Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

Bob's Mufflers in Raleigh

Old 04-11-2011, 04:01 PM
New2V8

Default Bob's Mufflers in Raleigh

So I hope that I'm putting this in the right section. I was driving around NC State's campus and had to get a few things before work. I stumbled upon a shop on Tryon Rd named Bob's Mufflers. THESE GUYS ARE AMAZING! I went to go look at what they had for our cars and prices and was blown away. One of the guys told me that he could do gutted glass-packs for $88 a muffler and would only take about an hour to do. Now I am in no way a car guru, I'm just learning about cars and such but this seems like a good deal. I was just wondering if this is a good buy and would it effect my emissions passing? I was posting this in the Carolina Chapter cause I was wondering if maybe someone else has done business with them or even heard of them?
Old 04-11-2011, 08:39 PM
94Blk5.0
5th Gear Member

Any muffler should pass incpection granted it's not leaking, etc... I am not sure what they mean when they say "gutted" glasspacks... I see no reason to gut a glasspack. Anyway most glasspacks are around $25-35 + install. If you want an agressive tone, they are what you want. Skip gutting anything though.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:00 PM
New2V8

Thank you for the information. I was incorrect in my description. They wanted to empty the glasspacks out from what I understand. I have done some research on this so that I limit the stupid comments but glasspacks normally get louder overtime due to the fiberglass not absorbing as much as when they are new correct? I just don't want the car sounding like a Honda lawnmower lol.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:07 PM
HasABetterSN
3rd Gear Member

I've seen that shop, I know they did really good work on my buddy's 280zx. I remember him saying they seemed really strict on anything emissions related, so any work they do will definitely pass
Old 04-12-2011, 05:11 PM
New2V8

Cool

Well thats good, I talked to a few people on States Campus and they have done a lot of trucks, but I haven't really heard much about cars. Plus, even if it didn't pass emissions....I have people
Old 04-12-2011, 05:14 PM
HasABetterSN
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by New2V8
Well thats good, I talked to a few people on States Campus and they have done a lot of trucks, but I haven't really heard much about cars. Plus, even if it didn't pass emissions....I have people
haha you don't even need people around here.. I got mine inspected last week at the Shell by Crabtree, and they passed it no questions asked, didnt even have to bribe them or anything. There WAS a suspicious $6 parts charge on the invoice, I think they knew what was up
Old 04-12-2011, 05:36 PM
New2V8

HAHA nice, I love when lack of detail works for the common man. I'm just now getting to a place to save for my build that I ultimately want. I just need to find a local place to get parts and someone to show me how engines work and how to build. I could just pay someone to do it but I want the satisfaction of doing it myself and also learning a valuable skill.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:42 PM
HasABetterSN
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by New2V8
HAHA nice, I love when lack of detail works for the common man. I'm just now getting to a place to save for my build that I ultimately want. I just need to find a local place to get parts and someone to show me how engines work and how to build. I could just pay someone to do it but I want the satisfaction of doing it myself and also learning a valuable skill.
Did you just move down here? As for a local shop, I would recommend Fastlane Motorsports, they are fantastic. They're a Mustang only shop, located in Benson (about 30 mins down 64 from here).
Old 04-12-2011, 05:48 PM
New2V8

Well I was born and raised at Camp Lejeune. I moved here for when I went to high school. I didn't really didn't start getting into cars until I stumbled upon a classic muscle car show near base. I was an instant love and I want to be able to buy cars and restore them.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:46 PM
crescent_wrench
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by HasABetterSN
Did you just move down here? As for a local shop, I would recommend Fastlane Motorsports, they are fantastic. They're a Mustang only shop, located in Benson (about 30 mins down 64 from here).
Plus 1 for Fastlane.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bob's Mufflers in Raleigh