust on the Jeep while I was lingering around the house. Only took 4 trips to Advance auto but... it's on there. Sounds ok. Hard to compare a 4.0 straight 6 to a Mustang V8.
Old 08-18-2014, 09:29 AM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AJ06GT
Nothing too fancy. Honestly, I really like the look of the machined 2010 GT500s on Redfire. Can't really sell myself on the cost of anything too fancy. I'd rather put that money elsewhere like a grill and maybe GT/CS bumpers. Then I'd be mostly happy with the appearance. Then I could start saving for DA BOOST!

Pics on AM
Those would look good and boost is nice!!!! lol

Originally Posted by Jeffk
Well, I tried to do things the right way in building my deck by going and getting a permit and it backfired on me.

The way my house is built they can't attach the deck to the house in a fashion that would meet code and there's not an affordable way to build a free-standing deck where we wanted to put it.

The deck guy was supposed to come by on Saturday and negotiate returning some of the $2000 I've already given him and hopefully get the piles of lumber out of my driveway.

Yeah, he never showed or called. I don't think he's running off with my money but I hung around the house all day waiting for his *** to show up which kind of pissed me off.

I did get to install my MBRP exhaust on the Jeep while I was lingering around the house. Only took 4 trips to Advance auto but... it's on there. Sounds ok. Hard to compare a 4.0 straight 6 to a Mustang V8.
That really sucks about the deck. I know you guys were really looking forward to it. As for the guy being a no show and not calling.....Holy crap, I would be pissed too!
Old 08-18-2014, 11:37 AM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

Just saying Jeff.....I can make a way to get the deck next to the house.
Old 08-18-2014, 12:16 PM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Location: Thomasville, NC Where we beat headers into submission!!

Originally Posted by Sleeper_GT
That really sucks about the deck. I know you guys were really looking forward to it. As for the guy being a no show and not calling.....Holy crap, I would be pissed too!
Yeah, it sucked. Especially since we bagged on your party to wait for him.

Originally Posted by clowe1965

Just saying Jeff.....I can make a way to get the deck next to the house.
That's all good but I don't want to bust through 4" of concrete to get to the dirt and then dig another 16" down.

Plus it was getting beyond our budget so we gave up.
Old 08-18-2014, 05:13 PM
kzonts
5th Gear Member

Darn Jeff! Talk about bad luck.
Old 08-18-2014, 06:14 PM
bravobravo
1st Gear Member

(i guess this is where this goes)
why are you going to have me come in early and stay late most of the pay period and then yell at me for ten minutes for getting too much overtime.

icing on the cake my boss wanted me to come in early tomorrow and got pissed when i said no. ive never wanted to punch someone in the face so bad before.

other than that it was a normal monday
Old 08-18-2014, 07:09 PM
Carolina Man
3rd Gear Member

I don't know if I can wait 2 more weeks to bring my GT home.
Old 08-18-2014, 07:22 PM
CPTCO
5th Gear Member

Ugh. The wife had me all excited when she said she wanted a Karmann Ghia. Of course, she's been looking online and using "volkswagon" to sort...now she wants a new beetle...

Quick Reply: CAROLINA CHAT